SASS Wire Forum

Burgess Rifle I got mine.

I picked up my Burgess rifle clone on Friday. Shot it at the range and while it is not a slicked up 73 and I don't think it could ever be as fast as one it still a cool rifle. It shot great. It was amazingly accurate, with my 45 Colt loads. I was shooting the Center out of the target very easily. But all of Uberties have very accurate.

This whole thing of wanting one started in 98 2008 with a visit to the Uberti factory in GVT Italy. They where working on the designs while I was there. I realized I would be able to get a copy of one. Today I have one. Way cool rifle. :)

I have had mine for a year or so...it is certainly not as fast at my 73 but you are right....it is a way cool rifle..and almost as light as my 92.

...This whole thing of wanting one started in 98 with a visit to the Uberti factory in GVT Italy. They where working on the designs while I was there...

Marshall, was "98" a typo?

Cool trumps fast in my book. :lol:

Does anyone have short stroke kits for these rifles?:mellow:

I don't know if it would be possible to short-stroke it Rye.

Looking at a disassembled one, it somewhat resembles an 1881 Marlin. The front of the lever appears to pin to the bolt.

Some pictures here => http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31925&start=0 about 2/3 the way down.

I ordered mine in June and got it the week before Christmas, and I've been very pleased with it. According to Larson E. Pettifogger, who took one apart and reassembled it for the Cowboy Chronicle last fall, a short stroke will not work on this gun because of the way the innards are made. As for the remark that the Burgess is remarkably similar to the 1881 Marlin, that's because they were designed by the same man...Andrew Burgess. From what I read he designed the action to be stronger than Winchester's '73 and it is!

Archived