SASS Wire Forum

Possibles bag?

Dantankerous

A friend is wanting some kind of period shoulder bag to carry load strips in. I suggested a possibles bag that the muzzle loading fellas use. I found one through Cabela's that looks like it might be large enough. It would need to hold at least 5 load strips and maybe some loose 12 ga shells.

This un.

Anybody ever use one of these? Is it large enough for what I am thinking?

Thanks!

Dan

I bought that exact bag. I hang it on my gun cart for keys, phone earplugs, etc. It would be big enough for loading strips and some SG shells. It seems pretty well constructed.

Hope this helps.

Da Stranger.

I also have that exact bag and have put a powder flask, box of 100 round balls, 100 wads, powder measure, shot gun shells, 45 LC bullets, cleaning rag and a spare powder measure as well as a small funnell. My only complaint is the string unties since it is thick leather., top stays closed though. it has an inner pocket as well as the main one.

The Civil war haversack is a good bet too. I have both, but usually use the cabellas. Get you a credit card with cabellas points and you can buy it for free. I think Sears, Capital One, and Cabelas all 3 have credit cards that earn points with them. Probably more.

That one should work just fine.

If he wants class and has the money...

http://www.blackpowderbags.com/

For me the Cabellas bag looks like a modern machine made ladies hand bag... I have a soft buckskin bag I made myself stitched with sinew and some fringing back in the 60s I am wearing it in the avatar photo to the left... If I wanted one today I sure would go for those nice ones at your link J-Bar

Cheers

Windy

That one should work just fine.

If he wants class and has the money...

http://www.blackpowderbags.com/

OUCH! I see what you mean. These guys are a bit on the costly side of things, but boy what a beautiful product! I would love to have one for the exact purpose as the opener has stated. I think my budget will put me in the Cabela's department for now though. Smithy.

Howdy:

I have the same bag - have had it for several years. It is a little light in the weight of the leather, but it works quite well.

STL Suomi

Guest EL NEGRO GATO #8178

Howdy he can get possibles bags from Crazy Crow Trading, from Don Strinz at www.tipiguy.hotmail.com or have him go to a black powder trade show in his area, I even seen bags at gun shows.

ENG :FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Psst! That's a lady's purse.

Good thing my friend IS a lady. Won't look so outta place then.

:D

Archived