SASS Wire Forum

OT - Bully gets slammed

Subdeacon Joe

Because of the 'zero tolerance for fighting' rule at the school, both kids got suspended for four days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2Ze6NcOzZQ

How they can call what the young man did to defend himself fighting, I have no idea. And apparently he has been the victim of this kind of thing for years. I say "Good for him!." Even one of the, um, ladies on The View supported what Casey did.

.... nasty little weed ...

That happened up in your part of the world, Jack. I guess that video went viral, Casey has been interviewed by several news shows. He is even now a video game character.

Interesting how strong the support for the kid is. Apparently in the hundreds of thousands of comments left on the various iterations of this found online very few don't support him.

Not the smartest thing for the little guy to provoke the bigger guy.

Looks like he may have suffered from some brain disorder. Of course

he is not the first teenager to get his block chopped from doing something

stupid, and won't be the last, I am certain.

I saw that on another forum. The big kid took a few hits before reacting, but once he did.... WOW! I have never seen someone thrown to the ground with that kind of authority. I have a feeling when that kid's friends asked him if he was OK, he responded "Thursday." However, you need to take what you get when you poke the bear.

I have never seen someone thrown to the ground with that kind of authority.

I have. Once. NFL playoff in the late 60s I think. Massive defensive end picked up the runner and drove him headfirst into the ground. Once smooth motion. It was a thing of beauty.

Some of our local talking heads got involved in a discussion on how terrible a thing this was, and how the big kid may have 'over-reacted' a little. Are you kidding me? I'm glad that this kid is considered a hero of sorts. Now, maybe this 'roll over and play dead' mentality that is shoved down kid's throats today can be tempered with believing that they can stand up for themselves when they're right and not be intimidated by nit-wits.

Rant over. Deap breath - wheeew.....

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

I didn't know kids could bounce like that...

Seems like... if that big kid wanted to... with just a lil' more slap-action... he maybe coulda dribbled that little kid on down the sidewalk aways.

Anyways... the lil' kid got his comin's-up.

ts

I didn't know kids could bounce like that...

Seems like... if that big kid wanted to... with just a lil' more slap-action... he maybe coulda dribbled that little kid on down the sidewalk aways.

Anyways... the lil' kid got his comin's-up.

ts

There was an overweight kid in the school band with me in Jr High who we called"Tank". He was a real quiet, funny Jewish kid who wouldn't hurt a fly.

One of the drummers, a notorious school bully, started picking on him one day after band practice. Tank didn't do anything till the kid squared off and popped him in the nose. Then, with a powerful blow from a fat right hand he sent the kid across the room and into la la land, knocking over a snare drum and a Sousaphone.

Be careful,about picking on fat guys. It takes a lot of muscle to haul that big body around.

There were no repercussions. The bully wisely avoided being in the vicinity of Tank after that.

Big boy was probably told all of his young life to keep his hands to himself and to not fight or start fights. In our politicaly correct world the big guy is usually perceived as the bigger threat and often seen as the likely bully. I took a lot of crap in school and growing up because if I knocked the whatever out of some _______ who really deserved it, I'd wind up takin' a whoopin' for "picking on that smaller _______". Sometimes two, 'cause if I got my tail busted at school I got another whoopin' when my old man found out, no questions asked. The sixties were the beginning of P.C. My first couple of years in the upper grades, if you got caught fighting, you were taken to the gym and fitted with a set of gloves then you and your opponent were allowed to settle your differences. In the later years of high school this practice was prohibited. Both participants were dismissed for a few days and nothing was settled.

Because we don't let our kids settle their own issues within reason and try to "make nice" in too many situations these days, our society has become more neurotic and less able to deal with daily living. Politicaly Correct is only political and not correct.

:rolleyes::lol::lol: You used to be able to tell someone to kiss your aQQ so long as you were polite. :lol::lol:

An interview with the victim. He took, by his count, at least five hits. He says that he "snapped." Garbage. He didn't snap. He got fed up with the idiots. From his account in the interview, there is no way the teachers, and likely school admin, didn't know what was going on.

In jr. high my step-daughter was picked on a lot. School did nothing. One kid "accidentally" kicked her in the head while he was showing off his martial arts moves to his friends. We had complained to the school about things before, but nothing had been done. The day after she got kicked, I went to the school, told one of the vice principals that it was obvious that the school could do nothing about it, so I was going to tell her the next time anyone hit, punched, pushed, or kicked her, to put the kid on the ground, do a kick to the knee to collapse it, kick the kid in the stomach and the face to make sure he stays down. And would have CPS, the local cops, the Sheriff, and anyone else I could think of there at the school for child endangerment and abuse.

Funny thing...after that no one picked on her anymore.

Growing up in the 1940's and '50s, playground fights were common. I went to a Catholic school and the Nuns there were very good at dealing with fights. More than one kid showed up with a black eye or a missing tooth.

That said, the best case of bully I ever witnessed, was a kid that was always promoting a fight between bigger

boys. He ran to the small side and would tell one guy that the other guy was "gunning" for him then tell the other guy to watch out for the first guy, who was "out to get him." This worked for a while and several fights broke out much to his joy. One day he picked the wrong two. They came together to stage a fight and then turned on him and they both beat the s*&t out of him. He had a very decided change of attitude about "promoting" fisticuffs after that. :lol:

That brought back alot of memories from my youth, I was never big enough to be a bully and never started fights but I sure as heck ended quite a few.

I had two older brothers and learned to defend myself rather proficiently, I was never scared of anything and never thought of consequences, times were a little different then and many of the things I did could have easily landed me in big trouble. I sent several to the hospital, but as I stated I never started the fight just finished them with authority!!!

Doc

The sad part is that even if you’re the picked on, you can be suspended for ‘fighting’ even if you don’t fight back at all. A co-worker of mine used to be a teacher and he told me that was how it worked where he’d been. It’s well that I never had kids because I’d have gone berserk if any kid of mine had THAT happen to them.

I totally accept he ‘snapped’ as the exact same happened to me in high school. I was a small, frail, weak (nobody who knew me from school would ever recognize me today) and easily intimidated kid up to high school and got picked on a lot and I just let it happen. One day in High School, I also snapped. I won’t go into the details as to what led up to it, but this kid was giving me crap for the better part of an hour, slapping me in the back of my head, calling me names, and I swear I watched myself leap out of the desk and proceed to beat this kid for all I was worth. I messed him up good, but didn’t break any bones. Bloodied his nose something awful. Took three football players in the class to peel me off of him. When I came to my senses I realized I had beat him with a large stick that was being used to prop open a window. Rodney King didn’t get beat like this kid did. The funny part was it being the south in the 80s, I was hauled to the office and when several kids explained what had led up to it, I was told just to never do that again and that was that. That kid threatened to get even once, but I overheard someone else telling him, “Are you nuts? He’s out of his mind, he’d probably beat you to death with that stick if you tried that again!” I can tell you from that day on, NOBODY messed with me because they thought I was nuts and would throw the ‘rules’ out the window. Afterward, I could have kicked myself for all the grief I tolerated for all those years and all I needed to do was to throw down really hard just the one time (funny how that almost sounds like what you hear about prison, isn’t it?). Man how I wish I could go back and explain these things to my 12-year-old self…

I can't stand bullies. I've been on the receiving end enough times to know there is no excuse for it.

=======================================================

I've been there myself. My problem finally ended in 6th grade when I went off on one of them and fought him, but he and the rest of them left me alone after that.

The last of that sorry group passed away last year. None of them ever amounted to much, and most had troubles with the law at some point. They're all gone, but I'm still here!

My niece went through it last year (5th grade) but her bully was a girl that was much bigger than everybody else. After 3 visits to the ER for broken bones (pushed down once and fell on her wrist and broke it, and the bully stomped the side of her ankle TWICE in 1 week, the first one did ligament damage and the second time broke bones) my niece finally had enough and did what I and many other adults suggested.

She climbed up on the sorry heifer, commenced to whoopin' her and didn't stop until she was pulled off. From what I understand, she had the bully pinned in a corner balled up in a fetal position by the time the teachers (it was in PE and, yes, it took 2 adults to get her off) got around to stopping it. The PE coaches (I won't demean teachers by including them in their ranks) FINALLY decided to do something and were planning to punish my niece for standing up for herself until my sister had a one on one 'Come to Jesus' type meeting with them and the principal. She took he punishment (she's an A student and all the teachers let her make up the work because they knew what was really going on) and go a new Wii game and a visit to her favorite Mexican restaurant out of the deal.

Just like the little bully in the video, her bully's Momma came to school raising Cain about the chipped permanent tooth that Shianne gave her and giving excuses for her bad behavior (ADD/ADHD, parent's divorcing, she has 'behavioral problems', ....). The principal, who'd been fielding all the grief that my sister was giving them every time she had to pick Shianne up because of the injuries being inflicted on her by the bully, put a stop to it when he pulled out the documentation that my sister had insisted he write up about her complaints.

Oh, a lot of folks are gonna mention the 'Anti-Bullying' laws that many states have passed. I did some research and found Alabama's and it's next to useless. The formal complaint has to be written by the child if they are old enough to do so, there's interviews (multiple) with the child that is being bullied and is pretty much set up so that it will be a tedious, and drawn out procedure that looks to me like it's gonna do nothing to solve the problem.

I, too, was bullied pretty badly during school. It wasn't until 6th, 7th, and 8th grades that I started standing up for myself and it finally stopped. The last bully I had to face down was in 8th grade. Since he was both bigger and faster than me, he'd start his crap with me and run off. Since I can't run fast (a surgery I had on one leg when I was 5 did in any fleetness of foot I may have had), I couldn't catch him. So, I waited until we were in the locker room after PE changing into our street clothes. He had one leg in his pants when I told him he was gonna leave me alone and hit him square in the mouth. He was trying to impress everybody, so he was hitting me in the head. I, on the other hand, was trying to impress HIM, so I was hitting him in the ribs as hard as I could. When the PE coach heard what was going on and broke us up, I had a bloody nose but his ribs were sore for a week and he never messed with me again.

Archived