SASS Wire Forum

Buckaroo Wild Bunch?

Redbank SASS # 69108!

Well a 97 with featherlites should be no problem for a buckaroo especially if you cut the butt stock to fit.

I for one would not say a thing if a buckaroo showed up with a 410 pump. Or a 20. Let 'em shoot I say.

I proposed Wild Bunch Lite for youths and recoil sensitive ladies over on the WB wire. Got hoo-rahed purdy bad but I do not see what would be the problem letting 22 cal 1911s play the new game. Be more inclusive. Let 'em try it with the 22 and someday they will graduate to the 45.

clearing a jambed 1911 can be a real-mans job sometimes

jest tellin the truth

something to think about

you dont jest hand em off, like in CAS

If'n kid has been trained and knows his/her stuff...sounds cool to me.

Plus, it just might get 'em interested in other shooting disciplines...

something to think about ;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

If'n kid has been trained and knows his/her stuff...sounds cool to me.

Plus, it just might get 'em interested in other shooting disciplines...

something to think about ;)

hay

I agree with ya

I just know that a 1911 can be very challenging to clear of jambs some times

thats all I was sayin

I did not even think about the 22 coversions for a 1911

they probably dont get all bunched up, like the big bores

My Son Capitan Regulator sass# 84262 (NM State Champ Buckaroo 2010 & 2011) has been shooting Wild Bunch for over a year now (He's 11)Uses Kimber 1911 .45 '73' & 97.

If a kid is big enough physically to handle a 1911's grip (not gonna work with a 7 yr old, etc), and ya use either a .22 or a .45 with a real light spring and light loads, I say heck yeah, anything that gets em shooting.

Ya might could even make an exception to the 1911 rules and letthe buckaroo use ANY full sized .22 pistol, such as the Ruger 22/45, Browning Buckmark, or S&W 22A or 41. That way dad might already have an appropriate gun????

hay

I agree with ya

I just know that a 1911 can be very challenging to clear of jambs some times

thats all I was sayin

I did not even think about the 22 coversions for a 1911

they probably dont get all bunched up, like the big bores

I understand - but your first post seemed a little negative on the issue - that's all I was sayin' ;)

Get him one of those little Chiappa 22's that look like a 1911.

He (I) picked him up one of the GSG 1911-22's at a show this weekend. He had been saving for a Ruger, but a cowboy let him shoot one of the GSG's last week and he was hooked! :wub:

We've got a Winchester 9422 and a 97 (C model though and heavy!)

We were just talking about if there is a competition he could shoot with it and I thought of Wild Bunch.

Redbank

I understand - but your first post seemed a little negative on the issue - that's all I was sayin' ;)

that was not my intent

but I have seen adults really fight with 1911's on the firing line under the clock

and I have green broke a few kids into CAS

just want folks to understand what they may be expecting in a youngster sum times

I am glad you said something :D

If a kid is big enough physically to handle a 1911's grip (not gonna work with a 7 yr old, etc), and ya use either a .22 or a .45 with a real light spring and light loads, I say heck yeah, anything that gets em shooting.

Ya might could even make an exception to the 1911 rules and letthe buckaroo use ANY full sized .22 pistol, such as the Ruger 22/45, Browning Buckmark, or S&W 22A or 41. That way dad might already have an appropriate gun????

Preach it brother!! And Amen!

Archived