SASS Wire Forum

Shooting at a new club

Carolina Cowboy

Howdy Folks I would like to make a post for everyone to add to.....My goal this year is to shoot at least a couple of new venues, so I want to challenge everyone to do the same, post where you would like to shoot, and how it went. Too often there is negative things posted about different ranges, but from my experience, they have all been great....I have shot at my club(Plymouth,Michigan, Redford,DSC and the Rockford Regulators plus the Michigan Range War) and have enjoyed them all, this year I want to shoot at least 1 in Ohio and Indiana plus at least 1 new 1 in Michigan.....let me hear from you and where you would like to shoot, it does not have to be WR or EOT,but a local venue.....I want and intend to shoot at the Cutters Raiders and the Sandusky County Regulators, plus at least 1 club I have not shot in Michigan.....I realize that work(I know a 4 letter word) keeps most of us from shooting as often as we would like...but it is just an excuse..come on folks....tell me where you WILL shoot at this year that you haven't shot before, and then post for all to see the results....let's do something on this wire that helps everyone and the clubs and let other shooters know why THEY should shoot at that club....Cowboys and Cowgirls, pony up, make this a never ending post.....

Lately I been trying to shoot at clubs I've never shot at before and their annuals. Clubs need our support, if we just support a few, then some may drop off due to lack of support. Every new club helps increase our exposure to potential new shooters, and keeps our sport/game alive and ensures us being around.

I'm seeing lately less shooters at many clubs, some that use to have monthlies of 60+ are down to a couple dozens. Without our support of attending some new and old clubs, we may not have but a handfull later, and travel further. MT

Heee Haaa Carolina.. I WAS planning on shooting in Plymouth this weekend :huh: I never been there before ;)

Heee Haaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

Guest evil dogooder

Well since I've never shot a match before there are many places id like to shopt but ill start with the clubs near me. My goal is to make the state match here in minnesota this fall and as many local shoots as possible

Shot at a club last weekend that we had not been to before - Mule Camp Cowboys. Great bunch and a lot of new as well as familiar faces. Went ahead and joined up as well as we expect to attend their monthly matches on at least a semi regular basis - if I can get enough time in at the reloading bench. Sure would like to upgrade to a Dillon ....

Bucky

Planning on doing two new Regionals this year. Hell on Wheels and Last Stand at Chimney Rock.

Marshal Stone

Marshal;

When you shoot Chimney Rock, be sure to say HAY to us. It's at my home club, and the RR BAR is already working hard to make the 2011 Centennial of Roy Rogers' birth the best Chimney Rock ever!

Besides EOT I plan to visit four to five other clubs this year. A win win as I see it, get to shoot more often and meet great folks in different towns.

Polly and I try to do this every year and the hardest part is not going back to the ones we really enjoy so we can put something new on our calender. one example of that is the Ruckus at red rocks in southern utah. we had such a blast last year we have to go back again this year. we still have plans for other shoots but that was a must repeat match.

CC

Howdy Carolina!

Last year I made it to Lapeer and DSC. This year I made it to Winter Range and got together with a few Wolverine Rangers while down there. My plan this year for new venues include the Georgia State Match and the Pennsylvania State Match. Now when it gets warm up here I'll be visiting y'all in Michigan some more and hope to get to Rockford and some more clubs where you Wolverines have fun!! Of course Range War is only an hour away so I'll "revisit" that one cause it's so convenient and some habits are hard to break!! ;) Not to mention it's a great shoot!

I'll be looking for ya "Down the Trail" !

Colt

I just moved to a new town (Atwater) with a limited membership range, so I am looking for any place to shoot close by. Other than that I really am going to try to make it to the state shoot in Bakersfield at 5 Dogs Creek. From what I've heard it looks to be a real blast. Smithy.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life
Shooting at a new club We all need to do this

You can do it if you want to... but I'd be afraid they'd get mad at me shootin' at 'em. Might even shoot back at me.

ts

You can do it if you want to... but I'd be afraid they'd get mad at me shootin' at 'em. Might even shoot back at me.

ts

Let's do that a-ssu-me thing, an' figure he meant "at" as in "location", not "at" as in "toward"! Unfortunately, I probably get to shoot or visut with other clubs more'n my own. But I have a large time, wherher I shoot or not! Scorekeeping, spottin', timin', or pickin' up targets, joinin' in and sharin' their experience can't hurt your chances of bein' welcomed back!

This Carolina Cowboy Harman Hammer is heading up to the great northern territory of Alaska, to shoot with Marshal Stone @ Shootout Under the Midnight Sun. These guys have been very welcoming to me, with emails flying back n forth. Heck they might even let me catch some of their native salmon to bring back south.

I will need to train for this trip. Staying awake for 20 hours of fun shooting, and general cowboying foolery, will be a first for me. That's just one day of a three day match.

Look Out Hammers Comming... And.....

This Carolina Cowboy Harman Hammer is heading up to the great northern territory of Alaska, to shoot with Marshal Stone @ Shootout Under the Midnight Sun. These guys have been very welcoming to me, with emails flying back n forth. Heck they might even let me catch some of their native salmon to bring back south.

I will need to train for this trip. Staying awake for 20 hours of fun shooting, and general cowboying foolery, will be a first for me. That's just one day of a three day match.

Look Out Hammers Comming... And.....

Put more thought into tha fish than tha shootin!!! Man I wanna go!

RRR

Let's do that a-ssu-me thing, an' figure he meant "at" as in "location", not "at" as in "toward"! Unfortunately, I probably get to shoot or visut with other clubs more'n my own. But I have a large time, wherher I shoot or not! Scorekeeping, spottin', timin', or pickin' up targets, joinin' in and sharin' their experience can't hurt your chances of bein' welcomed back!

Griff looking foward seeing you again at wildwood wranglers it has always been good.maybe at another In. range. ps always have plenty of ammo so any time you want you can use my stuff. Rusty

New Matches this year

Bayou Blast (a definite do again)

Possum Trot (I'll let you know in Oct.)High Hopes

Return engagements:

POP Prince of Pistoleers. (Did half a match last year before the rain washed us away.) This year includes the Kansas State Championship

US Open (Must do shoot- If anyone has better facilities, I haven't heard about it)

Mose Spencer handles the stage writing. You'd better be ready to think a minute (lots of options) and then run and gun.

Comin At Cha-(Another Must Do) How could anything beat a Dooley Gang run shoot?

Noz,

I'm going to be in the Ozarks area in 2 weeks. Sure wish it was on a weekend. Arriving at Bull Shoals April 3 and leaving April 5. Love them Ozarks. Grew up in Neosho, MO

Shot the "Canadian Regional" when it was a Vernon B.C.,,,, Then At Mission B.C. then at Courtney B.C. and plan on shooting it at Rockymountain House AB. this year .... Plan on shooting at least one two day shoot in Sask. the Province to the east of mine ... I also plan on shooting the "Canadian National Championships" for my first time ...

I also plan to shoot "Palmers Gulch" the B.C. CAS championships .... And one of the very best shoots anywhere !!! Again !

Jabez Cowboy

You have a great idea. I did just that last year and plan on doing it again this year. I went to Guns of August for my first time last year and it was great. I could kick myself for missing it in the past.

Howdy Folks I would like to make a post for everyone to add to.....My goal this year is to shoot at least a couple of new venues, so I want to challenge everyone to do the same, post where you would like to shoot, and how it went. Too often there is negative things posted about different ranges, but from my experience, they have all been great....I have shot at my club(Plymouth,Michigan, Redford,DSC and the Rockford Regulators plus the Michigan Range War) and have enjoyed them all, this year I want to shoot at least 1 in Ohio and Indiana plus at least 1 new 1 in Michigan.....let me hear from you and where you would like to shoot, it does not have to be WR or EOT,but a local venue.....I want and intend to shoot at the Cutters Raiders and the Sandusky County Regulators, plus at least 1 club I have not shot in Michigan.....I realize that work(I know a 4 letter word) keeps most of us from shooting as often as we would like...but it is just an excuse..come on folks....tell me where you WILL shoot at this year that you haven't shot before, and then post for all to see the results....let's do something on this wire that helps everyone and the clubs and let other shooters know why THEY should shoot at that club....Cowboys and Cowgirls, pony up, make this a never ending post.....

:FlagAm: Howdy Carolina I'm glad to hear your planning on visitng us @ Sandusky Co. Regulators this year hope to see ya in April . The welcome mat is out for you and your pards . Woodfox

:FlagAm: Howdy Carolina I'm glad to hear your planning on visitng us @ Sandusky Co. Regulators this year hope to see ya in April . The welcome mat is out for you and your pards . Woodfox

hey Woodfox

I plan on seeing you this spring, will look at the APRIL 9TH shoot, might be able to work that one in, have heard a lot of good things about you guys and your club.....and thanks for the Welcome

Polly and I try to do this every year and the hardest part is not going back to the ones we really enjoy so we can put something new on our calender. one example of that is the Ruckus at red rocks in southern utah. we had such a blast last year we have to go back again this year. we still have plans for other shoots but that was a must repeat match.

CC

I just this very morning got permission from the boss to come up there and shoot. I've heard the Dixie Desperados put on a fantastic match. Hope to see you and Polly.

My recent re-invention has become quite a travel schedule. This time out I threw in a stop at Marble Falls, TX. The closest club is Green Mountain Regulators. As luck would have it the monthly was scheduled for Saturday (26 March).

Jan Francisco (2nd shoot EVER) and I had a really nice time. Phantom brought his newest shooter Buckeye Slim. Dragon Hill Dave brought 2 new shooters Mangy Coyote and his wife (sorry :wacko: CRS flare-up).

We had a really nice time. The range is easy to find. The new shooters had fun with two moving targets. I found the stages well written and a nice change from basic 10/10/4, but hardly difficult (well... ok.. the keeper strap on my rt pistol made the moving target a bit more challenge than it should have been :lol: )

But, all in all a good time and it was fun to see the look that South Dakota license plates give these home-grown Texicans. :D

PS!! The peach pie with ice cream at the Blue Bonnet Cafe was worth the drive!

My goal this year is to shoot at least a couple of new venues,.......... this year I want to shoot at least 1 in Ohio and Indiana plus at least 1 new 1 in Michigan.....

Then in 2012 you can do the St. Jude's Charity Shoot. That way you get to shoot at two clubs in one week-end, and have a heck of a good one, too.

My first time at Land Run is a week and a half away!!

Imis Twohofen is comin' too!!

Also Riverbend Rangers for the Jawja State match, and then Arkansas' State match in June and Black Gold in July!!

We are also going to Land Run for are first time. Also were signed up for the St.Jude's Charity Shoot,that will be are first time there. This will be are first time shooting at a large matche.

Made Bayou Blast in Louisiana for the first time a couple weeks ago. It'll be on next years schedule.

Comin At Cha will be the first time this year. It's getting harder to find new ones to do and still attent matches at clubs I belong to.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Then in 2012 you can do the St. Jude's Charity Shoot. That way you get to shoot at two clubs in one week-end, and have a heck of a good one, too.

Please send me the link to check it out Marshal, sounds like fun

They moved Texas State last year and I did not get to shoot it.

But will be this year. It is at a club I have never shoot at before.

And if plans go right I will add a Club in Kansas for there State shoot.

Think that is the only new clubs for this year.

Try to add a few new ones each year.

Archived