SASS Wire Forum

Spring time check list

Grizzly Dave

Round these parts, we've been shooting all winter, but I understand that in many parts of SASS land the weather won't permit that. Another thread got me to thinking about what folks have on their checklist for the beginning of the season, or to stock the guncart or clubhouse to be ready for the Spring and Summer shooting season.

Grizz

I know I need to go thru the gear box that goes in my gun cart and make sure it's stocked up. In there I like to have the following

Multi tool, extra hearing protecting, rags, aspirin, fingernail clippers, granola bars, leather shoelace, and other stuff that eludes my feeble mind at the moment. I want to get a squib rod to add to my box in hopes of never needing it.

In the main box on the cart I keep a copy of the pocket RO card and penalty overview in a page protector, I need to print out current copies of those. Also keep a rain poncho.

In a box that goes with me to shoots, but no in the cart is extra leather, ammo, eye protection, and whatnot.

Before too long I'll need to start taking the cart umbrella and mini cooler with extra water.

I know I need to go thru the gear box that goes in my gun cart and make sure it's stocked up. In there I like to have the following

Multi tool, extra hearing protecting, rags, aspirin, fingernail clippers, granola bars, leather shoelace, and other stuff that eludes my feeble mind at the moment. I want to get a squib rod to add to my box in hopes of never needing it.

In the main box on the cart I keep a copy of the pocket RO card and penalty overview in a page protector, I need to print out current copies of those. Also keep a rain poncho.

In a box that goes with me to shoots, but no in the cart is extra leather, ammo, eye protection, and whatnot.

Before too long I'll need to start taking the cart umbrella and mini cooler with extra water.

Hey Dave....I made my own squib rods 2 each for both 38 and 44-40.Used a 2 inch piece of wood dowel;marked and drilled a center hole about an inch deep,then glued in an appropriate length and diameter wood dowel into the larger one.Also made 1 of each for the pistols.Total cost for all 4 rods about $3

I needed the granola bars and the aspirin in my gear last Saturday - had a sugar low and a bad headache.

Other things useful to have in the gear are bandaids for small cuts, and adhesive tape for splits (I seem to get these in my fingers sometimes).

My fingers split whenever I handle wood too much, like making something in the shop. I've found that superglue makes it stop hurting instantly and makes a great band-aid. Also, low sugar GIVES me a headache. Try it, you'll like it.... :) Just don't get the glue on two fingers and touch them together before they dry completely.... :(

I needed the granola bars and the aspirin in my gear last Saturday - had a sugar low and a bad headache.

Other things useful to have in the gear are bandaids for small cuts, and adhesive tape for splits (I seem to get these in my fingers sometimes).

I added the squib rods last year. Keep adding things as I run into something. Screwdrivers were first, then first aid kit.Those are in my cart. I have 2 large totes I load up with extras in it, spare parts, etc.

For club supplies -

new timer batteries

spray paint

membership forms, letterhead paper, etc

monthly awards

check your first aid kit(s)

check your fire extinguisher(s)

Good luck, GJ

Grizz

ya might want to get a ammo can to keep spare ammo in , just in case you get to a match with guns in one cal. and ammo in another .

Yep I done that one time , have also forgot to bring enough to get through the match .

CB

Well, for cowboy guns I only have 357s shooting 38s. I always bring more than enough for two shooters even if it's only me going.

Well, for cowboy guns I only have 357s shooting 38s. I always bring more than enough for two shooters even if it's only me going.

....... what is this thing about putting little .38s into .357 manglem guns ?

................... seems to be an epidemic ......

Archived