SASS Wire Forum

posting photos

badshooter

I am a new member and am trying to learn how to post photos on the wire. I have photos on photobucket and can't get them copied to attach. I have tried highlighting the Direct Link and it seems to copy but when I go to attach it to a e-mail, it comes up blue but will not open. I have tried to copy the entire album an also individual photos and its all the same. Sure would appreciate any help from the pros.

Thanks

We've never been able to directly post pictures, at least since 2007 to my direct knowledge. I use Photobucket too...

Copy the direct link, click on the button to the right of the smiley face (insert link) on the reply page for whatever thread you are trying to insert a photo, or your own post and then paste the link to your photo. You can then name the link if you want to. At this stage I usually click the preview post button down below and check to make sure the link actually goes where I want it to....and it does if the stars, the moon and the computers gods all line up and let it do its thing.

Edit to add that I have no idea how they insert videos directly, that's something new since the site upgrade.

We've never been able to directly post pictures, at least since 2007 to my direct knowledge. I use Photobucket too...

Copy the direct link, click on the button to the right of the smiley face (insert link) on the reply page for whatever thread you are trying to insert a photo, or your own post and then paste the link to your photo. You can then name the link if you want to. At this stage I usually click the preview post button down below and check to make sure the link actually goes where I want it to....and it does if the stars, the moon and the computers gods all line up and let it do its thing.

Edit to add that I have no idea how they insert videos directly, that's something new since the site upgrade.

Keep going to the right of the bar with the Emoticons, Links, Quote, the one at the end that looks like three photos is the Insert Media. It usually works for Youtube.

And that puts the video directly in the post.... strange we can't post pics directly. But "our's is not to wonder why..."

The problem is I copy the link in photobucket and when I go to past it it shows up blue like a link, but it will not open

The problem is I copy the link in photobucket and when I go to past it it shows up blue like a link, but it will not open

There must be something wrong with the url you're trying to copy.

Pull up the album and copy the entire url.

Then in your post, click on the insert link to the right of the emoticon symbol.

When the box pops up paste the url in it.

Next, you can name it something else besides my link if you want.

Then click on Insert Link and it should be good.

Check the url address and make sure you do not have http:// in it twice.

Make sure you have the link pasted and check it from the preview post, if you try to check it just after inserting it it won't open

Not hard when you figure it out, where the My Link thing was is where you can change the title to what you want. Nice photo!

simple create a slide show video of your photos (I would use iMovie and iPhoto)

select A nice Hank Williams song from iTunes and any discriptive dialog you like (channel your inner Ken Burns [guy who did the landmark PBS documentary series "The Civil War" and set the world standard for slide show videos) and upload to uTube and paste link with the insert media icon in the editor here (looks like a stack of 3 tiny photos) (note if you do a high res video it can take uTube up to an hour to process it and make it available to view for a 10 min video though a slide show with each frame held for say 5 sec should be processed by them much more quickly

Archived