SASS Wire Forum

Sharing a CAS Video

Howdy Pards,

Here’s a fun video of me shootin’ in the “Street Howitzer” Category offered by Ashland, Oregon’s Jefferson State Regulators.

As most of you know; I normally shoot Black Powder Gunfighter and (as the video will demonstrate) I don’t shoot an 1897 very often…

As for the details on JSR’s Street Howitzer Category:

JSR’s Street Howitzer Category Rules are as follows:

PISTOLS:-One Pistol Required.

-Any SASS legal single action (fixed or adjustable sights)

-Any SASS legal shooting style

RIFLE:-One Rifles Required

-Any SASS legal main match Rifle.

SHOTGUN:-One or two Shotguns may be used: (1)-for pistol targets, (1)-for shotgun targets.

SPECIAL NOTES:

-Only one pistol is used by the Street Howitzer competitors. The other “pistol” sequence is shot at the pistol targets using the same order as the pistol shooters with the loaded shotgun.

-Either (5)-shot pistol sequence may be engaged with the shotgun.

-The Shotgun used for “pistol” targets must be a pump action 97 or a lever action 87, loaded with (5)-rds at the loading table, action empty and closed.

-The Shotgun used for “pistol” targets starts staged at the pistol position or in hand, depending on individual stage directions.

-The second shotgun (if used) may be any SASS legal Shotgun.

Propellant:-Any SASS legal propellant in all firearms (smokeless or Black Powder).

And The Force was with ya.

good video.

..........Widder

Thanks Widder! There were 7 of us that shot this “Street Howitzer” category on that day we had a blast. Can’t wait to shoot with you one of these days pard!

Archived