SASS Wire Forum

Gubsmoke TX

Lucky Lennie, #22244

OK:

I attended Trailhead this year for the first time in 3 years. The pistol targets were fine, the senario's were ok, and the rifle targets were "far". But everbody had to shoot the same targets. Small targets look even farther when sit in the middle of a BIG field!

I went back to Gunsmoke to shoot and camp with my shotting buddies. Besides, I had a new (to me) RV to check out. And who woundn't want to camp and drink beer in a cow pasture with the rattling of gunfire from a gatling gun in the background.

Will I return - sure its close and if I don't get a better offer.

Colt sorry for your experence. Rattlesnake is fun to watch, especialy when he beats his daddy.

Regards,

Marcus Hooker

Adventurer

My opinion was asked and was given freely. It was better than previous years but there is need of improvement if the goal is a larger attendance. There was some repetiveness in some of the stages and there was at least one stage with seperate order on each pistol and a different order on the rifle. I my opinion that was a P trap. With the distance, size, and lack of audio on the rifle targets it makes it too difficult for some counters to be accurate in counting. All that aside we were treated good by the match officials and they graciously allowed us to shoot through given Rattlesnake has missed so much school for other shoots.

There were other things that happened at the match that I was not happy about and it had nothing to do with the match or club. One of the things that happened was I overheard someone on one the posses making fun of and insulting my 12 year old son Rattlesnake. Now anyone who knows me knows I can take joking around and teasing stc. but when it comes to my son it's a whole other story. This person didn't know either one of us that I know of. I'm very glad that Rattlesnake did not hear what this person said about him because it would've crushed him for the match. After that incident my head was not into the game at all. I never told Rattlesnake what was said and I'm not going to. Incidently, on this particular stage there was a built in miss because you had to throw a stick of dynamite in a box off the clock for a five second bonus making it a built in miss for some people. However, Rattlesnake burnt this stage to the ground in a scorching 13 seconds.

Sounds like that bunch

Colt,

I was at the stage at the mine when that was said about Rattlesnake and I didn't care for it at all. I saw you get worked up about it and asked a buddy later what happened because I didn't hear what was said. It's not right at all. On another note I really enjoyed watching you three shoot!

Overall, I thought that it was a good shoot. I like challenging shoots though. I like smaller and farther targets and I like lots of movement and wild scenarios. I do better at those kind of shoots because all of my guns are stock and I have good aim. This kind of shoot levels the playing field for me. I just can't keep up with the guys with the short strokes and the action jobs at a close and fast shoot. I kind of wish SASS would add a "Stock" category for guys like me. One of these days I'll send off my 1873 for a tune up. Until then, I'll just keep hitting the small and far shoots.

Had a great time and I'll be back!

Colt,

I was at the stage at the mine when that was said about Rattlesnake and I didn't care for it at all. I saw you get worked up about it and asked a buddy later what happened because I didn't hear what was said. It's not right at all. On another note I really enjoyed watching you three shoot!

Overall, I thought that it was a good shoot. I like challenging shoots though. I like smaller and farther targets and I like lots of movement and wild scenarios. I do better at those kind of shoots because all of my guns are stock and I have good aim. This kind of shoot levels the playing field for me. I just can't keep up with the guys with the short strokes and the action jobs at a close and fast shoot. I kind of wish SASS would add a "Stock" category for guys like me. One of these days I'll send off my 1873 for a tune up. Until then, I'll just keep hitting the small and far shoots.

Extensive analysis has been undertaken...and the fact is, that shoots like THSS pull the good shooters even farther away from the fair shooters...the not so good shooters end up lightyears away.

Whatever a club wants to do is fine...it's their club. Just don't bitch about folks not wanting to come and play, ask for opinions...and then call those opinions whining.

Gunslinger - your stages are tops!!!! Don't change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phantom (California Liberal Whiner that should go back...according to some hospitable Texans :wacko: )

:FlagAm:

Deuce, I am with you and Phantom. It really makes me sad though, to hear when someone goes to a match and doesnt have fun because it was so easy to shoot a clean match. All this time I thought it was fun to shoot a little faster and clean rather than slow and have a bunch of misses and P's. I guess I should re-evaluate the way I write stages and set targets.

Gunslinger, I am with Colt Faro - don't change what you have been doing. The matches held at the Oakwood range are shooter friendly. I always like how the stages are written and the target placement is always good. Everyone that is responsible for putting on the match does a great job. Lillie Jewel and I always enjoy shooting at Oakwood! See ya at Jail Break.

Stony

Phantom,

Good point. I had not thought of it that way. I usually place in the top 20% at most matches though and I had not shot for about nine months until trailhead, and it is the first time I had ever been there.

Like I said, I had a great time and will definitely go back. I just don't see why some people are so butt-hurt about their shoot and won't go. A shoot is a shoot, and I don't care if the targets are big or small, close or far, if you are good you should do well no matter the circumstances. Maybe it is about more than their targets??? I just don't get the negativity.

Colt,

I'm glad you had a good time. I did too as always no matter the shoot. I really don't understand this level the playing field stuff. All the fast guys have to do is slow down a little and they still come out on top. You have to shoot faster at a longer range. That Sir is HARD TO DO. I WAS #8. OH by the way my stuff is pretty much stock except for the rifle and the stuff that I could do to the rest.

Wyandot

Phantom,

Good point. I had not thought of it that way. I usually place in the top 20% at most matches though and I had not shot for about nine months until trailhead, and it is the first time I had ever been there.

Like I said, I had a great time and will definitely go back. I just don't see why some people are so butt-hurt about their shoot and won't go. A shoot is a shoot, and I don't care if the targets are big or small, close or far, if you are good you should do well no matter the circumstances. Maybe it is about more than their targets??? I just don't get the negativity.

It's a pet-peeve of mine. Don't like the philosphy where by one designs stages that frustrate the lower third of the CAS shooting public.

Has NOTHING to do with whether I personally can handle the shooting...doesn't have anything to do with "everyone has to shoot the same match"...fact is, that there are a LOT of CAS participants that just can shoot real small and far targets. I hate these designs 'cuz it HURTS CAS in general.

I'm glad you had a good time. I did too as always no matter the shoot. I really don't understand this level the playing field stuff. All the fast guys have to do is slow down a little and they still come out on top. You have to shoot faster at a longer range. That Sir is HARD TO DO. I WAS #8. OH by the way my stuff is pretty much stock except for the rifle and the stuff that I could do to the rest.

Wyandot

Wyandot - the issues with THSS and those that set up matches the same way have NOTHING to do with fast, experienced...good shooters. I've been fortunately enough to meet some real great folks in this game and many of them don't shoot these kind of matches 'cuz it's just NO FUN for them...it's more like WORK!

Yep the fast guys usually come out on top anyway so why not make it shooter friendly for everyone. In my case I didn't fare so well because I let a certain incident get to me. This match definately taught me a lesson. It taught me that I have to reach down deeper and focus harder even when someone says something that pisses you off so bad that you just want to pack your stuff up and leave. But I'm not a quitter and I had my son and another Buckaroo to look after that day. I chalked this one up to experience and decided to move forward. I also learned that Rattlesnake was not the only young shooter to catch a little flack that day. This has added fuel to my fire and people who know me know what my recent mission is with regaurds to youth in SASS.

Oh yes I almost forgot this is the first match I ever saw a BLACK flag go up because a mini Van went down range! LOL No Joke!

Whoa! I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers over my comments. I don't have a dog in this fight. I was just trying to say I had some fun and I did better than usual. Pretty good for not shooting for nine months, don't you think?

Man, I need to start shooting more! Can't wait for my next match!

Colt, like I said, real sorry about that thing with your boy. I wish I had heard it when it happened and I would have tried to set them straight! What age did you introduce Rattlesnake to guns? I have two boys (4 & 6) and was wondering when to start them. Man, I hope they love shooting as much as your boy! I can't believe he practices so much dry firing! It really shows. If I could work my SxS as fast as him I'd take a ton of time off! I never can seem to get the shells in the damn holes fast enough... I know, practice, practice, practice.

Whoa! I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers over my comments. I don't have a dog in this fight. I was just trying to say I had some fun and I did better than usual. Pretty good for not shooting for nine months, don't you think?

Colt, like I said, real sorry about that thing with your boy. I wish I had heard it when it happened and I would have tried to set them straight! What age did you introduce Rattlesnake to guns? I have two boys (4 & 6) and was wondering when to start them. Man, I hope they love shooting as much as your boy! I can't believe he practices so much dry firing! It really shows. If I could work my SxS as fast as him I'd take a ton of time off! I never can seem to get the shells in the damn holes fast enough... I know, practice, practice, practice.

No feathers ruffled here...sorry if I made it sound that way.

;)

Wyandot

Jim, the level playing field is that everyone shoots the same targets......near or far, large or small.....doesn't really matter except some folks only want to shoot really fast and that is ok also.

Deuce, I am with you and Phantom. It really makes me sad though, to hear when someone goes to a match and doesnt have fun because it was so easy to shoot a clean match. All this time I thought it was fun to shoot a little faster and clean rather than slow and have a bunch of misses and P's. I guess I should re-evaluate the way I write stages and set targets.

NO!!!!

One thing I never worry about going to Oakwood. I KNOW that I will have a good time.

I KNOW that the stages will be good and targets at the right distance.

Don't change a thing.

Fact is. I will see ya in just over a week for JailBreak at Oakwood.

"Phantom (California Liberal Whiner that should go back...according to some hospitable Texans )"

Phantom, I don't know what Texans you believe want you to leave, but it would be foolish to ask a cowboy that wins as much as you win to leave......maybe it is just a difference of opinion.........

No feathers ruffled here either for sure.

ElMacho,

I introduced him to guns about the time he hit this earth. LOL Snake shot his first match when he was 5 years old at Showdown at Buckcreek. It was a Southwest Regional match. He started shooting 22 Single Sixes and a Henry Youth model cut down so far it looked like a Mares Leg. He didn't feel comfortable with a shotgun until he was about 9. Over the years he's always loved guns and he is like a walking gun encyclopedia. He not only knows about them he knows how to handle them and handle them safely and proficiently. When we would go to shoots sometimes he would want to shoot and sometimes not. At times he only wanted to shoot a couple of stages and that was it. I never pushed him because I knew if I pushed him it would turn him off and he might not want to do it anymore. So I let him find his own way and it's served him and me quite well. Over the last year he has really taken off. He has massive upper body strength for his age and I think it comes from holding guns up all his life. As far as your kids go, they are all different and it's just what they are prepared for physically, mentally and thier level of maturity when it comes to guns. Snake is so far off the charts on maturity that he has a hard time identifying with many kids his own age. I guess that's my fault being a single dad and his mom never in the picture much. he's pretty much grown up on a cowboy range and around adults most of the time. Which brings me to my mission, this sport needs more youth and your kids would certainly be welcome. feel free to email, call or pm me anytime if you have any questions and I will help anyway I can. I can't say I know everything but I have been through a lot with raising a Buckaroo shooter.

I hope this helps.

Colt

"Phantom (California Liberal Whiner that should go back...according to some hospitable Texans )"

Phantom, I don't know what Texans you believe want you to leave, but it would be foolish to ask a cowboy that wins as much as you win to leave......maybe it is just a difference of opinion.........

Heyya Concho,

I was making reference to Good Ol' Lucky Lennie's post...he's a gem!

The level playing field...everyone shoots the same match thing doesn't address the issues that rub me and others wrong. You see, the type of game that THSS plays keep folks with lesser abilities from playing...it's just not fun for them. Therefore, the club ends up being a gathering place for likeminded folks...which...eventually just dries up and dies.

Cheers!

Phantom :FlagAm:

PS: You'd be surprised how many folks would like me to go back to CA...

Heyya Concho,

The level playing field...everyone shoots the same match thing doesn't address the issues that rub me and others wrong. You see, the type of game that THSS plays keep folks with lesser abilities from playing...it's just not fun for them. Therefore, the club ends up being a gathering place for likeminded folks...which...eventually just dries up and dies.

Cheers!

We don't want you to go back to California Phantom even though you new SASS # is 54-THSS666 Phantom aka Anti-Christ!

LMAO you know I'm jokin with ya.....

Heyya Concho,

Cheers!

Yes, I can see where a new shooter would have lots of problems with the Trailhead kind of match. I know that when I started, it was enough just to make sure I was following the rules, and if i hit the targets so much the better........LOL.

Someone said that they have rifle targets out to 75 yards. Can this possibly be true? WOW!! That's different. And just about unbelievable these days. I will have to see this for myself next year. Everybody around these parts bad mouths the Pampa shoot as a bullseye match but the farthest rifle target is 40 yards and the rest are closer, not the biggest in the world but well within the guidelines.

I am not a fast shooter but I try. A wanna be gamer. I know me and Madd Mike are in the minority but the rifle targets have crept in TOO close most places these days. The concept of The Rifle is the projection of power over a distance, not to see who can toggle switch the bloomin' thing the fastest. 8 to 12 yard rifle targets are just TOO close IMNSHO. I know most folks like 'em up in they face like that but the pendulum needs to swing back the other way a bit. I just don't think rifle targets 1 or 2 yards farther than the pistols is the way to go. Kinda silly if ya ask me, but then of course nobody ask me... Got no problem with big close pistol and sg tho.

75 yards??? Really??? This I gotta see with me own eyeballs.

Someone said that they have rifle targets out to 75 yards. Can this possibly be true? WOW!! That's different. And just about unbelievable these days. I will have to see this for myself next year. Everybody around these parts bad mouths the Pampa shoot as a bullseye match but the farthest rifle target is 40 yards and the rest are closer, not the biggest in the world but well within the guidelines.

I am not a fast shooter but I try. A wanna be gamer. I know me and Madd Mike are in the minority but the rifle targets have crept in TOO close most places these days. The concept of The Rifle is the projection of power over a distance, not to see who can toggle switch the bloomin' thing the fastest. 8 to 12 yard rifle targets are just TOO close IMNSHO. I know most folks like 'em up in they face like that but the pendulum needs to swing back the other way a bit. I just don't think rifle targets 1 or 2 yards farther than the pistols is the way to go. Kinda silly if ya ask me, but then of course nobody ask me... Got no problem with big close pistol and sg tho.

75 yards??? Really??? This I gotta see with me own eyeballs.

Lone Dog, to tell you the truth, I thought it was just about like shooting a match out at the Canadian River Regulators (which happens to be where I got my start and shot for my first few years). I'm a bad judge of distance but I don't think any of the rifle targets were over about 40 yards at Trailhead. The Cody Dixon targets were maybe 75 yards out.

How in the heck are you doing anyway Lone Dog? I sure wish I could make it out there every once in a while. I just live too far away now.

Howdy Macho I was wondering if that was you or someone else with the same alias. I'm doin' good for an old fat man. I remember when you first started, I used to lend you a Stoeger. The Canadian River Regulators have moved the rifle targets over to this side of the creek since you shot here. Big and way closer. The cabal that took over thot it would increase attendance but it hasn't. Truth is, it's a sparsely populated area and with clubs now in Levelland, Kress, Slaton, etc folks have more choices and those south of here no longer need to drive so far up here into the hinterlands. The rifle targets are more like 10 and 15 yards in Clarendon now. A little too close for my tastes but it's all good. Still 25 to 40 yards in Pampa and that ain't ever gonna change so I get a mix.

Say didn't you have a passle of huntin' ground up here I want to say by the Palo Duro? Why'd ye leave us for the humid nether regions? Hope you and yours are all doin' all right.

I'd love to hear from a club that shoots the small/far targets and is GROWING in attendence.

I'd love to hear from a club that shoots the small/far targets and is attracting younger folks.

My take is that it's the old folks that have been shooting guns most their lives that like the small/far stuff...and are happy to have a small little "friends" only club...and have the attitude of "when we die, CAS dies".

I'd love to hear from a club that shoots the small/far targets and is GROWING in attendence.

I'd love to hear from a club that shoots the small/far targets and is attracting younger folks.

My take is that it's the old folks that have been shooting guns most their lives that like the small/far stuff...and are happy to have a small little "friends" only club...and have the attitude of "when we die, CAS dies".

Hell yes! Preach it brother! There is no where near enough youth in SASS and when there are attitudes like the one described above the youth doesn't want to be there and I wouldn't either. I have many older friends in this sport and all of them support more youth in SASS. All the ones who don't can stay at thier dying clubs/sanitariums and die like a bunch of @#$#$%^ LUNGERS.

OOPS too harsh??? Sorry that's how I feel.

Lucky Lennie...It was my pleasure meeting you in person and thanks for starting this post with an honest evalulation of Trailhead 2011.

I am not a member of the board at Trailhead, but I do have the honor of being one of the 26 Stage Marshalls and this year I was "William Munny" at Stage 3, the outhouse scene in UNFORGIVEN with Clint Eastwood and the "Scoffield Kid" (Corba Kid).

I had a great time at Trailhead this year. For those who don't know me, I shoot "Classic Cowboy" and will until I gradulate to that "Range in the Sky". This year, I used my '51 Navies and shot as fast as I could (as a gamer} and this is my results:

1st Place Classic Cowboy (out of 4)

Fastest Derringer

Fastest Pocket Pistol

Best Costume Award (Stage Marshall)

Clean Match Award (one of 3)

#28 Overall (out of 127)

This year at Trailhead, 14 guns were given away and half that many fine knives and a gold enlaid Bowie Knife at auction went for $1000.00, brought by Double Down Dan and Irish Gypsie.

There were a lot of vendors and a 45/70 Gattling Gun that you could fire for $1 a shot (cheap). There were two new restrooms (right up close) and the Ladies had A/C.

I feel that Trailhead will continue making improvements (maybe bigger rifle targets, not closer), but Trailhead will never be a "Big and Close" contest and where shooting a Clean Match does mean something and where you can miss fast enough and still win your catagory or OverAll.

Ghost

There is no where near enough youth in SASS...

I think (as if anybody really cares what I think :blush: ) you're dead on, pard! We've not yet met in person, but we're sure to given the geography, and I look forward to seein' that boy of yours shoot in person! Love the videos.

I have a 13 y/o girl shootin' (she started just three months ago) and I'm givin' instruction now to my 8 y/o boy (who I'll probably turn loose on pistols only in a few months after I'm satisfied with his gun safety). I guess our little club in Orange is an anomaly, but in addition to my two kiddos, we've got 4 other new shooters in the last 3 months who are all under the age of 16. I'm not terrible (but I'm still a newbie :rolleyes: ) and 3 of those "kids" beat me at our last local shoot....each of them shooting stages less than 35 seconds or so on average. I agree wholeheartedly that our sport (not to mention the value to the kids themselves) is greatly enhanced by the introduction of youth. I still get a grin when one of these "kids" smokes through a stage cleanly and see their big sloppy grins as the pick up their longguns and move the ULT.

I also had the experience of another shooter saying something detrimental about my kid at a recent shoot. I'm not giving details, but the comments were made right in front of me as I manned the ULT. The "Papa Bear" really wanted to come out in me, but for the most part, I kept my mouth shut. It hindered my outlook on the rest of the days' shoot as well.

My only hope is that those who read and post here realize the importance of youth to SASS, and accept the fact that young shooters represent the future.

As the Aussies say, "Good on ya," and I look forward to meetin' you and Rattlesnake on the range somewhere.

Chick

Howdy Macho I was wondering if that was you or someone else with the same alias. I'm doin' good for an old fat man. I remember when you first started, I used to lend you a Stoeger. The Canadian River Regulators have moved the rifle targets over to this side of the creek since you shot here. Big and way closer. The cabal that took over thot it would increase attendance but it hasn't. Truth is, it's a sparsely populated area and with clubs now in Levelland, Kress, Slaton, etc folks have more choices and those south of here no longer need to drive so far up here into the hinterlands. The rifle targets are more like 10 and 15 yards in Clarendon now. A little too close for my tastes but it's all good. Still 25 to 40 yards in Pampa and that ain't ever gonna change so I get a mix.

Say didn't you have a passle of huntin' ground up here I want to say by the Palo Duro? Why'd ye leave us for the humid nether regions? Hope you and yours are all doin' all right.

Yes sir, we still have that place on the canyon rim. I don't make it up there much and we lease it out to a group of guys from Dallas. It would be a great place for a shoot someday because of central location and the great view on the canyon edge. Plus plenty of room for campers/trailers and people could even bring their horses and do trailrides.

Yep, had to move because of my job. Went to Corpus for about three years and then moved to Round Rock about this time last year. Love it here, but do miss Amarillo sometimes. I was spoiled there with the ranch and my shooting range only 50 min. away! Oh well, I'm working on setting up a range at our place in Fredericksburg now. Progress is slow right now with the little ones!

I thought I read somewhere, before the match, that some of the targets were gonna be bigger and had been moved in some? Did that happen?

What size and distance were the targets?

It sounds like scenarios flowed better?

Possum

Possum, our pistol targets were for the most part 16"ers(new targets) although we did throw in a few 14"ers (cause we didnt have enough 16"ers). The closest pistol target was set at 20ft. & the farthest at 25ft (so we are closer to the reccomended safe distance of 7 yards) All of the pistol caliber rifle targets vary in size because they are all cut out in different shapes (trains, pigs, vultures & so on) but they are plenty big. These targets were set between 35 & 40 yards (well within SASS guidelines & most of the targets are considerably larger than 16"). There were no pistol caliber rifle targets set at 70 yards I assure you, I know cause I measured them on each & every stage! Now we do have some rifle targets set at 70 to 90 yards, but those are for a category called Cody/Dixon where you can either shoot a Big Bore Lever or Big Bore Single Shot. This is a fairly new category that The Texican Rangers & THSS came up with for those folks who have big bore guns but don't get a chance to use them that much. I hope this answers your question.

Colt, I wish you would have come to me when who ever it was said that about your boy. I would have taken care of it. I'm sorry it happened.

Old River Ranger

Each year at the Trailhead banquet, THSS gives a special award to shooters who have some type of handicap but still shoot the match the same as the rest of us. This year, Big Ed presented the award to Stary Night, who had a stroke a few years back, but because of dear husband, Dutch Dave, and help from all her shooting family, was able to shoot Trailhead with the rest of us.

Just a few of the things that THSS does, that are not well known.

Ghost

. . . The concept of The Rifle is the projection of power over a distance, not to see who can toggle switch the bloomin' thing the fastest. . . .

That part is a fairly common myth. Look up Commodore Perry Owens

If all the rifle targets are very close, we are missing the variety essentially all of us like. Just as if all the rifle targets are beyond 20 yards, we miss the variety.

Each year at the Trailhead banquet, THSS gives a special award to shooters who have some type of handicap but still shoot the match the same as the rest of us. This year, Big Ed presented the award to Stary Night, who had a stroke a few years back, but because of dear husband, Dutch Dave, and help from all her shooting family, was able to shoot Trailhead with the rest of us.

Ghost

I thought you guys did an awesome job! This was my first time there and I'll definitely be back! People who are staying away because of things said on this wire are really missing out. It was as fun as any shoot I've ever been to, but I think they are all fun! We need to be supporting all shoots not just the ones WE personally think are best. Supporting any and all clubs is what is best for our sport, as long as the clubs adhere to the SASS guidelines. Bad mouthing clubs here does nothing positive for our sport. Just my two cents, I'll shut up now.

Ghost

Ghost

We all had a good time at Trailhead..yeah the rifle targets were further out there but that added challenge. My son Ray thought it was great and had a clean match going the first day and ran into a bit of trouble the second day with a P on a pistol target because he was not thinking of the correct order....That cost him first place in his classs but he was not mad...just disappointed that he did not clean the match. He even hit the bonus on stage 1 where you had to get the bullet in a 2" tube...he was happy about that...even happier when his old man missed it. I have always tried to tell him to use the sights and shoot straight....much better than spray and pray. He was happy to get his 2nd place trophy and even happier to win a new gun.

He likes the up and close targets too like at Old Fort Parker just as well....got to have variety to make him an all round shooter....I would bet that in the "old West" alot of your bad guys didnt hang around close when the shooting started...but then again this is a fantasy sport.

He wants to come back to Trailhead....First time we been there...he was happy and to me.........that is all that counts.

Possum, our pistol targets were for the most part 16"ers(new targets) although we did throw in a few 14"ers (cause we didnt have enough 16"ers). The closest pistol target was set at 20ft. & the farthest at 25ft (so we are closer to the reccomended safe distance of 7 yards) All of the pistol caliber rifle targets vary in size because they are all cut out in different shapes (trains, pigs, vultures & so on) but they are plenty big. These targets were set between 35 & 40 yards (well within SASS guidelines & most of the targets are considerably larger than 16"). There were no pistol caliber rifle targets set at 70 yards I assure you, I know cause I measured them on each & every stage! Now we do have some rifle targets set at 70 to 90 yards, but those are for a category called Cody/Dixon where you can either shoot a Big Bore Lever or Big Bore Single Shot. This is a fairly new category that The Texican Rangers & THSS came up with for those folks who have big bore guns but don't get a chance to use them that much. I hope this answers your question.

Colt, I wish you would have come to me when who ever it was said that about your boy. I would have taken care of it. I'm sorry it happened.

Old River Ranger

Just an FYI, the 7 yard distance has nothing to do with safety.

The distances seem fine too me...but then I would never design a match for the likes of me.

Hope y'all have a great and successful match next year.

Phantom

Archived