SASS Wire Forum

I Sure Could Use a Whole Warehouse

Bama Red

A year ago, I had a health scare concerning some tumors and enlarged lymph nodes. The tumors have been dealt with (benign), but the nodes were in a location where they could not be biopsied without major surgery, so the docs took a "wait and see" attitude and gave me a cat scan every six months following the original discovery. got the results of my third one today and the lymph nodes have not changed size or location. The doc says that is good and will only see me every six months for labs to monitor things on a routine basis. Whew!! :)

Now, Friday, I go up to the Vanderbilt Bone and Joint Clinic for a third bone scan - also at six month intervals, to see how badly my right artificial knee has deteriorated. I had the original replacement surgery in '02 and I've had three revisions to the knee since then (not at Vandy). The doc says unless he's real surprised by the bone scan, it looks like he may go in and just remove the original replacement knee and give me a new, state-of-the-art knee later this spring. Damn! <_<

I tell ya, someone could make a killing selling good used body parts.... :blink:

A year ago, I had a health scare concerning some tumors and enlarged lymph nodes. The tumors have been dealt with (benign), but the nodes were in a location where they could not be biopsied without major surgery, so the docs took a "wait and see" attitude and gave me a cat scan every six months following the original discovery. got the results of my third one today and the lymph nodes have not changed size or location. The doc says that is good and will only see me every six months for labs to monitor things on a routine basis. Whew!! :)

Now, Friday, I go up to the Vanderbilt Bone and Joint Clinic for a third bone scan - also at six month intervals, to see how badly my right artificial knee has deteriorated. I had the original replacement surgery in '02 and I've had three revisions to the knee since then (not at Vandy). The doc says unless he's real surprised by the bone scan, it looks like he may go in and just remove the original replacement knee and give me a new, state-of-the-art knee later this spring. Damn! dry.gif

I tell ya, someone could make a killing selling good used body parts.... :blink:

Bamas I would get bionic parts.. you never know where the left overs have been, you know? lol

Bama,

Look what they did for Colonel Steve Austin on TV! :lol:

BSD (who's also falling apart)

Best of luck Bama.

My sister was diagnosed with Juvenile RA back in about 1975, she's had both knees done at least twice, as well as both hips. When one hip joint failed last year, they went into replace it, but couldn't as there wasn't enough bone left to anchor it to, so now she is living without one hip joint.

Modern medicine is wonderful and has come a long ways since the mid 70s in terms of replacement parts, but, there is still just so much they can do.

I guess I tell you all that to say this, count your blessings, it could always be worse.

Grizz

I need a few new body parts too. 2 hips, 2 knees, an ankle, and a shoulder. Doc doesn't want to replace any of them until I can't cope with the pain. Said I'm too active and they'll wear out and have to be replaced again. Ugh.

Hope you're doing better than I am.

Bama!! You call if you need anything. I'm real close to Vandy!

My wife said I need to replace everything from the neck down.

Some days she says the head needs ta go as well.

What's a pard to do?

I know the feeling, she got mad at me the other day just for breathing.

Hey, a woman's ire is something that can not be defined in any culture.

It just is. So learn to live with it. I am sure that the ladies don't know what to

do with it either. :blush:

We have a real good idea what to do with it.

Archived