SASS Wire Forum

Santa Clarita,Cal

Rye Miles #13621

My son who currently lives in Burbank,Ca, is looking at houses, apts. etc. in Santa Clarita. Way back in 1982 I lived there for a bit with my cousin in Saugus.(same area) Beautiful area, any shoots close to there? I may be visiting this summer sometime, maybe living there in a couple years too. Much obliged for any info, Rye ^_^

Absolutely! Lots of great shoots and clubs. Might look under the list of SASS clubs, but I know Piru is right there and there are some in the San Fernando Valley.

We'd be happy to have both of you join us in Bakersfield at 5 Dogs Creek. We're just over the hill to the north. We shoot the first weekend (based on the first Sunday of the month)...five stages on Saturday and another five on Sunday. Potlucks, campfire and fun. Summer can be "warm" but if you've lived in the area previously, you already know.

Come on by!

Ah,heck Kate. The warmth will help him thaw out from all that cool weather he gets up there on Lake Eire. And after the thaw he can come over to the coast and do some camping, cooking, poker playing and shooting with the Chorro Valley Regulators on the second Sunday, maybe a three hour drive up the coast from Santa Clarita.

Kate and Mad Dog, Ya'll make it sound like lots of fun which I'm shore it would be. I may be coming there to visit in either May and if not then October fer sure. Looking forward to coming there. Much obliged, Rye :)

Kate and Mad Dog, Ya'll make it sound like lots of fun which I'm shore it would be. I may be coming there to visit in either May and if not then October fer sure. Looking forward to coming there. Much obliged, Rye :)

We host the California State Championship in May...actually because the first Sunday is May 1 the match is April 28-May 1. Come on out for a great time!

We host the California State Championship in May...actually because the first Sunday is May 1 the match is April 28-May 1. Come on out for a great time!

Kate, my trip all depends on my son's schedule. He's in the music business and he's going out of town for a couple weeks in late April. I'm probably looking at late May or fer sure October. Can't wait to see the mountains and shoot in sunny Cal. Gotta figger out how to git my guns and ammo there now. Working on that. Rye ^_^

My son who currently lives in Burbank,Ca, is looking at houses, apts. etc. in Santa Clarita. Way back in 1982 I lived there for a bit with my cousin in Saugus.(same area) Beautiful area, any shoots close to there? I may be visiting this summer sometime, maybe living there in a couple years too. Much obliged for any info, Rye ^_^

Howdy Rye,

There's quite a few clubs nearby: Deadwood Drifters, Piru Northfield Raiders, Sylmar The Cowboys, Norco The Hole in the Wall Gang, Piru The Over the Hill Gang, Sylmar

There's 3 other clubs within an hour and half drive.

A little off topic but was it Roy or Gene what had a ranch in Santa Clarita?

Regards, TJ

Gene's ranch is east of Newhall, a bit south of Santa Clarita, off of highway 14 I think. Roy's place was in Apple Valley.

rye if your gonna fly, taking your guns with you is absolutely no big deal, especially on southwest. shipping ammo is pricey, not sure about shipping bp rounds. There should be someone out there whu wud load yu up some. IJ?

I never thot I wud leave oh, no I'm not so sure at all....good folks are everywhere.

cheyenne

Deadwood Drifters in Piru are fantastic and about a 25 minute drive from Santa Clarita. On the other side of the creek (literally) from them is Hole in the Wall and on the same range as Drifters, there is a Cowboy match that shall not be named (send PM if you want to).

Up the creek from these two ranges are ranges for IPSC, IDPA and Steel Challenge.

Gunsmoke Heaven.

Cheers,

BJT

Deadwood Drifters in Piru are fantastic and about a 25 minute drive from Santa Clarita. On the other side of the creek (literally) from them is Hole in the Wall and on the same range as Drifters, there is a Cowboy match that shall not be named (send PM if you want to).

Up the creek from these two ranges are ranges for IPSC, IDPA and Steel Challenge.

Gunsmoke Heaven.

Cheers,

BJT

Nonsense BJT, I'll name 'em. The Deadwood Boys I shouldn't have overlooked them in my first listing.

rye if your gonna fly, taking your guns with you is absolutely no big deal, especially on southwest. shipping ammo is pricey, not sure about shipping bp rounds. There should be someone out there whu wud load yu up some. IJ?

I never thot I wud leave oh, no I'm not so sure at all....good folks are everywhere.

cheyenne

Thanks CC, could I just ship the ammo (maybe I'll go smokeless) to my son? Then again maybe I could just buy some there? Then all I hafta worry about is the guns.

Hey I don't blame anyone fer leaving Ohio, the weather just gets too much to bear! Rye

Check out the High Desert Cowboys in Acton, Ca.

We shoot the 3rd Sunday.

Cheers,

LG

Hey Lumpy I googled it and it's really close to Santa Clarita. I'm coming out either the end of May or October. Hope to shoot. Much obliged, Rye B)

Archived