SASS Wire Forum

1894 css Marlin (18 1/2 barrle)

Riptide

I was wondering if anyone has a one of the stainless Marlin 1894 rifles. They hold 9 rounds according to the flyer. I was wondering if you can get 10 38 specials in if you swap out the magazine springs or something?

I was wondering if anyone has a one of the stainless Marlin 1894 rifles. They hold 9 rounds according to the flyer. I was wondering if you can get 10 38 specials in if you swap out the magazine springs or something?

Should be able to fit 10 38 Specials. If not, some guys snip some of the mag spring off to make a bit more room.

New toy coming your way?

:D

I can get 10 .38spl. with an overall length of 1.536" with a little extra help from a dowel rod. (.38spcl. case with a very long round nosed bullet)

just tried 10 .357 cases with 158 gr. round nose flat point bullets. OAL of 1.492" loaded easily. I have not trimmed the spring or the magazine plug.

I have two. I easily get 10. Don't remember my length but seems 1.44????? Anyhow they work great with 38 super that are short. If you want me to make sure about the length please pm me soon. I will be home in a couple of days.

Howdy,

Im surprised that marlin still advertises this 9 round limit.

The marlin folks MUST know that sass matches often use 10 rounds

and that ten 38s are so easy to fit it this carbine.

Just do the math, 10 1.5 inch rounds is 15 inches.

the barrel is 18.5 that leaves three and a half inches for the spring

and the follower.

This 'will ten rounds fit in a marlin?' question has been asked about

twice a month for the last ten years.

sheesh.

Come ON marlin, wake up.

Best

CR

Archived