SASS Wire Forum

Bordertown Az. SOLD OUT

Hells Comin

They listen to their customers?

They put on a shoot that is BIG, CLOSE, FAST and FUN?

And if/when they make a minor mis step - They are quick to assure that it won't happen again.

Seems so easy doesn't it? Ya wonder why other annuals can't figure it out.

Not only is it sold out, but the number of attendees ranks it as one of the larger state championships. It did take almost two weeks to sell out this year tho. :rolleyes: Do you suppose that folks do like close, big targets with sequences that old farts can remember? <_<

They always say the Location is everything. ;)

Were else better to shoot, than Tombstone in October. B)

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA

Actually, Small and Far target matches sell out just as fast.

Why take the shoot in...uhhhh...well how'z about the shoot over in....uhhhhh....

nevermind.

:mellow:

you know the one over at that one place....................I can't think of it right now but when I do I'll let you know.

I'm sure glad I sent my entry in the day I got it. This tells me 3 things:

1. People like big, close targets.

2. The Gunfight Behind the OK Corral was 130 years ago. Tombstone will be crowded that week.

3. They need more shooting bays so they can take more entries.

I'll also note that if EOT was limited to the same number, it would be sold out. They can handle close to 800 contestants. Their entries are up from the same time last year.

I'll also note that if EOT was limited to the same number, it would be sold out. They can handle close to 800 contestants. Their entries are up from the same time last year.

With all due respect - Bordertown is a "State" Championship and sells out 300 shooters in two weeks.

EOT is the World Championship and cannot attract less than three times a state match?

It aint all location - location - location.

Sometimes the product you're selling is the difference.

With all due respect - Bordertown is a "State" Championship and sells out 300 shooters in two weeks.

EOT is the World Championship and cannot attract less than three times a state match?

It aint all location - location - location.

Sometimes the product you're selling is the difference.

EOT does have to overcome Location.....anyone that denies that isn't giving them a fair shake. Was it the best cowboy match I've ever attended.....NO....was it the best Cowboy EVENT I've ever attended......BY A MILE!

It was still a pretty good shooting match.

Stan - who is looking forward to EOT 2012

SORRY TO SPOIL ALL THE WAY OUT WEST FUN, BUT COMIN AT CHA IN ENGLISH TEXAS IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST MATCH IN THE COUNTRY.

it has big close fast fun stages

all inclusive prices so they shooters are not nickel and dimed to death

tons of fun and events every night of the full week

OVER 300 of your closest friends and toip quality shooters

and the never ending entertainment brought on by the DOOLEY GANG!!!!!

sorry folks, but it just cant be beat

SORRY TO SPOIL ALL THE WAY OUT WEST FUN, BUT COMIN AT CHA IN ENGLISH TEXAS IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST MATCH IN THE COUNTRY.

it has big close fast fun stages

all inclusive prices so they shooters are not nickel and dimed to death

tons of fun and events every night of the full week

OVER 300 of your closest friends and toip quality shooters

and the never ending entertainment brought on by the DOOLEY GANG!!!!!

sorry folks, but it just cant be beat

I dunno MJ, I kinda like that match run by Mose and Bella Spencer called the US Open. Great facilities, 1000 full hookup campsites. Beats CACs camping area.

Will I be at the Open, yes.

Will I be at CAC, Yes.

And this year going for #3 at Possum Trot.

Arizona is a little out of range.

I dunno MJ, I kinda like that match run by Mose and Bella Spencer called the US Open. Great facilities, 1000 full hookup campsites. Beats CACs camping area.

Will I be at the Open, yes.

Will I be at CAC, Yes.

And this year going for #3 at Possum Trot.

Arizona is a little out of range.

yea, the us open is a great one, but if u r plannin on shootin the open and cac, then u better sign up for the triple crown, for a measly 40 dollars more than the 260 u will spend to shoot those two u can join in the triple crown. shoot the midwest classic, along with the open and cac and get another great shoot at the sparta facilities and another great match run my mose bella and t bone. i advise u look into in, its the last weekend in april and u will not regret it

Well, lets get it back on track, I am going to Bordertown for my first time. Really can not wait. I have shot a monthly out there a few years back but was not able to get back out for the big shoot.(Plan on stopping by CaC on our way back.)

Got RV spot in town. spending an extra day or two in Tombstone. I was born in the area but moved to TN shortly there after. I try to visit Tombstone at least once a year. Never works out but I try. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to meeting my new friends out West

talk about hijacking a thread :wacko:

Yeah, it's not a.competition. It's not necessary to trash one event to talk up another. I want them all to succeed. I diesel was $1.98/gal. I'd make it to all of the matches mentioned. They're knot all the same weekend. Each one is unique.

It's amazing that in the middle of a depression these events are thriving,

1)Bordertown is a must for me.

2) I would love to shoot Comin a Cha and plan to do so.

3) EOT had over 1200 shooters in 2006. But it had to be held as two different week matches. 800 and 400 the previous week.

Archived