SASS Wire Forum

Started a Facebook fan page

Hi Gang,

As some of you know, in real life I'm Mike Beliveau and I write for "Guns of The Old West" magazine.

Recently I started a face book fan page for my writing and I need to get 25 pards to "Like" my page before Facebook will let me set up a URL so I can direct folks right to it.

So, if you are on Facebook, and you read my stuff... and if you like it...I'd appreciate it if you would find my page and like me there.

I have to confess that I'm a complete idiiot about using Facebook, but if you do a Facebook search on "Mike Beliveau" I'll come up with the word "page" under my name.

I have a lot of pictures posted of my article and of guns...there's links to my Youtube shooting videos...lot's of stuff and more going up all the time. So, please stop by.

thanks,

BDM

Will do, look forward to seeing it!

BSD

Update..Mike I searched your name and 50+ people popped up, but nothing that said page underneath.

Alright - I'll check it out!

Thanks!

Like the magazine too!

...and if ya see me - my avatar pic is me, my dog, my hat, and checkered shirt ;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Will do, look forward to seeing it!

BSD

Update..Mike I searched your name and 50+ people popped up, but nothing that said page underneath.

Try:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mike-Beliveau/208243842523622?sk=wall

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Hi Gang,

As some of you know, in real life I'm Mike Beliveau and I write for "Guns of The Old West" magazine.

Recently I started a face book fan page for my writing and I need to get 25 pards to "Like" my page before Facebook will let me set up a URL so I can direct folks right to it.

So, if you are on Facebook, and you read my stuff... and if you like it...I'd appreciate it if you would find my page and like me there.

I have to confess that I'm a complete idiiot about using Facebook, but if you do a Facebook search on "Mike Beliveau" I'll come up with the word "page" under my name.

I have a lot of pictures posted of my article and of guns...there's links to my Youtube shooting videos...lot's of stuff and more going up all the time. So, please stop by.

thanks,

BDM

Okay.. so here is the thing BD Mikes... I have face book and my old boss and workmates are on it.. lol.. I would like to set up my page so I can make it a cowboy page, and dump the work stuff... but I don't know how. so if you can tell me how to dump my stuff i will open it up to cowboys only.. right now working for a bank and guns don't work so well so I keep it seperate.

Thanks everyone. You put me over the top. We now have a URL

Mike Beliveau's Writer page

Also, if you belong to Youtube you might want to take a look at my channel and subscribe to that...lots of shooting there.

Mike's Youtube channel

Deja Vous,

You can set up a page like I did. If you go to help and ask "How do I set up a page?" Facebook will take you through the steps. Then you can load your stuff up and direct people there. You could use your SASS alias as your page name if you wanted to. That way someone searching on your name wouldn't find it.

Sorry...can't help as I don't do the "Social Media" crapolla <_< I spend enough time on this piece of #%@&* as it is. I socialize with all my friends in person, email or on the phone. Can't see any reason to use facebook, twitter and the other assorted stuff like it. ;)

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Mike,

Since most folks don't "like" me... and vicey versey... I didn't know how to approach this.

However... the above not withstandin'... I do enjoy readin' a lot of yore scribblin's in the GOTOW magazine.

So's... gettin' on the Facebook thing... I searched long and hard... but could not find a "barely-tolerate" button.

(heheheehe... just joshin' wi-ya, Michael... I actually quit Facebook last fall. Do wish ya a buncha "luck"!)

ts

For all of you who told me you aren't on Facebook, I totally understand. I am not big on all the social media stuff either. But over the last year several people have convinced me that I needed to boost my presence on the "Interweb"...and I'm trying.

I'm no Luddite, but I am an old dog, and these new tricks don't come easy.

Thanks to everyone who liked the page. I really do appreciate it.

Deja Vous,

You can set up a page like I did. If you go to help and ask "How do I set up a page?" Facebook will take you through the steps. Then you can load your stuff up and direct people there. You could use your SASS alias as your page name if you wanted to. That way someone searching on your name wouldn't find it.

Okay.. my second account.. is dejavous Now what the darn do I do? lol

Archived