SASS Wire Forum

OK, Spring is official

Got the grass cut, rather the hay, looks like hay lying on the ground, and all of the dead fall branches off the fairway. Crocus are up, daffs too, and the peonies are just showing. Even got the Badger juices going.

Life is GOOOOD.

Got the grass cut, rather the hay, looks like hay lying on the ground, and all of the dead fall branches off the fairway. Crocus are up, daffs too, and the peonies are just showing. Even got the Badger juices going.

Life is GOOOOD.

And how is Cap'n Jack?

That crazy dog. He refused to go outside with me when I cut the grass. When I came in he walked out on the deck, looked around and flat out dropped. He likes to lay in the sunshine. He likes the warmth off the boards.

How are things at your Casa?

Yep Dusty, It started snowing this morning here as well. We won't get as much as you have but our flooding has already started and I'd rather have the snow back.

That is what you guys get for living in the banana belt.

Look at the bright side, you won't have to worry about the orange crop.

Yup, it's pretty much official here in West Texas......the mesquites are leafing out. That's USUALLY a sign that the freezes are over. The last ones out are the pecan trees, haven't seen any sign from them yet.

JHC

Robins all over the place, crocius spurting, more sunny days, 50 + degrees all a week BEFORE spring. Tommorow, 35 degrees and we may get a dusting of snow tonight. That's alright "spring is in the air" I can feel it. Thank God ^_^

Got 6" of heavy wet snow today...while dey are callin' fer da Mississippi to flood 20' to 25'.....

seawall whar I work is only 18' 5" high.

Guess I'll be gettin baptised gain !!! ;)

Floodin' here on the muddy Mississippi......The wife's Easter Lillys and Tulips are up and they are callin' fer rain and snow fer the next few days!

:angry:

up and down........and up and down.

I feel like I live on a yoyo! :blink:

It will warm up soon and I'll be naggin' cause it's hot then.

Oh well!

~EE Taft~

Life is GOOOOD.

BMC's you havn't taught Capt. Jack to mow yet? lol

Guest Copper Mart

Crocuses are up in Eastern Washington. Rain is forecast for the foreseeable future, sigh.... Ice is mostly gone from the lakes. Fish weren't bitin' last weekend. Still loading for the Benton City Black Powder shoot in a couple of weeks. My arthritic fingers really dislike chamfering and deburring. Gonna have to invest in a powered unit one of these times. New brass is a real pain (fingers mostly).

Mart...

BMC's you havn't taught Capt. Jack to mow yet? lol

I ain't teaching Captain Jack nuttin'. He is the BOSS. He goes out on warm

sunny days, and lays in the lush grass under the cedar tree and watches me work.

Kinda like a supervisor type thingy. They when I take a break he grabs his stick

and wants to play. I need to find me a 10 year old kid. :mellow:

Crocuses are up in Eastern Washington. Rain is forecast for the foreseeable future, sigh.... Ice is mostly gone from the lakes. Fish weren't bitin' last weekend. Still loading for the Benton City Black Powder shoot in a couple of weeks. My arthritic fingers really dislike chamfering and deburring. Gonna have to invest in a powered unit one of these times. New brass is a real pain (fingers mostly).

Mart...

I know what you are talking about Mart. Where you been fishing? Thinking on hitting the Yak right quick.

Guest Copper Mart

BMC, Coffee Pot Lake. Out by Harrington. Only plus is that cell phones don't work there. :rolleyes: Yaak is too dubious this early.

Mart...

BMC, Coffee Pot Lake. Out by Harrington. Only plus is that cell phones don't work there. :rolleyes: Yaak is too dubious this early.

Mart...

Good advice.

When do they raise the flow for irrigation?

Guest Copper Mart

Good advice.

When do they raise the flow for irrigation?

Are we talkin' about the same Yaak? The one in Montana?

No, I wuz talking about the Yak in Ellensburg to Yakima. It is open year round, but I is just to dang old to stand out there in that cold weather and wet my fly. They draw off the dam up by Easton and use the water for irrigation so I am tolt. I guess that is where we get them great Yakima peaches and 'cots. :rolleyes:

He77, I don't care if I catch any fish or not. It is a special treat just to get over there in cowboy land and look at all the sights. I LOVE EASTERN WASHINGTON! I especially like the Reubens up in Leavenworth. Passes still look like winter, but improving. Might make a run up Rainier and down through White pass.

Archived