SASS Wire Forum

NON SASS, Cell Phones

Persuader, SASS # 74492

If your looking at the unlimitted everything one from Walmart thats what I got for my wife. She likes it a lot and it seems to work well and she hasn't had any problems with coverage. Best thing about is that it is under 50 bucks a month with tax and they seem to have great coverage at least for us.

Thinking of changing my cell service. Any members here have Straight Talk? Your experience with service, especially traveling?

MOSE SPENCER uses straight talk. he travels all over the country all the time an almost always has service and is very happy with his service. wal-mart seems to be cornering another market. haha

My wife uses a Trac Fone. She gets 450 minutes that Trac Fone doubles to 900 minutes that last a year. Phone works perfect all over the US. She is not a high usage person and uses phone more for semi emergency or coordination calls or if I need to contact her. If she needs to make a long call she uses my BlackBerry. $100 per year is not a big cost if your call needs is not too large. This for 15 hours of calling. Any left over time is carried forward if you add time within the year.

I have looked into this myself. Most of my info came from a Walmart electronics clerk.

Got a pard with Straight Talk. Happier than he was with Verizon. In our neck of the woods its att or verizon.

Another pard, his maw switched to straight talk. Took a month to transfer number over.

Walmart clerk told me customer service is outta Phillipines, it sucks and they speak broken English.

She said she had one and was equal to her old verizon service area. I was impressed at that after she told me where she lived, Verizon is only thing that has ever worked there. Even then its unreliable. Also, it was easier for her to manually transfer numbers than to have customer service do it.

Also she warned, if ya are least bit late, game over. Number gone. One of the problems of a month to month no contract deal. Best to do an auto pay from your checking account.

Be sure to get the right phone for what ever system you think will work best. CDMA or GSM or whatever other systems are out there.

Best of luck.

Which network of towers does Straight Talk use?

In my area AT&T's coverage is terrible. Verizon is very strong. Cellular One is strong, just watch your bill & contract as they will put the screws to you when your head is turned. Sprint/Nextel didn't have any coverage when I moved here 5 years ago, I think it is spotty coverage now.

So, like others have said, check the coverage and type of system that works best for you and your area. (or areas that you travel to often)

I can't comment on "Straight Talk" as my service for years has been Verizon. Home and mobile. Now that iphone is available from verizon, just switched to iphones. Verizon to Verizon costs no minutes. Most of our contacts also have Verizon, so there's no long distance charges at all. YMMV. Coverage throughout the east has been stellar, with the exception of a part of "West By Gawd Virginia" where NOTHING works :unsure:

Coffinmaker

Archived