SASS Wire Forum

Pards, the Gateway Kid needn our Prayers

I was so hoping to make that shoot but sadly my work schedule changed.

My best wishes and prayers for Gateway and his family.

I sure am praying he'll be good to go for the Colorado State Shoot in June, if not before.

Doc Nelson

Thanks for the update Ross. Get well soon Kid!

To all the pards out there who sent up prayers for me I would like to say THANK YOU so much. The Lord has truly blessed me to be a part of the Cowboy Family.

Some I have met, some I have not but trust me, you are family.

Keeping the story short I had two stints put into vessels feeding my heart. On vessel was 90% closed and the other 100%. Roughly 1/3 of my heart was being shortchanged the needed blood for normal operation. My pards insisted I go to the hospital and physically took my guns away from me(something I wasn't happy about at the time but will be forever grateful). As a last act of defiance I insisted I could drive (which turned out to be a marginal decision at best). When my wife caught up with me I was more or less unconscious and really glad she was driving and not me.

Upon arrival the ER doctor told me sign here we are prepping you for surgery and I was on the table 20 mins after arrival. 2 1/2 hours later I woke up in ICU.

Lessons Learned.

1. Friends listen to your docs when they say "watch your weight", "take care of your cholesterol", "your blood pressure is to high". They actually know what they are talking about.

2. Pards if you think someone is in cardiac distress, treat them like a drunk and take the keys whether they want to let go or not. My decision process was flawed from the start and my friends were right. I was extremely lucky to get as far as I did.

3. Give thanks every day for the life you have, the memories of your past and the days you still have ahead of you. This existance is precious and should not be wasted.

4. Tell someone you care about that you love them. It is not certain that you will get another opportunity. My doc told me another hour or two and things would definitely have turned out different.

Again thank you for all your prayers and good wishes. I cannot tell you how much they mean to me and are greatly appreciated.

Respectfully

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Gateway,

Thank God you are ok. I am so glad that you got there in time. Please take care of yourself we need to shoot together in a couple months!!!! :)

Let Kiowa and I know if you need anything!!!! and I mean anything!

Painted Filly

OK Gateway, we're all glad your back on your feet, but one question:

Your Pards took your guns away.

Did they give them back??

Seriously Pard, I'm glad things worked out.

I'm on Crestor and it's getting my cholesterol down really well, so if they put you on it, stay on it.

Take care.

C.L.Kid

Kid........

Great to se you here......glad it went well for you.......

Ok - Now Doc Wolf thinks you should come down here to sunny Dixie for part of your recovery process...say around April 13th.....it will do wonders for ya........ :D

Get better..........regards..........Wolf

Hello all,

Sorry to say I only have internet at work and I am not supposed to be at work until next monday. My boss (wife) has given permission to come in for an hour or so then back to house and stay away from stress stuff. (BORING!!!)

Thanks for the invite to shoot with all you great folks but for the next four weeks:

Weight limit 10 lbs or less

Walk for 20 min in morning and 20 min in evening 7 days a week

About a zillion pills per day, some once, some twice. gonna have to get one of those pill counter thingies to keep track of it all.

NO alcohol :mellow:

NO shooting - don't want any shock to the upper chest until they can verify the stints are staying in place and all is working properly. (not that my loads hava a lotta recoil anyway :lol: but they insisted)

This is the biggie - Thursday I am going to a stress management class (the first of 4) As a big time type "A" I had no idea how bad my mental makeup was for my physical body.

Any way all is going as well as could be expected. Thanks again for all the well wishes and prayers - they mean more to me than I could express

See ya down the trail.

Respectfully

Gateway Kid

G-Kid,

Thanks for the report and glad to hear the positive prognosis!!

Get well so we can blast away at HOW!!

Ol' #4

I don't see what might have clued them off to your type "A" personality? Dry firing 1-2 hours a night? NAWWWWW.... shooting 4k rounds in a month prior to a big match? NAWWWWW.... playing with loads until the wee hours trying to find one that goes POP.. instead of PHART? nawwww.....

those are signs of a GAMER~!~ A, B, C.. it's all the same...

HURRY BACK!.. well... at least wander back...quickly.

Hey BK

The BOSS (SWMBO) relented and said I could come into work today, (guess she got tired of me underfoot :P )

Things are going really well I think, although over the weekend I have had a major case of heartburn. Goes away with an antacid every few hours but danged annoying as I don't usually have that. The way they found I was a type A was I usually give heartburn rather than receive :lol: !

Anyway have an appointment today about the heartburn, they think probably a reaction to the pills, simvastatin, plavix, metoprolol, niacin, aspirin.

Good thing about this is since I left the hospital, using their diet plan I have lost 5 pounds. Don't recommend a heart attack as a weight loss program but it definately works :lol: !

BTW who dry fires 1-2 hours a night or shoots 4k before a big match? wait a minute I resemble that remark :lol:

gotta go for now, after catching up on missed work I need to get back into the practice routine!

Regards

Gateway Kid

Hey Gateway, glad to hear you are ok. I had a stint last June. The plavix will defiantly give you heartburn. It helps your weight loss program when you don't feel like eating. Take care and tou will get better.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see that your on the mend!!! Don't push to hard...we want you back better than before!!! Talked to Lefty Jo after this happened...hopefully she passed on our well wishes to you. (I couldn't get on the wire to post...brain fart for password stuff!!) Finally had to e-mail SASS to get me back on...grrr!! Somedays I'm mentally challenged.

Think of you guys lots...give a shout if you need help with anything!

See ya soon! Be GOOD!!!

Archived