SASS Wire Forum

What a day to stop drinking!

Matthew Duncan

Stayed up later then I should have last night playing Black OPs. Just about got a foot into bed phone rings, I've got to go back to work. Spend and hour proving the problem is customer's equipment not ours.

Lunch hour drove 1/2 hour to Big Box Lumber Supply. Parts list I Googled doesn't match. Redesign project on the fly and get back to work late.

Coworker's service truck overheated. As I tow him back he hits the brakes hard and rips my tow strap in half.

5 minutes before quiting time a Company that colocates in one of our equipment rooms wants access. They are all ready on the way and will be here in a hour. 1 1/2 hours later they arrive. Spend a hour on their cell phone to determine that didn't bring the right parts. 2 1/2 hours after quiting time I get home.

Unload the stuff I bought during lunch hour from the Big Box Lumber supply. I discover I forgot a piece and will have to go back tomorrow! Saturday's project that has to be done before Sunday.

Wife's cats sitting in the stairway. I tell them "MOVE" and they just sit there (wife's home). So I go to walk around them AND then they decied to move right where I'm steping. Just about fell down the stairs.

Prostrate takes time so I decied to sit down and cool down. Ha that feels good...no toilet paper.

I haven't eaten since 7 AM and they wife still on the phone yaking.

Boy did I ever pick the day to stop drinking Mountain Dew...

Stayed up later then I should have last night playing Black OPs. Just about got a foot into bed phone rings, I've got to go back to work. Spend and hour proving the problem is customer's equipment not ours.

Lunch hour drove 1/2 hour to Big Box Lumber Supply. Parts list I Googled doesn't match. Redesign project on the fly and get back to work late.

Coworker's service truck overheated. As I tow him back he hits the brakes hard and rips my tow strap in half.

5 minutes before quiting time a Company that colocates in one of our equipment rooms wants access. They are all ready on the way and will be here in a hour. 1 1/2 hours later they arrive. Spend a hour on their cell phone to determine that didn't bring the right parts. 2 1/2 hours after quiting time I get home.

Unload the stuff I bought during lunch hour from the Big Box Lumber supply. I discover I forgot a piece and will have to go back tomorrow! Saturday's project that has to be done before Sunday.

Wife's cats sitting in the stairway. I tell them "MOVE" and they just sit there (wife's home). So I go to walk around them AND then they decied to move right where I'm steping. Just about fell down the stairs.

Prostrate takes time so I decied to sit down and cool down. Ha that feels good...no toilet paper.

I haven't eaten since 7 AM and they wife still on the phone yaking.

Boy did I ever pick the day to stop drinking Mountain Dew...

Closet drinker? lol... You know it is okay... just do the cans, smaller portions that way.. lol

Ought to tell you something, pard! One glass of Mountain Dew, or any sugared, carbonated, caffeinated drink makes me dizzy, hyper, then I crash. Don't drink often, but when I do, a glass of dry, red wine, a good single malt, or even a glass of sweet-tea don't seem to hit me the same way. This is Headstone's observation, not mine!! LOL! After several more of those, yep, I'll get dizzy, hyper, then crash, but it takes a whole lot more...! Makes you wonder what they REALLY put in "soft" drinks!

LOL

Velvet

Matthew, hope your day ended better and your tomorrow is smooth as glass! Hugs!

Ought to tell you something, pard! One glass of Mountain Dew, or any sugared, carbonated, caffeinated drink makes me dizzy, hyper, then I crash. Don't drink often, but when I do, a glass of dry, red wine, a good single malt, or even a glass of sweet-tea don't seem to hit me the same way. This is Headstone's observation, not mine!! LOL! After several more of those, yep, I'll get dizzy, hyper, then crash, but it takes a whole lot more...! Makes you wonder what they REALLY put in "soft" drinks!

LOL

Velvet

Matthew, hope your day ended better and your tomorrow is smooth as glass! Hugs!

Where did they get the name"Coke"?

:unsure:

You got it BMC, but I react the same with red or green KOOL-ADE, that ought to scare you!!! Or then maybe it splains a lot!!! LOL!!

V

Any excuse will do. Or as W. C. Fields once put it, "That woman will drive me to drink, with any luck at all".

=======================================================

Here's a sour looking group of gals that likely did drive their men to drink.

http://www.ilsul6ana.com/2009/10/30/1919-anti-drinking-advert%E2%80%8F/

=======================================================

Here's a sour looking group of gals that likely did drive their men to drink.

http://www.ilsul6ana.com/2009/10/30/1919-anti-drinking-advert%E2%80%8F/

Scary bunch. Where'd they park thier brooms? They look like the inspiration for that old saying about prohibitionist, "They are afraid that somewhere, someone might be enjoying themselves, and feel a compelling need to stop them before it spreads."

Archived