SASS Wire Forum

New M60 machine gun

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Dream job: weapons evaluator

Suck job: brass picker

ts

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

There are worse jobs, TS. Could be lead catcher. :mellow:

Yep... on a coupla occations... I've been involuntarily designated as a "human berm".

ts

Oh my, what a big smilley face I had watching that :D Brought back some memories. Supply officer wanted to get some new M-60 barrels and asked if I could do something to the old barrels so that they needed replacement. Of course I said :o , so I loaded around 350 tracer rounds all clipped together. Loaded the M-60 and the rest is history. The smile on that guys face looked exactly like me after it was over. Oh man that was something, looked like "Puff the Magic Dragon" only on the ground :) Took a while, but we finally got the fire out :lol: One good memory of that ole gun I had :wub:

:o

I want one!!!!

or two. :)

Guest Copper Mart

Been there, done that. One otherwise boring afternoon on the Dong Nai river, we strung 8 or 9 (don't recall exactly)belts together and made a strafing pass along a particularly unfriendly piece of shoreline. Throttles wide open (18 ft Boston Whaler with twin 40s)at about 25 knots and the 60 at about 75 degrees to port we ran the entire string out with one pull of the trigger. I'll have to admit that it did get just the teensiest bit warm. Scared the monkeys, too.

Mart...

I humped that bad boy for over 6 months in the jungle.

22 pounds empty weight with a minimum ammo load of 400 rounds (Usually closer to a thousand).

Gotta love the old war pig. Kind of reminds me of when the techs from FN were at Ft. Bragg and we were tasked with ruining bbls on the M249s that had been shot with the wrong, non SS109, rounds. You could watch the point of impact change as the bbl heated up on my favorite little bullet hose.

Archived