SASS Wire Forum

any Sweet adelines?

Cheyenne Culpepper 32827

Thot I wud see iffn there were any Sweet Adelines that shoot cowboy.

My wife sings with Spirit of the Gulf chorus in Ft Myers. They came in 6th at this years international competition. she sings baritone, but has sung all four parts in different quartets. She is also the choreographer for "spirit".

Sweet addy has shot about 5 matches, iffn she ever got the "bug" she wud be tuff.

Cheyenne, husband to Sweet Addy, Culpepper

Cheyenne

Naughty Nancey (One Ton's bride) sings with a local group who are working on getting enough members to join the Sweet Adelines........they sound pretty good......

I used to sing with the Color Country Chorus until I switched to night shift at work........miss singin those sweet Barbershop Harmonies........ :blush:

Be well........Wolf

I used to sing barbershop with the New Dixie harmony Brigade in Columbia, SC, and before that with a chorus in Newark Oh (many moons ago)

I now sing with the Sine Nomine Singers of Valdosta (GA).

is the opening piece from of our last concert (I'm the big dude on the far left back row)

Big Boyd

letz try this agin

cc

Oh yea, i kaint harly hold a tune in a bucket

My wife isn't quite good enough for the local SA chapters, and isn't interested anyhow.

I, however, have sung with this little group since 1988.

Wrangler, I am seriously impressed. I have sung with a barbershop chorus, off and on, since the late 90's and was always impressed by the VM and the work it takes to sing at that level.

I get asked to sing all the time....... especially SOLO.........SO LOW they can't hear me......and:

TENOR......TEN OR twelve miles away.....lol.

KK

I get asked to sing all the time....... especially SOLO.........SO LOW they can't hear me......and:

TENOR......TEN OR twelve miles away.....lol.

KK

Dont fergit, "On a hill far away". :lol::excl:

cc ;);)

Wrangler,

I wish I could come to one of those sold out concerts.

Love the singing the VM does! (Hallelujah on the website is fantastic!)

Well, anybody in the DFW area is welcome to come to a show (next ones will be tax weekend, just a few weeks away).

Hey there Cheynne,

This is Painted Rose in Colorado Springs, CO. I have been singing with the Velvet Hills Show Chorus chapter of Sweet Adelines for the past 18 years and it is an addiction for me! I also have been Cowboy shooting with my husband, Windy Ike, for the past three years, and am truly enjoying that hobby too. Tomorrow is our regional competition here in Colo Spgs. Velvet Hills has already earned a slot at the International contest in October in Houston, TX. The last international we conmpeted in in 2009, we placed 5th in the world, and are hoping for a better finish in Houston. So, you can see that we are a fun loving, serious chorus! Therefore, singing and shooting are definitely compatible.

Happy trails, Rose

Rose, Howdy, you and my wife are on "off" years for competition, she may go to Houston with her friends to watch..

Good luck in Houston!

Cheyenne, husband to Sweet, Bev Hoover, addy, Culpepper

We have A family group 4 kids and Mom do vocals and variours insturments and I do the sound and ocassional vocals ...

The youngest boy plays 3 insturments ,,,,,,, the rest play more ....

3 US cowboys have our CD ....

Jabez Cowboy

Archived