SASS Wire Forum

Long Step has passed today

Rex M Rugers #6621

Pards , it with great sadness that I must tell you that Long Step (Gary Bacon) , has ridden into the sunset. He passed today in Grand Junction , CO., and will be buried next week in Daisy , OK.

My heart goes out to Bonnie , and all the rest of Gary's family. Let our thoughts and prayers be with Bonnie and Gary's parents and siblings , and his children.

I have no other details. Those who knew Long Step remember what a great guy he was , and how he was cut down by a brain tumor a few years back. He fought it hard , but now has lost the battle. I will miss him.

Heartbroken , Rex

Long Step -

A great shooter and a FINE gentleman. Praying for his family and friends.

Garrison Joe and Amber Ale

Prayers up for the families.

LORD GOD, I plead with you to send your Comforter, the Holy Spirit to this family, may He comfort them a give them the peace that passeth all understanding in this time of sorrow. may this time be one of triumph, triumph of eternal life over death, and a life in a place where there are no tears and no sorrow. Lord I pray that this family may have the assurance the Shifty is with you and kicking up gold dust. in Jesus's name, amen

I missed seeing them, being with and shooting with Longstep and Lady Longstep when they moved from Farmington, NM. It is a sad day for sure.

This makes two shooting friends I have seen pass in the last few days.

I have the upmost respect for Longstep. He taught me so much in sportsmanship in the game of CAS.

I wish Bonnie comfort and peace in this time of loss.

Goodbye for now Gary.

Blastmaster

Gary has been in my prayers so often. He has given a long, hard fight. Prayers again up for Bonnie, friends, and of course Gary's mother and father (Choctaw Jack). May God bless and comfort.

Prayers & condolences out to the family from Dakota Skipper & Prairie Dawg

Very sad day :( When I got Stumble Leena's email last night about Gary's passing, it was a sad moment. When I first started shooting Gary's advice and help ment alot. My condolences to Bonnie and the family, he will be missed.

We were very sad to hear of Gary's passing. Our thoughts and prayers are with Bonnie and their families.

Gatling & Diamond R

Very sad news. My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends. He was a fine cowboy.

He's been added to the memorial pages.

Longstep was a HUGE part, and hard working member, of our club Tres Rios Bandidos. A true ambassador to CAS, and a mentor to many in the sport. Our condolences go out to Lady Longstep and their families. El Mulo

Gary was a great person to be around & shoot with.Gary & Bonnie were agreat help to us when they lived here.Together Gary & Bonnie were the main cheering section.Gary will be greatly missed..ADIOS GARY We'll see you on the trail... Largo

Our condolences to Lady Longstep and family. Canelo Kate and I had the pleasure of posse-ing with them in NM at Victorio's Run and later at Bordertown. Nice folks.

Safe trails,

CKid

Prayers up for Longstep and family. May the Lord give compassion and mercy to those left behind, knowing that someday they will all be reunited.

Respectfully

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Archived