SASS Wire Forum

Ah...Hollywood

Long Branch Louie

I was watching "Faster" last night, it stars The Rock as a guy getting out of prison and seeking revenge. In the very beginning he has a great 1970 chevelle waiting for him and what looks to be a .44 revolver. He pulls out the double action revolver, flips out the cylinder, and Hollywood supplies a nice loud ratcheting sound as he spins the cylinder. Now of course, Hollywood might have a new style revolver that has a cylinder hand mechanism outside of te frame that will make that noise as you spin the swung out cylinder... :lol:

.... did he squeal the tyres on the gravel road too ?

As a matter of fact, he did pulling out of the dirt junkyard...

I'll bet it made a clicketyclick cocking sound every time he pointed it. :lol:

There was a news video last night of an attempted convienence store hold up. The 2 perps each had glock 17s as well as the store owner. All three people ran them dry with no injuries.

Now that's funny, right there!!

That is NOT funny!!! Now three young Slurpette machines have no daddy coming home.... :lol:

There was a news video last night of an attempted convenience store hold up. The 2 perps each had glock 17s as well as the store owner. All three people ran them dry with no injuries.

Noz, I can't figure out if that speaks more to the accuracy of the weapons, or the abilities of the users? Don't know much about Glocks and how accurate they are, but I do know that skill and ability varies greatly from person to person. Just an observation.

Slackwater

Noz, I can't figure out if that speaks more to the accuracy of the weapons, or the abilities of the users? Don't know much about Glocks and how accurate they are, but I do know that skill and ability varies greatly from person to person. Just an observation.

Slackwater

Glocks are accurate enough. About 60% of US police departments are armed with them.

And a gunfight with no casualties is actually not unusual at all. Spray and Pray doesn't always yield results. :lol:

That was ANOTHER thing in the movie. The rock and another guy maybe 50 feet apart in a narrow apartment hallway...the Rock shooting his magnum and the assassin type with what looked like a SIG. LOT of shots fired, nobody hit. Rock reloaded twice with speed loaders and the best he could do was sheetrock dust in the guy's eyes, so he had to duck around the corner...Maybe they were shooting black powder and couldn't see thru the smoke... :lol:

:lol:

Those black powder Sig's are notoriously inaccurate.

At least , dey show'em reloadin' !

I was tankin' dey may have da wind up type. Dey aint none too accurate a t'all ! :wacko:

Big question? Did any actors on the TV series CHIPS, ever have to pull their sidearms? The only people ever hurt in the series "A-Team, were the stuntpersons. With zillions of bullets, grenades, and explosions, no one ever got killed. Yet we watched them week after week. Today, I cannot believe I ever watched these shows. No matter what material the bullets hit, wood, paper or plastic, they yielded sparks, from impact. MT

.... did he squeal the tyres on the gravel road too ?

Tires will squeal on a dirt road. Especially hard packed chirt or clay. I little sand on top really get em spinnin.

I get a kick out of the gunfight scenes where a thousand rounds are fired, and all they did was put out a tire or windshield.

You can see that in real life anytime you want............................just come watch me shoot a match. :blush:

Smoke rolling off the rear tires...of a front wheel drive car

A bunch of Cops with guns drawn and aim at the bad guy, "freeze!". Bad guy reaches into his pants, drawns out gun, brings it up to aim and the bunch of Cops all dive for cover!

Border Patrol tells the bad guys, "Drop your weapons!". Bad guys start shooting at BP and the BP return fire with bean bags. :(

Smoke rolling off the rear tires...of a front wheel drive car

A bunch of Cops with guns drawn and aim at the bad guy, "freeze!". Bad guy reaches into his pants, drawns out gun, brings it up to aim and the bunch of Cops all dive for cover!

Border Patrol tells the bad guys, "Drop your weapons!". Bad guys start shooting at BP and the BP return fire with bean bags. :(

One of these scenarios is real, .... which is it ?

I'll venture a guess and say #3. Shooting less than lethal seems to be popular among certain law maker types who never looked at the barrel of a gun pointed at them. Just sayin'

Big Jake

With less than 24 hours left in his presidency, George W. Bush at last granted clemency to two former Border Patrol agents, Jose Compean and Ignacio Ramos. The two had received lengthy prison sentences after being convicted of shooting a fleeing Mexican drug dealer.

I'm glad Geo.W did that. Those guys should have been heroes for stopping and shooting the scum bag drug dealer. Just sayin'

Big Jake

Archived