SASS Wire Forum

Super Moon Gravitational Effects on Lead Projectiles

Colonel Dan, SASS #24025

This past weekend, a major event unfolded that impacted the lives of countless loyal SASS shooters. The referenced event, commonly referred to as Super Moon, is when our moon reaches the most extreme perigee of its elliptical orbit around the Earth. Simply put, the moon was closer to our planet this weekend than it has been in the last 60 years. This period of celestial wonderment for astronomical observers, although a lunar masterpiece not seen in decades, presented shooters with severe challenges and created unsuspected abnormalities on cowboy action ranges worldwide.

Our crackpot SBSS staff discovered this phenomenon when pulsating gravitational spikes were detected by our tremendously inexpensive monitoring devices at SBSS HQs Florida and the Not so Secret Laboratory of Bakersfield CA.

The first evidence of such a gravitational disturbance was noted when Hawkeye Gin, a clean shooter of true renown throughout the Florida frontier saw one of her bullets deflected wildly from its trajectory toward her intended target by some strange outside force on the first stage of the day!!! A true phenomenon in and of itself with no apparent cause behind that unnatural occurrence! A second observance was detected when SBSS#1 had a bullet suddenly take a radical 45 degree upward deviation in its path on Stage 2.

The final and concluding piece of evidence that some unnatural and unfamiliar force was affecting our bullets was when Dominator whose aim was unwaveringly true on Day 1 had a bullet deflected in similar fashion on Day 2. This was then followed by his Dad,Santa Fe River Stan, the reigning Florida State Champion for the third time and the eventual overall match winner for the Ides of March, shortly thereafter had a bullet radically deviate from its path at the last nano second prior to target impact! That did it. There was something amiss in the astronomical environment.

I immediately put Professor Cubby Bear on alert. We conducted the necessary research and discovered the following: At the precise time the Ides of March annual match was being shot, the Super Moon entered its most extreme perigeeic period causing pulsating gravitational anomalies resulting in abnormal and extreme trajectorial deviations in lead projectiles! These pulsating spikes in the gravitational pull of the moon at this precise time caused said projectiles to be radically pulled upward in route to their intended target. There was no question about it.

A review of the plotted projectile path by our one-of-a-kind SBSS Ballistic Sensing equipment, or as we affectionately call it, our BS machine, shows numerous radical 45 degree shifts in the flight path of lead projectiles irrespective of caliber, barrel length, bullet weight or muzzle velocity!

All on our posse but Beck a Boo and Gun Dawg were affected by this devastating force. Upon in depth investigation, we found that because Beck a Boo was the smallest young shooter on our posse, her guns were lowest to the ground at the time of projectile discharge. The unnatural gravitational pull on her bullets was therefore minimized. In Gun Dawg's case, it was concluded that because his aim is routinely low anyway, the gravitational spikes served to actually pull his bullets ONTO the target!!!

Conclusion: For all those shooters so affected this past weekend, take solace in the fact that it wasn’t your fault and in this particular instance, it wasn’t a result of your failure to cull out Stealth Bullets from your ammunition. It was in fact, the Super Moon “what done you in.” Fortunately for us, this devastating abnormality may not recur for another 60 years!! Therefore be sure to mark you calendars now---If at all possible, avoid firing lead projectiles during the third weekend of March in the year 2071.

Yet another valued contribution to the world of Cowboy Action Shooting brought to you by the diligent research conducted and presented by esteemed members of the Stealth Bullet Shooting Society. :D

Howdy Col. Dan,

Hopefully the mad Prof. Cubby Bear stayed in his not so secret underground laboratory and performed tests that will help all of us troopers in sixty years use counteracting measures to defeat this super moon gravitational pull. I say that due to Bakersfield was blown off the map this weekend. Go ahead. Take a look at your map and it will be missing. Snow had blocked our path out of here in at least two directions and we ourselves were required to veer 45-90 degrees to the left and go west to actually want to go south. A phenom that strangely has something to do with the CHP and their fear of a few snowflakes and a tad of ice on the routes most commonly known as The Grapevine and Tehachapi. Well, known is it that CHP would rather munch donuts at lower elevations than write accident reports in the cold and wet.

I guess sir, that what I am saying is, it would have been nice to actually see the super moon through the wind and rain, but a glimpse was seen on TV of said moon rising in more serene locales. What is known as the March Meet a phenomena of it's own strange proportions, an event that super fills every motel room in Bakersfield and makes for long waits at all the eateries, except Checkers, who only had three customers this past weekend, but that still set a new high for the establishment. Strange folks that invaded Bakersfield had to cancel activities at their meet in Famoso. Something about shooting down a 1/4 mile strip of asphalt, belching fire and smoke. Not unlike our BP posses,(they make us look pretty stable). Normally these folks wear T shirts with a myriad of advertising and silly stuff on them, but do to the weather the T shirts, tats and cleavage were covered in rain gear. Making the past weekend just another boring one in Bakersfield, affectionately known to Bakersfieldians as just Bake.

Thank you sir for explaining what the gravitational tugging on objects did to mess things up. Here is hoping the upcoming weekend will have everything back to normal. What ever that is.

:)

Now, if we can only prove that the effects of the moon had something to do with my ability to count to 10. Hmmm.

The effects of the moon on the mind and body are well documented.

Think Lunatics and Werewolves.

It's not yore fault. :unsure:

Saturday night, outside our Motel, there were several people that commented about how close and bright the moon was. I turned to BlueJeans and mentioned that it maybe a possibility why I had shot clean so far, and finished clean the next day. I did check all the ammo before coming to match to make sure they were all neutral in way of having any force field around them. MT

Col.

Wigley Here, I believe you are almost on the right path. But as the Lead Scout I was able to monitor numerous shooters having the same lunar problem. But less we forget the after math of the Japan earth quake.

Now the Island itself slid eight feet if my calculations are correct. This threw the earth’s axis off ¼ inch. Now if we take the two facts and account for the trajectory of those bullets and could re-set the earths axis back ¼ inch and the extensive weight of the Japanese Island causing the opposite side of the world for us here in Florida to actually be pulled back words. A shooter would be shooting high and ¼ to the left.

So picture if you will: A shooter standing 8 to 10 feet in front of a target. His or her gun aimed directly at the target dead center. The opposite side of the world shifts 8 feet and turns ¼ inch to the left. You would miss the target by 4 inches high and ¼ inch to the left.

How could this happen you ask? Well here’s my point…I’m going to use Dam I Missed Formula

(Distance of Target)_2+∑_(Japan Shift=8^')x(∞/direction of shift)-(a_n(Size of Target)x(Aim Point of Gun)/(total weight of land mass=L)〗+〖1/4 inch axis shift〗_n sin⁡〖(Male/Female)/(Shooters Age)〗)=4”Hi x1/4’Left You Miss -_-

This was Wigley

Marshal Troop, you could be on to something here that could actually get you a promotion of magnitudal porportions.

Degauss your ammo. Neutral effect. Simple and most clever. I think you are onto something here. More study needs to be done of course, and some healthy discussion over beverages that are for adults and snacks that are not good for you are in order. Then further testing by Colonel Dan hisself and if he starts up with a string of clean shoots once again. You will be on the promotion list for sure.

:D

I think it also had an effect on the scorekeepers pencil, looking over the scores a stage I shot decent and clean wound up with a time twice what I figured it should have been...

and I know those two shotgun targets that jumped out of the way so I had to shoot them twice didn't add that much time...

Well, that definitely splains what happened, now I feel better! Whew, what a relief, thought it was my eyes or worse.

Sure glad I didn't test the Stealth Bullet last weekend. I might have kilt someone from the radical turns caused by gravity and the shift of the earth's axis. March On Col Dan, keep us informed,we are right there with you, shoulder to shoulder.

I did see some of the Shooters affected by this moom thing they also couldnt count. We had one under acchiever and several over achievers on the counting side.

What ya recon it means if ya shoot a clean match with the moon being all wacked out and Japan not being where it was and all that other stuff in Wigleys formula?

Col. Dan

Now I am getting somewhere. My next theorem I had, well its of a major concern to all Cowboy Shooters because of the material we use for our bullets, and our bodies produce moisture to cool our bodies.

We know that the three of four reactors in Japan are or have leaked some of their radioactive steam into the atmosphere. And that some of this steam has made its way to the US. But no one is telling us how far. So with that in mind I have re-created the same exact shooting conditions that you were under while shooting the Ideas of March on Saturday, March 19th, 2011.

Now bare with me because this is going to get very sophisticated, or really weird, and I mean out there!

The model I have re-created in my back yard is exactly what you experienced. I went to great detail and only went over budget by One Trillion dollars, which should only be a drop in the bucket if I get my Science Project governmentally funded. Im sure they can just print me some more money.

By applying the same temperatures, wind velocity, humidity, type of gun powder, exactly the same type of bullets you use, and lets not forget your primers. I now had the stage set. I was able to raise my body temperature to exactly the same that your's would have been in that same time of the day and stress factor. After years spent in the orient as Rigry, I am capable of altering my heart rate to the same exact beat as yours. It was if I were standing in your shoes, seeing through your glasses, and hearing what you would have heard.

But time after time my experiment results were negative. Could you have just missed the target? No, not my Col!

So on and on I pushed my body and mind. Drink after drink….I mean ah…never mind about that!

So finally I had to ask myself two questions:

Question One: So where do cowboys carry their bullets?

Answer: Thats right, on our gun belts. Worn around our hips!

Question Two: When we sweat where does it go?

Answer: Some of it runs down our backside.

Now my mind was racing like the Indy 500. Around and around my mind went, until it dawned on me.

Yes, could it be! Did the fallout from Japans reactors have something to do with Col Dans miss?

Yes, yes it could…So what do we put around reactor cores to keep the radiation from leaking out and melting down? Thats right we use lead to encase the reactors and we submerge the radioactive rods into water to keep them cool.

Could the fallout have already made its way across the US? If so then could have Col Dans bullet have become contaminated by the moisture in the air? Now some lead can take on a magnetic field around it as I have learned from watching Super Man. And that magnetic field would have wanted to return to its a natural state. So how could it do that? By cooling its self. So, by magnetizing my bullets and performing one more test.

Col. I need for you to ask Miss Marry to see if you have shot yourself in the ass! :lol:

Wigley

This past weekend, a major event unfolded that impacted the lives of countless loyal SASS shooters. The referenced event, commonly referred to as Super Moon, is when our moon reaches the most extreme perigee of its elliptical orbit around the Earth. Simply put, the moon was closer to our planet this weekend than it has been in the last 60 years. This period of celestial wonderment for astronomical observers, although a lunar masterpiece not seen in decades, presented shooters with severe challenges and created unsuspected abnormalities on cowboy action ranges worldwide.

It was as I expected, and a brilliant summary.

Aunt Jen

A corollary to the bullet phenomenon occured at the gun show this weekend(snow too deep for range access yet). Money would not come out of pockets. Seemed to be transmogrified into "Unobtanium". :ph34r:

Alternate Theory: Increased radiation level in atmosphere may have made low grade, newly printed U. S. currency disappear. :blink:

Those of us with heads of cheese always spend it faster than we get it to stimulate the economy, dontcha know. :excl:

Must be that Moon thing :wacko: that kept the 1890 Remmie Outlaw; that was so beautiful and reasonably priced; from selling. :lol:

Archived