SASS Wire Forum

Have any of the Gun Thieves been caught or guns returned

Korupt Karl

I really hurt when I hear of a pard getting his guns stolen. I have seen postings over the years and it seems that there have been a lot more recently. Have any of you been fortunate to retrieve your guns....or have the "dirty low down thiefs" been apprehended and procecuted.

My brother had some guns stolen a couple of years ago and they finally caught up with em and they are doing time. Small consulation as he only got one of the three guns returned, but at least the two thieves are out of circulation for awhile. They cased his house and knew that he took a walk every day. They broke in through a bedroom window and he had a gun in the nightstand and had left his two CAS pistols on the dresser as he had been dryfiring. He must have come home early and startled them as they did not have time enough to ramsack the house. BOTTOM LINE.....they caught em and they are off the streets.

KK

There was a situation a few years ago when a pard in Maryland left his house without locking his safe. He lost 15 Colts and 3-screw Blackhawks. Chuckaroo posted a list of the serial numbers on his Damascus Wildlife Ranger website and it was widely distributed. I took a copy to our local shop in WV. Two days later, two of the Colts showed up with a young guy and his grandfather. The dealer started negotiations on a trade (for a.22 rifle!) after calling the Sheriff. They were still negotiating when the Deputy's arrived. Another gun was found on a guy in Martinsburg, WV. As best I know, only three guns were recovered and returned.

Archived