SASS Wire Forum

Browning 1911- 22

THE CALHOUN COUNTY BA

folks I like the looks of the new Browning 1911-22 Have any of you seen one yet? I just gotta have one of them (if the price is right)

If it shoot as good as the Buckmark it will be great.

CCBA

MSRP is $600 according to the Browning website. That's for an alloy frame and slide gun! I belive I'll keep my LLama and pass on the Browning.

Don't know why they scaled the thing down. But I still want at least one. What else is new. I want one of everything.

Meanwhile my Chiappa 22 is great. And I hear great things about the GSG and the Colt Ace (made by who? not Colt I know, is it Umarex?).

Lone Dog: My Colt Ace was made by Colt. It would make you cry if I told you what I paid for it (new) about 40 years ago. And no....it is not for sale. I think I fired it ten times and it looks like new. I never used it for the Bulls Eye .22 caliber matches. My High Standard Victor and my Smith model 41 were more accurate in my opinion.

I have held our sales rep's sample and took it apart. Looks just like a scaled down 1911. Our store is expecting about a dozen as soon as delivery commences. As far as I know none have been sent to retail outlets yet. I'll have to have one just because. :)

LD, the Colt 1911-22 is licensed by Colt & sold by Umarex, but is manufactured in Germany by Walther. It is not called the Ace.

http://www.colt22rimfire.com/index.php?page=colt-1911

http://www.carl-walther.de/index.php?company=walther〈=EN&content=products&hid=15&uid=8&product=1704

It comes in 3 models, the 1911 (mil spec), the 1911 Gold Cup & the 1911 Rail Gun. MSRP varies from $399 to $499 depending upon the model. Actual gun shop prices should be somewhat less.

Archived