SASS Wire Forum

Supplies to reload shotshells ordered

BUT....sometimes good FUN ain't cheap - good investment says I :lol:

so... 5 lbs FFg Goex, 25 lbs 7 1/2 lead shot, 1000 shotgun primers (Federal), + hazmat and shipping fees....

Hopefully the first shotshell won't go - pffffffffff :D

See y'all on the range on April 2nd in Rockford MI

GG ~ :FlagAm:

BUT....sometimes good FUN ain't cheap - good investment says I :lol:

so... 5 lbs FFg Goex, 5 ibs 7 1/2 lead shot, 1000 shotgun primers (Federal), + hazmat and shipping fees....

Hopefully the first shotshell won't go - pffffffffff :D

See y'all on the range on April 2nd in Rockford MI

Gunner, let me know next time. with the exception of the BP all of that stuff is available at a small shop about 15 min. from your house. I'll take ya there sometime.

Have fun reloading them there shot shells, I know when I started reloading shot shells, I bought 100 lbs of shot, 2,000 wads, primers, powder 5 lbs, and the shot shell press. Was glad when I did it, 2 weeks later went back to the Sportsmans Warehouse and the man that helped me get started on this said come here, he showed me the prices since I bought all of this, WOW, prices went up and a few weeks later went up again and then later again, have come down alot since then, but glad I bought when I did, my reloads figure in around $4.00 a box now, I had been saving my shells so I didn't have to buy any of them. Oh by the way, I bought a Mec sizemaster which works just fine for me, that price also went up quite a bit since I bought it. Guess I got lucky when I bought everything then, it still is a good deal to reload shotshells and glad I did when I did.

Enjoy Gunner

All for now JD Trampas

GG, ain't that the truth. I've got a Lee Load All, but that's the least expensive piece of the puzzle. I priced out powder, shot, primers, wads (at least wads are cheap) and decided I'd wait a bit before I started loading shotshells. The cost savings per box isn't enough to justify the big cash outlay for supplies, at least not now, not for me. YMMV.

Then again I shoot smokeless so I have more options.

Grizz

$4 per box sounds good to me. I just paid $85 for a case of Featherlites, plus shipping! I couldn't find anyplace local that had it in stock. I figure that I need the hulls anyways so that I can start reloading so I don't mind that much. It will be the last time that I buy them though. I plan to be set up to reload shotshells by the time the case runs out.

Gunner, let me know next time. with the exception of the BP all of that stuff is available at a small shop about 15 min. from your house. I'll take ya there sometime.

OYE!!! oh well...heck Deuce, I sure will next time...

Thanks for all your help too lately - you, Ketchum Quick, Hoot Hamilton, Crazy Mingo have been incredibly helpful ;)

The 'dummy' shotshells you made for me have been working great - definately getting better at my schucking and reloading.

GG:

Money well spent.

Nothing quite as cool as the flame & smoke plume of a BP shotshell.

After that, you won't wanna go back to shooting smokeless shells!

And yer grin will be from ear-to-ear :P

--Dawg

GG:

Money well spent.

Nothing quite as cool as the flame & smoke plume of a BP shotshell.

After that, you won't wanna go back to shooting smokeless shells!

And yer grin will be from ear-to-ear :P

--Dawg

Yessir - had that flavorful BP taste and like you say - will NEVER go back :)

Get up an order with your pards. That $25 haz mat fee goes way down proportionally when you buy 25 or so thousand primers instead of a single brick. Same with powder.

Get up an order with your pards. That $25 haz mat fee goes way down proportionally when you buy 25 or so thousand primers instead of a single brick. Same with powder.

Hmmmm - collective bargaining :lol:

Thanks LawMan Mark - that will be the next move for sure ;)

Heee Haaa Gunner.. Ya got to talk to us boy.. :o I could have loan ya some powder.. I'll be buying a case in may so ya need to let me Know.. :D

Heee Haaa Crazy (whoes always got powder)Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

5 lbs of shot? That ain't but 80 rounds of ammo! :rolleyes:

Huh :blink: , I'm only getting about 53 rounds of ammo out of 5 lbs of shot. :D

5 lbs of shot? That ain't but 80 rounds of ammo!

I get about 71 rounds out of five pounds of shot. I wonder if that was a typo. Who sells shot in five pound bags? I have always bought it in 25 pound bags.

Glad I ain't your shoulder. ;)

Well, partly because I ain't exactly svelte and partly because the damn shotgun weighs about 11 pounds all I get is a giant shove instead of the punch or slap of smokeless.

Besides I find it relaxing, it's hard for the muscles in your body to remain tense when you have just pulled both triggers at once and sent 3oz of shot downrange. :wacko::D

You should buy from your local gun dealer as often as possible. Support your family so to speak. When I couldn't get my supplies local I got my primers at a gunshow. I would get powder in bulk (my last purchase was for 8lb of Clays and 8lb of Unique and the cost was right at $200 with free shipping.

I also got shot at conniescomponents (also free shipping) or at Phillips in West Covina. Wads I usually get at Midway when I am ordering something else...

My FeatherLite Clone still is only costing me about $3.75 per box. and I got a couple of boxes of factory FeatherLites a few days at $8.99 per box. So that savings is pretty substantial I think.

I just ran a check and I am getting about 3300 loads outa 8lb of powder

besides it is really fun to sit there and roll yer own....and pocket the other $5 per box.

And I still am rollin em out on a LeeLoadAll...

good shootin

curley

ps:

Driftwood, to answer yer question who sells in five lb lots, you can get em at Midway and Cabellas in them sizes, altho it ain't the cheapest way to go..

I get about 71 rounds out of five pounds of shot. I wonder if that was a typo. Who sells shot in five pound bags? I have always bought it in 25 pound bags.

Last sale I was at had some old 5# bags of #8. $2.00/bag, I used it! Had not seen it before that either.

CR

Heee Haaa Gunner.. Ya got to talk to us boy.. :o I could have loan ya some powder.. I'll be buying a case in may so ya need to let me Know.. :D

Heee Haaa Crazy (whoes always got powder)Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

Thanks Crazy A-Mingo :)

Yes - it is actually #25 lbs - my goof!

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=184787

I know that I will get ribbed on how much I paid for my stuff, but I just wanted to get the ball rolling - so I just consider it an expedite fee :D

Thanks for sharing in my enthusiasm pards!!

Gunner,

You are allready in the West Michigan Friends And Family program, you just need to let us know when you are trying on something new. Take advantage of us that are more than willing to help out! There is a distributer in Otsego area that sell shotshell components very reasonable and I know that you are on the road alot, I wouldn't be suprised if you go by there on 131 at least once a month???

KQ

For those of you that want to figure out what your cost per round/box try this little cost calculator:

http://www.trapshoot.../reloadcalc.htm

curley

Well...not too bad - I came in at $6.50 per BP box - compared to $25 per store bought BP box. So what may seem expensive (and it may be in the relaoding scheme of things) I saved somethin'. B)

Gunner,

You are allready in the West Michigan Friends And Family program, you just need to let us know when you are trying on something new. Take advantage of us that are more than willing to help out! There is a distributer in Otsego area that sell shotshell components very reasonable and I know that you are on the road alot, I wouldn't be suprised if you go by there on 131 at least once a month???

KQ

Right on pard - that makes my day :D

Archived