SASS Wire Forum

97 Solid Frame vs Take Down Disassembly

Texas Red

Pards,

Does a Solid Frame 97 disassembable just like a Take- Down Model??? I have a Take-Down model that I have taken apart couple times for repair and cleaning over the years. My solid frame is at the point of magazine and barrel are still on reciever. Ejection rod is still attached to bolt with j-hook part. When I move bolt to forward position and bring down carrier the Carrier will not drop out of reciever...!!! That's when I say Honey bring me a Bigger Hammer,,,!!!

Does the Mag Tube need to be removed from reciever before bolt and carrier can be Removed??????

Any Help is Appreciated..

TR

Got It Many Thanks to All.......

Remove the slide hook screw first. Then remove the mag tube along with the pump handle. You will have to jiggle it a little to get the pump handle out of the receiver. If the safety locks are still in place make sure you pull the pump handle back enought to get the bolt and carrier to unlock.

After you have the mag tube out, remove the hammer pivot screw and the little screw just about the trigger on the side of the receiver. Then everyting will come out. No need to remove the trigger.

Hope this helps,

Daybreaker

Solid frame is a little different. Action closed hammer cocked. Remove the barrel clamp and screw at the muzzle end of the mag tube. (Remember which side the screw goes on and put back same way)

On the ejection port side right by the magasine tube there is a screw. Take this out. This locks mag tube in receiver. Once this screw is out the tube will unscrew and the forend/slide assy will come with it. You might have to push up on the carrier through the bottom to get the action rod out if the gun is worn.

Once that is done, look on the ejection port side of the receiver down around the trigger guard. There is a screw. Carrier dog screw. Take this out (this is the screw that stops the downward motion of the carrier & works the shell guide) Then press the action release and allow the carrier to swing down. (you might have to wiggle it a bit but don't pry with screwdriver!)

Back of the receiver under the hammer, left side of the carrier as you look down there is a teeny screw. Take this out, slide carrier pin out and the carrier will come right out the bottom of the receiver.

Bottom front of bolt. Screw. Take out. Action hook is dow free and needs to come down and away from bolt for bolt to slide out the back of receiver.

More info here

http://marauder.homestead.com/Shotgun.html

To the Fire,

Pards Thanks for all the replies and photo articles..I'll read and digest..

So....The Mag Tube UNSCREWS for the Rec????Mine is tight rusty and old....Have gotten enought pentrating oil in it to turn it....So It just screws from Reciever is my biggest question...

Regards,

TR

To the Fire,

Pards Thanks for all the replies and photo articles..I'll read and digest..

So....The Mag Tube UNSCREWS for the Rec????Mine is tight rusty and old....Have gotten enought pentrating oil in it to turn it....So It just screws from Reciever is my biggest question...

Regards,

TR

Yes, the magazine tube unscrews from the receiver. Make sure you take out the retaining screw that is on the right side of the receiver first though!

Archived