SASS Wire Forum

Marlin Rifles on Gunbroker

I'm starting to see some new Marlin rifles showing up on Gunbroker!

Strangely enough they are non-cateloged models 41MAG and 32-20's with 20 inch octagon barrels that will work nicely for CAS.

Some even have rosewood and pistol grip stocks! (one with a crescent butt plate)

None of this stuff appears on the website though.

Take a look. Maybe the drought is over? :)

While those may be NIB guns they are not recently produced. There is a buzz going around that Marlins lever gun production is gonna be slim to none. The best you are probably gonna see out of them is the carbine configuration in .357,.45colt,and .44mag. And they will be available at big box stores like Cabelas, Bass Pro, etc. As a result the price of Marlins will continue to go up as they have the last couple of years.

If you start shooting 32-20 folks are going to mistake you for Crackshot Bev. Hmm, a 41Mag lever carbine might be about perfect for bambi in the woods up here, plus I keep finding brass for it and other calibers I dont have anymore.

I just noticed that their all coming out of the same shop in Kentucky,

He has some 24 inch barreled 45s too.

I'm kind of partial to the rosewood pistol gripped 41mag with 20 inch barrel and crescent butt. :wub::)

Rusty Marlin

Spur

Long Hunter

Widowmaker Hill (not sure)

and probably many others

Shenny

At a recent local gunshow there was a table that had 5 NIB's Marlin .357's. Not the Cowboy model, but a good price at $519.99 each! I wish I had seen that table. A buddy bought one from him and told me about it after the show. :blink:

Oh well, I'd rather have a new 1866, but at that price...

not to hijack a thread but I have been asked for the names of gunsmiths who do a good job tuning a Marlin. Any suggestions?

this thread ran a week ago....or so

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=165884

KQ tuned my .38 and is working on my .45 as we speak.

hOOt

There was a thread over at Marlins owners forum, don't think I want a new marlin from the new owners, Remlin, very poor condition, cross threaded screws, scratches, etc etc, their quailty control must be nix, can't believe they let something like that out the door. Now I can see why the prices of marlins has sky rocketed so much for the older ones that were built by Marlin. Marlin should have never sold and from what I have heard none of the old help went with the relocation, have heard they hired a bunch of young people to build them, now this is just what I have heard. But personally I will stay with the older versions until Marlin gets there act together.

As for this guy that got a new one, he hasn't posted what he did, everyone said to send it back, as of today he hasn't posted what he has did.

All for now JD Trampas

Just looked at a brand new 1894c that a new shooter got on sale at Cabelas. Terrible fit and finish. Buttstock had a divot in the wrist right from the factory. Was not impressed and dissapointed to see that a gun like that past muster to leave the factory. And the action was pretty much unshootable.

I worked on one of the new ones, it looked like they dropped it on the butt plate at the factory then used some kind of epoxy to cover it up. The finish looked horrible, the dealer I was helping refinished the stock and put a recoil pad on it just so he wouldn't be ashamed to sell it.

Randy

Archived