This being America (still), folks don't have to show a need,

but just enjoy it cause they WANT one.

They are sellin' like ranch pancakes ah hears :lol:

Remember mah friend,

Jest cause you or I see no 'need' for one,

This being America (still), folks don't have to show a need,

but just enjoy it cause they WANT one.

They are sellin' like ranch pancakes ah hears :lol:

I iz just the messenger, Hal. What ever slaps yer leather, I always say.

Had my hands on one a week ago. Pretty neat, a bit stiff, but looked well made. Didn't get to shoot it, and knowing the guy who bought it...it'll never be shot until he's dead and someone else gets it. He'll hang it on the wall and admire it from across the room.

Had my hands on one a week ago. Pretty neat, a bit stiff, but looked well made. Didn't get to shoot it, and knowing the guy who bought it...it'll never be shot until he's dead and someone else gets it. He'll hang it on the wall and admire it from across the room.

Ah! So THAT'S what they're good for! I did wonder. :lol:

Warhorse

Hmmm... Since it is considered a pistol, if the magazine could be plugged to limit it to 3 round capacity, I would assume it could be used for deer in Ohio, where you are limited to shotgun, blackpowder or handgun (with barrel longer than 5"). I would assume the longer barrel would mean higher velocity and possibly better accuracy. Not sure how many, if any would get used for that, but it is a thought.

.45 Colt/.410 combo would seem to also make a reasonable home defense firearm.

Otherwise, I suppose it is good for those people who like things that are "cool."

Hmmm... Since it is considered a pistol, if the magazine could be plugged to limit it to 3 round capacity, I would assume it could be used for deer in Ohio, where you are limited to shotgun, blackpowder or handgun (with barrel longer than 5"). I would assume the longer barrel would mean higher velocity and possibly better accuracy. Not sure how many, if any would get used for that, but it is a thought.

.45 Colt/.410 combo would seem to also make a reasonable home defense firearm.

Otherwise, I suppose it is good for those people who like things that are "cool."

An assumption I'd make as well...:D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Odd thing about this model. There must be a market for it, or it would not be on the pages of American Rifleman Magazine.

People's taste and needs in firearms is so different. I watch where someone will make a statement about this firearm or that, and I think, "I wouldn't care for that." Or I might say, "Hey, that is neat, I want one too."

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder, I guess.

Since I wount get mu magazine till the postman is done reading it, would some one post a picture, I'd sure like to see what ya all are aw talkin bout...

Looks like the Ranch Hand is made like a cut down 92, while the Trail Judge (45lc/.410) looks like it's made on the Marlin design. It's a side ejector. The Ranch Hand says it holds 6 .45lc, so the Trail Judge probably only holds 3 3" .410. I'm sure many deer have been taken with .410 slugs, but I think I'd rather have a longer barrel if they were going to be more tham about 30 yds.

Archived