SASS Wire Forum

GSG 1911

Guest Cinch, SASS#29433

Guest Cinch, SASS#29433

Anyone have any experience with a GSG 1911 .22? Before I buy it I am wondering if anybody has any first hand knowledge...

Hey Cinch,

Yep bought one last year. So far I have put about 3000 rds through it. Only one miss feed when a Pard was shooting it. Been using Fed 550 box from Walmart. Shoots good and I like it a lot. The only real complaint is the palm safety is a little hard to engage verse a real 1911.

Wyatt

Guest Cinch, SASS#29433

Wyatt,

Cool thats what I wanted to hear. The thing felt good and the grip safety wasn't too bad when I dry fired it a couple times. Just gotta see about a couple extra mags. Thanks for the input!!

Cya, Cinch

For about the same price is these imported 1911/.22's you can buy a slide/barrel/mag upper assembly to fit to your existing 1911. This keeps the same feel of grip, trigger and safeties, plus they are made better than these zinc-alloy guns. Ceiner, Kimber and Marvel all make these. Midway USA is a good source. They can ship directly to your home since they do not have a frame.

Hey Cincheroo, sent you and email regarding this pistol. It is the best. I would highly recommend it. I did figure out that for it to funtion without an hickup, you need a firm grip on the pistol, you cant limp wrist it and just let it recoil back, hold it tight. Call me. TSW

I have one and love it. The mags can be a little hard to come by and are priced high. Mine has been tried with several different brands of .22 and it functions well with all but the really weak stuff. Bulk Remingtons fed fine.

As far as the comment about the zinc guns. I agree. The one I looked at was poorly made and the steel insert in the hammer fell out during the first firing session. It had to be returned for repair.

The GSG 1911 is not made of zinc. Mine is machined from aluminum. I researched the conversions before buying the GSG. The most recommended unit was the Tactical Solutions since they are accurate and reliable with a variety of ammo(a lot of conversions aren't). The GSG was about $100 cheaper than the Tactical Solutions conversion.

For about the same price is these imported 1911/.22's you can buy a slide/barrel/mag upper assembly to fit to your existing 1911. This keeps the same feel of grip, trigger and safeties, plus they are made better than these zinc-alloy guns. Ceiner, Kimber and Marvel all make these. Midway USA is a good source. They can ship directly to your home since they do not have a frame.

I don't have a 1911 (closest thing I own is a Star Model B), so I've been looking at getting one of these. It operates enough like my Star and my Hi Power that it will be a nice way to practice for shooting these for a lot less money.

GSG 1911-22

Well after hearing about a great gun rushed out and bought one today.$319.00 good buuuut the trigger is reaaaal heavy. about 5-6 lbs.

Best I could do at 30 feet after about 200 rds was about 10 inches. gona need a tune up, and get trigger down to 3 lbs.

CCBA

After tune up will post about it again.

Have feeling I'm gona like this one.

I have never had any sort of malfunction using my Colt ACE conversion kit on my 1911 (not A1 though my Dad's company armorer during WW II did change it to the arched spring housing) and god knows how many bricks I have run through it.... would love to find a few extra real NOS magazines for it though it is amazing the way it will even shoot a magazine loaded with several different brands and types of Ammo everything from CCI stinger to Eley subsonic match ammo... must be the floating chamber evening out the impulse to the action.

Guest Cinch, SASS#29433

Fahrvergnügen!!!

The magazine has to be in to lower the hammer which is weird but the gun runs like a champ with anything I have put in it. Trigger is about 3lbs. and the sights are easy to regulate. Best of all I don't have a .45 tied up with a conversion on it!!

Archived