SASS Wire Forum

Unfair Treatment of Workers:

A county representative from the Office of Fair Employment drove out to a ranch one day to talk to the rancher about rumored fair employment infractions. The county man confronted the rancher and said, "It's come to our attention that you may be treating some of your employees unfairly. Who do you have on your payroll?"

The rancher said, "Well, I have a hired hand that I pay $200 a week, his room and board are free, he works from 8:00 to 5:00, Monday through Friday, and gets his weekends off."

"Do you have anyone else working here?" asked the county agent.

The rancher scratched his head slowly then replied, "Well...yeah...I've got this one guy who's mentally challenged. He makes $10 a week, he pays for his room and board, he works seven days a week from 6:00 in the morning to around 7:00 or 8:00 at night. But, he gets to sleep with my wife occasionally and gets a bottle of whiskey on the weekends."

"That's the man I want to talk to!" exclaimed the agent.

"You are," said the rancher. :)

:lol::lol::lol:

Here is a true story.

In the early 70s a guy from EEOC came to the place he worked, needed to talk to the plant manager and then lit into him about quotas. Went on for about 10 minutes about equality and balance in hiring and if the plant didn't meet quotas they could be shut down, fined, etc. Being a real north end of a south bound horse. Manager finally had enough, held up his had to get the guy to shut up for a few seconds, picked up his phone, told the foreman "Fire three of the black guys, hire three whites to replace them." then hung up the phone. "There, now we will meet your ratio." The EEOC guy sputtered and started yelling that he couldn't fire and hire people based on race like that. Held up his hand again, "Look, you just told me I needed to have W Latinos, X white, Y black, and Z Pacific Islanders. I just followed YOUR orders and put us into compliance with YOUR numbers. Now you tell me I can't do that. Get the hell out."

(no one actually got fired, they had been expecting something like that and were ready for it)

Archived