SASS Wire Forum

The Gorillla is dead

Wyatt

My new Uberti 1873 Deluxe Border Rifle showed up at the shop today. It only took two months to show up.

This afternoon during a slow period I decided to give the screws a try at loosing them. I started with the side plate screw. I put my chin on top of the screw driver and grit my teeth. Dang it came loose with very little effort. Ok moved to the lever screw....same setup....no problem. Pulled out the guts. Everything looked fine. A few minor design changes from my seven year old guns. Gave the trigger group screws a try and they came loose with little effort. So far I'm a happy Cowboy.

The last thing to check was the magazine plug and tube. Last time I did this it took three days of soaking with penetrating oil to get it loose. I called one of the guys over to pin the gun to the bench and try not to twist the tube off. I have tighten the plugs on my old guns tighter than this one. Pulled out the spring and the follower. I looked down the tube to find....guess what.....wrong......no rust, just the blueing you expect to get but never do. So far I've got a keeper!

Wyatt

Well, iffn ya taint got a spur marlin, and i stand corrected, or a widdermatic tu shute, nex bes thin izza 73, I pose..... :blush:

Cheyenne, whuze got a nickul 73 44-40 carbine o hiz own, Culpepper :lol:

I figert owt wy et dint take az long, thay dint titen tha screws.... :lol:

Word has it that his younger brother McGilla was just hired on at Uberti & Bongo is going to train him. McGilla 's going to fill in when Bongo is on vacation or sick leave as he is now. Word has also come down the pipeline that Bongo sprained his wrist tightening screws. Hense the hiring of McGilla.

Yep an he's a fast leaner judging by the screws on the new 66 I got in for a minor "Slick-em-up" job....

Only broke one screw ..........

Jabez Cowboy

Most of the new Uberti's I've been getting have not had Bongo's touch. Certainly is a fine thing. I think the wrist injury theory may have some validity but it also may be that he got laid off due to the economy :)

Here's the word I got.

BONGO was part of the 'Tea Party' posse what was elected to Poor-lickable office this past year and now he's off in Washington trying to 'tighten the screws on the economy'. Yep, thats what I heert.

And yes, McGilla is workin his job right now trying to learn the TRUE meaning of 'torgue'.

..........Widder

See I still maintain that its not Bongo at the factory. They hired SFC Scrivens when he retired from the IGs section at Ft. Bragg. Only man I ever saw who could pull the grips off at 1911, unscrew an M60 flash suppressor PAST the lock pin, or remove an M203 launcher with no tools. Hands like country hams and I swear he could drive a 16 penny nail into oak with one finger.

So, are you finally admitting to having more than one loose screw? The rest of us have known this for a LONG time. ;)

HEY...Not everybody has meet me. There maybe somebody out there that thinks I'm somewhat normal. Anything is possible :wacko:

Bongo likes Sheriff Wyatt

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Wyatt...

Good grief... fella..

Don't know if anybody else here see's it... but from the looks of yore avitar... you done peed yore pants... and yore cods are all hangin' down-like on a setta strangs.

Button up... and dry out... in that order. A true pard will always tell ya this kinda stuff that you need to know.

(joshin' withya, Wyatt... but I can't make out details in lil' bitty pics too well)

ts

I got one of those Beretta Renegade's in my shop last week. The only screw that was tight was the lifter lever screw. The others I was able to turn with just the screw driver bit without the handle. One I could turn with my finger nail! Wonder where the gorilla was that day?

Later,

Daybreaker

Wonder where the gorilla was that day?

Later,

Daybreaker

Obviously he was workin' on both the .357 and .45 Colt Beretta Renegades that I just picked up! God bless whoever invented the impact driver!!!!!

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

TS

If'n I didn't no better I would thing u was a bit jealous :lol:

Florida Stud Wyatt

Well... ain't gonna lie to ya, Wyatt.

Man goes by "Stud"... shore could use a setta clackers hangin' down like that there to back it up.

Unfortunately for me....

(Them thangs'll do justice to a bull elephant.)

ts

Archived