SASS Wire Forum

Bonanza Co-Ax Press great but changing shellholder

These are great presses. Lets shell holder float as well as die floats so you get great alignment. Also, two shellholder cover 99% of what you will load. Some benchrest shooters actually load for a match on these. BUT.......changing from large to small is a PIA. I found the solution. Click on link for answer.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/jimsutphin/P2100015-1.jpg

Are you talking about the jaws or the primer shell holder? I've not found much of a problem with mine for either (and I've had it for 30 years)! Course I pretty much only load large Rifle on it now and use the 650 for bulk pistol.

I am talking about the jaws. I go back and forth between large and small. So, one is set for large and other for small. I load rifle only with these and never use the priming system. I had prime all my rifle.

Thanks Gunstock!

I don't use the priming set up either. I either hand prime or use an RCBS bench mounted priming station. I use the Bonanza mostly for my .45/70 and .45/90 hand loads ; I load pistol on a Redding turret press. I used a Dillon 550 for years, but just like the Redding press, RCBS primer, and my Little Dandy powder measure better. Not as fast, but I NEVER have a high primer and I can visually check the powder drops before seating the bullet. Well made ammo means more to me than fast ammo.

Gunstock

I don't use the priming set up either. I either hand prime or use an RCBS bench mounted priming station. I use the Bonanza mostly for my .45/70 and .45/90 hand loads ; I load pistol on a Redding turret press. I used a Dillon 550 for years, but just like the Redding press, RCBS primer, and my Little Dandy powder measure better. Not as fast, but I NEVER have a high primer and I can visually check the powder drops before seating the bullet. Well made ammo means more to me than fast ammo.

Gunstock

"Well made ammo means more to me than fast ammo." Well put. I have found that well made ammo is actually fast ammo..........no screw up to fix!

Archived