SASS Wire Forum

Ides of March 2011

Cypress Sun

Wow, another great Ides of March from the Lake County Pistolero's. I just don't know how ya'll do it every year. Fantastic stages, great food, side matches, interactive props/targets, plenty of vendors, magnificent awards and beautiful weather.

I just want to take a little time to tell all of the folks that created and helped put on this match........THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

A big yahoo is in order to Arcadia Outlaw for the design and layout of 9 of the 10 stages.......way to go pard.......lots of options for every shooter. Another big yahoo for the Fort White Calvary for stage 3.

Santa Fe River Stan.......Top Gun, as if there was any doubt.

Slo Loadin Katie......Top Lady, that's right folks.......sheeeeeeee's back. Katie, you rock.

For my pards, Shoulda Dun Gun and Rowdy Bill........great shootin'

For Col. Dan........the moon........really........I'm gonna use that one, I like it.

Congratulations to all of the winners and everyone who attended this match, after all it's ya'll who make any match a great one.

When is next years application coming out for 2012? I guarantee mine will be the 1st submitted.

Thanks again, Cypress Sun

What a great match.

All of the Lake County group need to take a well deserved rest. On behalf of the youth shooters fund we raised about $2000.00 for the youth to head to EOT in 2012. Thanks to everyone who bought tickets and items at our first ever garage sale: THANK YOU.

Purdy Sharp along with my wife (Ennah Tizzy) of 34 years ran the sale and did a steller job.

Thanks Again

Major Mishap

If you didn't make it to the Ides this year you missed a heck of a match. The committee and all the volunteers did a great job. Thanks for all your hard work!

Put this one on your calendar for next year boys and girls......but only if you like movement, well placed targets, stages with options and to be challenged.

Stan

And so the sun has set on another day.

We find our two heroes’s once again ridding into the sunset along their separate ways. The two know that it’s more than just providing a safe environment for others to enjoy. For they are actors! An unbeatable team of personality, fortitude, spontaneity, charisma, creativity and brotherhood.

Another chapter in the life’s of Zack McGee and Wigley, aka (Rigry), has closed on a most perfect shoot. The Ides of March 2011.

So until the call for help rings clear and loud across the land…”RO’s, RO’s we need your help!”

The insensible duo will portray their meek and mild everyday life.

This is Rigry

Have a most special Day!

I want to add my sincere salute of appreciation to the Ides crew for their outstanding work in putting on this match. Their attention to detail, thoughtfulness, organization and imagination was truly top notch in every way. The proof in the pudding being that I saw nothing but smiley faces the whole weekend! :D

A tip of the hat and a high five to the winners and particularly to Slow Loadin' Katie and Sante Fe River Stan for taking Top Gun honors!!!

I would be remiss however if I didn't point out that the one and only down side for many of the more unfortunate participants among us was the scheduling of this match which coincided with the Super Moon's most extreme perigeeic period. :unsure: Luckily, we won't have to worry about that again for approximately 60 years. Having that now behind us, I'm confident we can resume and enjoy normal shooting conditions! :lol:

Great job to all the Ides gang. I had a grand time indeed and I thank you all very much...

I'm with the rest here. It was a wonderful shoot and the weather they ordered for the event was first rate. A special thanks to Sassy who thought enough of me to make me posse marshal for Posse 7. What a wonderful bunch of shooters. They'd give you their guns right off their cart and did. Union Belle (who won the Spirit of the Game) lived up to it as she let me shoot her rifle for the last two stages after mine went SNAFU. I feel so bad that after her selfless act her own gun jammed in the final stage. She got a reshoot so no harm, but she had to use Capt. D's gun to finish up.

Looking forward to the club invitational shoot this Sept. WAY TA GO Pistelaros. WW

Thanks to the entire Ides of March Committee for putting on a really fine match.

Good job by Arcadia Outlaw on the stages. Easy to understand and very concise instructions. Wigley and I ran the 181 shooters through stage 5 with about 5 questions asked. This really kept the posses moving. But most important they were all REALLY FUN!!!

Thanks to my pard Wigley for coming down to help. Sound Check!!

Congrats to my good friends Santa Fe River Stan and Slo Loading' Katie for the top gun wins. I sure enjoy watching both of you shoot!

See y'all next year!

Wack, (Zack McGee) you said I get extra rice for help!

I no see no rice, you rie!

Next time you pay up front. You give me all rack jobs…Rigry you go do dis, you do dat..Dat all I here all day wrong. I might as well be back on rail road. Day give me rice. You no give me rice, you rie!

Rigry you be sound guy, a paint guy, a rake guy, get gun guy, count target for chuter gut. And den you make me use craper.

O.K. I work for you next time, but things be different. :lol:

Rigry

Wack, (Zack McGee) you said I get extra rice for help!

I no see no rice, you rie!

Next time you pay up front. You give me all rack jobs…Rigry you go do dis, you do dat..Dat all I here all day wrong. I might as well be back on rail road. Day give me rice. You no give me rice, you rie!

Rigry you be sound guy, a paint guy, a rake guy, get gun guy, count target for chuter gut. And den you make me use craper.

O.K. I work for you next time, but things be different. :lol:

Rigry

Now you all see the crap I had to put up with all weekend. :D

This is Slow Loadin Katie writing under Kid Hawkins log in,

I wanted to offer a sincere thank you to each one of you, who gave up so much, to give everyone a time to break away from LIFE and enjoy a sport we all love so much. The friends that can never be replaced, the memories that are never forgotten.

We know first hand the sacrifies that are made and appreciate all the hard work and time you put in to achieve such a wonderfully layed out match that met the needs of shooters on every level. Your RO's worked so hard, and the cute chinese guy and his side kick were adorable! You presented the true meaning of hospitality putting the shooters needs and well wishes above everything.

Your props, the stage designs, the food vender (Kenny was awesome), the atmosphere to hang out at the range after the match was long over due, but it was established from the moment you arrived. It was truly a first rate match.

The side matches were so much fun for those who missed it. Cowboys are just the best and were so thankful we were able to be a part of it. My only suggestion is take the week off and congratulate yourselves on a job so well done.

Thanks to all of YOU!!

Slow Loadin Katie

I had a GREAT time again this year. The stages were fun the RO's were the best, funny, entertaining, and very patient. Did I tell ya I like(love) BBQ? The committee members ran the match like a well oiled machine. I'm sure they were like ducks on a pond but it never showed.

A few personal notes:

Outlaw.... good stages

Col Dan....I'm still not buying the super moon thing

Wigley....work on your Jackie Chan

Zack.....sorry ya had ta spend the weekend with Wigley

Greta.......it's good ta be tall

Kate......Smite?

Red.......Ya didn't see it did ya? Just kidding

Thanks to all the people on posse 10 for a fun weekend except for Rowdy Bill. Ya say why except for Rowdy Bill? Well I was sitting on my stool spotting for Bill on a stage, don't remember which one. Bill was ripping through his rifle when a LARGE chunk of lead caught me by surprise in my left,,,,,,,,,,well you get the idea. This is the second time I have been hit in the left one, see my avatar. A pard Yusta B Fast made me that shield ta keep my boys safe the last time he hit me in the left side and the picture was taken by Bill's wife Annabelle Bransford. What are the odds? I shouda brought the sheild. Sooooooooooo......for the rest of the match I talked to Bill in a high pitched voice.

Thanks to everybody for a fun weekend

Wyatt

O, ta…You wait till Ft White Annual, I have whole new character and Wack will be there too!

Rigry :ph34r:

Well Mr. Trooper wee hab to bait and tee wount wee!

Thanks for the pic :ph34r:

Archived