SASS Wire Forum

Moving to Georgia

Devil Dog Dave

DDD -

You are in luck - are moving to a target rich environment! You'll have a number of great clubs to shoot at within a 1 - 2 hr drive, including:

River Bend Rough Riders (River Bend Gun Club) - www.rbgc.org

Cherokee Cowboys (Cherokee Gun Club) - www.cherokeegunclub.org

Mule Camp Cowboys (South River Gun Club ) - http://www.mulecampcowboys.com

Doc Holidays Immortals (Griffin Gun Club) - http://www.gacowboy.com

And those are just the close ones!

As you are probably already aware, Canton is in the NW metro Atlanta area. Fine place to live.

I am a member of River Bend GC / River Bend Rough Riders and do the majority of my shooting there. If you want to check it out contact me when you get here.

BB

Devil Dog, welcome to Jawja. You are moving into a good area for Cowboy shootin. On the north side of Atlanta, your closest club will the Riverbend Rough Riders over near Dawsonville. There is also Cherokee Cowboys near Gaineville. On the south side of Atlanta, Doc Holidays Immortals are in Griffin and the Mule Camp Cowboys are in Covington. You'll see a lot of the same folks at each of these shoots as they are all on different weekends. There are several good clubs up I-75 in Tennessee. I think you have about 5-6 well established Cowboy clubs within about an hours drive of you.

See you on the range,

Badlands Bob

Guest talon macleod 29883

:D Welcome ,I hope 81 degrees and 75% humidity in march is not a problem . I also hope a match possibility every weekend does not bother you .Good luck , Look us up.

Talon Macleod, Co. A Los Vaqueros

Hi All,

I will be moving to Canton, Ga during August of this year. I was wondering where the CAS clubs are located and what you all think of the area. Thanks in advance.

DDD

Your not a carpet bagger are ya?

Just kidding. ;)

Welcome to Georgia!

Thanks for the info...Coming from California and looking forward to the weather and the opportunity to shoot on a weekly basis..I will be visiting the different clubs when I get there and hoping to meet you fine gentlemen when I do. Any advice on the local area...Seems pretty nice to me..

From the times I visited Canton, GA - it is a nice area. It is far enough out from Atlanta to be not as populated and a little less traffic but still have all the necessities.

Hopefully some of the folks that live near there can help more.

Hi All,

I will be moving to Canton, Ga during August of this year. I was wondering where the CAS clubs are located and what you all think of the area. Thanks in advance.

DDD

Hi Devil Dog Dave, I want to invite you to get over to River Bend (we will probably the the closest club to you) and shoot with us. But beware, you are in an area where you can easily shoot every weekend of the month and then spend the rest of your free time loading ammo. Wecome to the area and please make your plans to come a little early (at least for a visit) and shoot the Georgia State Championships with us May 5-8 at River Bend. You can find the application and information at RBGC.org (follow the links to find the cowboy page). Glad to know you....Witch Doctor - president of the River Bend Rough Riders.

Hi Devil Dog Dave, I want to invite you to get over to River Bend (we will probably the the closest club to you) and shoot with us. But beware, you are in an area where you can easily shoot every weekend of the month and then spend the rest of your free time loading ammo. Wecome to the area and please make your plans to come a little early (at least for a visit) and shoot the Georgia State Championships with us May 5-8 at River Bend. You can find the application and information at RBGC.org (follow the links to find the cowboy page). Glad to know you....Witch Doctor - president of the River Bend Rough Riders.

Devil Dog -

You wouldn't happen to be at Pendleton would you? I'm right behind you. Looking to move to Eatonton area after my next set of orders are up and I can retire (approx 3.5 yrs).

Currently living in Chula Vista and shoot w/ Dulzura Desperados. Look them up - a great bunch of guys/gals.

rich aka Bourbon Butch Frederick :FlagAm:

Devil Dog -

You wouldn't happen to be at Pendleton would you? I'm right behind you. Looking to move to Eatonton area after my next set of orders are up and I can retire (approx 3.5 yrs).

Currently living in Chula Vista and shoot w/ Dulzura Desperados. Look them up - a great bunch of guys/gals.

rich aka Bourbon Butch Frederick :FlagAm:

Retired from Pendleton in 1995 and getting ready to retire again. Can't wait to get to Georgia sounds like lots of great people!!

PM me maybe we can get together for a cold one and a good cigar...Semper Fi

Archived