SASS Wire Forum

Deja Vous' porch

Deja told him three times to bring the chips and dip, and a bottle of tequila, and he shows up empty handed? Can ya blame her?

lol... yeah.. and you know what he forgot my garlic pickels too... lol.. You know if you want to visit you can at least bring the refreshments and dinner.lol..

I know, right? He couldn't even stop and pick up a pizza. Sheesh, what a lame guest.

Yeah, and he tracked sand on my porch too..

I dunno about that one, I think I'd let him slide, heck, last match I was tracking along a tumble weed that had attached itself to my pant leg until some pards let me know about it.

I dunno about that one, I think I'd let him slide, heck, last match I was tracking along a tumble weed that had attached itself to my pant leg until some pards let me know about it.

Yeah, but you always remember the pizza.. and besided.. I this visual of you and a tumble weed.. lol

it's a man cave creation :lol: well, half a cave ...and don't need no decoratin

I have a perfect lamp for the cabin.. lol.. I made it myself. It is a porch posts, with a cross 2x4 at the top and a couple at the bottom to hold it up. I mounted a steer skull on it, wired the thing to a metal switch box and ran wife to sockets I mounted in the eyes and mouth area, the lower jaw is missing .... I have the new bulbs with Mercury in them, you know which ones, huh? Anyhow they are the eyes, and I have a candle shaped light for his mouth.. lol.. It is a bit bright.. The horns are black.. it s pretty cool. but certainly something for a cabin... but no need up there, it uses electric power.. lol

No need for lectrical things at a cabin, not at my cabin at least, you want light, strike a wooden match and like a lamp. Runnin water? Run up the hill to the old red pump and pump yerself all you want. Indoor terlit you ask? Sure we got one, in the door of the outhouse, down the path to the North. But I don't suggest closing the door while yer in there, you'd miss out on the view.

Now a place with 'lectricity and water and a terlit right in the place, that ain't no cabin, that's a summer home. Nuthin wrong with them, they just ain't no cabin.

That's the view from my saddle, yorn may be different.

Grizz

Hey Grizz, what about heat and air conditioning you might ask. Yup, we got that covered too, you want heat, you best hope someone cut some wood to feed the old wood stove, if'n ya drag a mattress across the opening for the ladder to the loft, you can run yerself outta there in a hurry. For air conditioning just open a window or two and the door. Yes siree, it's a cabin by jimminy, not no summer home.

Oh, one more note, if'n ya gotta make the walk down the path to the North at night, ya might want to take a hurricane lamp and a pistol, we got all manner of critters up there, doubt the bears would bother you, but the cats might.

Deja Vous' porch is a right friendly place

Just step over the body and we'll make you a space

There's a roof there of sorts whut'll keep off the sun

And it won't get too damaged by shootin yore gun

It won't keep of the rain but there ain't none out here

Just sand, wind, and coyotes, ain't nothin to fear

An occasional spider or scorpion bug

Just pull up a stump and pull on this jug

The more that we drink and the more we lay back

It looks more like a real house than a desert half-shack :lol:

Deja Vous' porch is a right friendly place

Just step over the body and we'll make you a space

There's a roof there of sorts whut'll keep off the sun

And it won't get too damaged by shootin yore gun

It won't keep of the rain but there ain't none out here

Just sand, wind, and coyotes, ain't nothin to fear

An occasional spider or scorpion bug

Just pull up a stump and pull on this jug

The more that we drink and the more we lay back

It looks more like a real house than a desert half-shack :lol:

That is a gud un ..... for shore :)

Someday I gotsta record my "Ode to Deja Vous" and post it. Wuz gonna do it in a duet with Gun Click Rick last time I visited with him, .... but we got busy with gun stuff and I furgot all about doin' it. Damn -_-

Archived