SASS Wire Forum

New cameras for sass?

Chili Ron

Howdy,

I just saw a burris shotcam that attaches right to a gun to video

the action from the barrel point of view.

Is anyone using this or any other new cameras?

some of these little bitty cameras attach to hats

or ????

Thanks aheadotime

CR

PS___ pleze include info on cameras being used, prices and such.

Fore oncet I got a income tax return(most times I gotta pay MORE)

and a new camera is possible...

thanks.

I have a friend that videos his practice sessions with a hat mounted camera.

Lawman Mark uses a little camera ya can clip to your hat or shirt. Bout the size of a bic lighter. Marshall TKD was using some of them sunglass camera things at the last shoot. Don't know how it turned out for him but ya can see Lawman Mark's videos on Youtube.

You can see some results here:

Powder Creek Cowboys "Cowboycam"

If the embedded video cuts off, click on any of the text links below the image and that will take you straight to Youtube.

Enjoy!

B) (need to get one of those for my ATV!)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I was at a match at Badlands Bar 3 (T-Bone Dooley's place) where they were using a pair of glasses with a camera embedded in the frame. It gave you a good sense of target presentation from the shooter's perspective, but I would think a video shot from a 3/4 angle behind the shooter would be more instructive with respect to the shooter's performance.

It depends on what you're hoping to gain from watching/evaluating the video. Based on what I've seen from Texas Slim's use, I think the Flip cam mentioned by Jack Houston is an easy, inexpensive way to capture cowboy action shooting on video.

Regards, TJH

I was at a match at Badlands Bar 3 (T-Bone Dooley's place) where they were using a pair of glasses with a camera embedded in the frame. It gave you a good sense of target presentation from the shooter's perspective, but I would think a video shot from a 3/4 angle behind the shooter would be more instructive with respect to the shooter's performance.

It depends on what you're hoping to gain from watching/evaluating the video. Based on what I've seen from Texas Slim's use, I think the Flip cam mentioned by Jack Houston is an easy, inexpensive way to capture cowboy action shooting on video.

Regards, TJH

Yup - Flip cameras are equivalents are great - here are some:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RockfordRegulators

Just got myself a Sony Bloggie which is similar ~ works great :)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Just an FYI, for anyone considering any kind of digital camera, NOW is a good time, and later in the summer may be a real bad time. The reason is parts used to make em will likely dry up as the makers in Japan are gonna be out of business for the time being (along with lots of other stuff).

Howdy I have the Sun Glasstype. It shot very good video. Only hitch in it is that the camera is right between the eyes. So shooting pistols is not a problem. On the rifle and shotgun the camera does not sight down the barrel.

Going to try it Turkey hunting on in April.

Here is a Video of a stage I shot recorded with the IKAM glasses. The ouch was because I got spenders snaped. LOL

http://www.facebook.com/v/198111440207868"

The cameras used to make the Powder Creek Cowboys videos is the Model XTC300 1080p HD Action Camera manufactured by Midland Radio Corp. These are the same cameras Coyote Calhoun was using during Winter Range.

Hat cams and glasses cams and flip cams all sound like interesting

alternatives but

what about shotcams??

Unless I find some real bargans Im only going to be able to get ons.

Thanks

CR

I been thinking about one of the hat mounted cameras to use on hunting trips. Don't know how well they would work at 50 to 100 yards. Probably not enough detail...anyone got any ideas about this?

All the videos from Winter Range 2011 shown on my YouTube site are done with a GoPro Hero 1080P camera mounted on my hat or handheld.

Older ones are made with a Flip-type.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sportster883C?feature=mhum

Hedley, Lou Graham stage 7, what was the background song? I like it!

Well, I am a bit gadgety, myself. They are fun to play with. But, for me, the last thing I'd want at a SASS match is anything high tech. The rustic, get away from it all kind of thing is one of the charms of it, feeling in touch with the old west, freedom from telephone rings, cameras and such. I just want to feel the arms, the dirt under my boots, nature around me, and the idea that people are what you interact with. You know: face to face, like before the internet. It's a respite from a harried life, a re-connection to heritage.

I've taken photos sometimes, and I know it's sometimes part of it. But I do like the thought that we can have a great day without them.

Just my two bits worth,

Aunt Jen

Aunt Jen - you make a valid point. I do have a Flip Ultra HD camcorder gadget and take videos at most matches now. But not nearly as many as I did when I first got it. While I enjoy taking them and I know people enjoy watching them, if I get too caught up in trying to take video of everyone on every stage, it gets in the way of having fun and being part of the posse and doing chores.

Grizz

Aunt Jen,

I suggest you start calling match organizers and have them start

advertising 'No Cameras Allowed' at the matches you attend.

See how folks go along with that.

Best

CR

I have taken quite a few videos with mine now, but I only have one on my utube channel. Its taken with the Midland XTC100. Bought it at fry's for $90. Its about the size of a "D" cell battery. Its simple on/recording - off switch is nice. Uses two AAA bats. I attatched it to my hat band with velcro wire loop strips. I'd like to get it under the brim, so I can still use it in the rain.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMargaritaVillain?feature=mhum#p/u/6/Lp9EMvPPbpo

The song is "Out in the West" from the disc of the same name.

The band called "The Indulgers" from Colorado.

http://www.shamrocker.com/

http://astore.amazon.com/shamrocker-20/detail/B000G7R0BY

Thanks Pard, I appreciate it!

Archived