SASS Wire Forum

Happy Friday all!

Grizzly Dave

A few more hours at the office, then off to the chiropractor to hopefully set my back right so I can go shooting tomorrow. I'll go shooting either way, but it would be nice to be able to stand for more than 15 minutes at a time without alot of pain.

Tonight I'll get the guns and ammo ready for tomorrow, and maybe have a go at disabling the auto safety on that new shotgun.

Don't get BMC ta' countin'!! He'll take off his shoes an' socks and NOBODY wants that!! Trust me!! :lol:

...... in a few hours I'll be starting the second day of "Duel Downunder".

This is a friendly(-ish), on-going, rivalry of Cowboy Action Shooting between the 2 great nations of New Zealand and Australia.

... been goin' on fer 12 years now ...

:D:D:D

Griz, a drink on BMC's tab sounds great. Been a long week in the IT world, been oncall all week and it's been a rough one! If I catch up on my sleep tonight hope to hit a match tomorrow. Barkeep, 3 fingers of Buffalo Trace and keep 'em coming 'til I slide off the stool.

WJ, sounds like a good time is in store. Have fun!

BB

BB, BTDT, used to hate having the pager, but even when I didn't a "senior" programmer type usually had to call me in when she had it cuz she couldn't figure tings out.

Wahooooooh Badger's buying. Filler up barkeep. Best ya got. :blink::unsure::blush:

I'll have a beer.

Just got back from the range with Willie. He was shooting his new ,458 Lott buffalo gun and I was shooting my .416 Rigby pinfire. I actually hit the target. Too bad about the guy that had it in the window of his Buick.

Them buffers is lots bigger than those little paper targets.

Well, cart in the car along with leather and extra ammo, just loaded up the loading strips, need to take them out, and air up the cart tires, they be a little on the soft side. Then just gotta lug the irons up from the basement to the main floor safe until tomorrow.

I'm thinking I'll wait on tearing the new shotgun apart to disable the auto safety until after the match tomorrow, would hate to get it apart and not get it back together to shoot.

Have a good shoot Grizz, don't drink too much tonight, I'll have another barkeep. This time make it a double :)

I had a great time today. Went down to the gun room this morning to run a patch through the bore before I shot the Rigby. Marlin put a little screw on the ejector that you need to depress with a screwdriver and then with another screwdriver turn a locking screw to hold it down, then remove the bolt. The bolt goes back in and then you turn the locking screw and the ejector flips back into the position. Fiddled with it for the better part of an hour and could not get the spring to snap down behind the lock screw. I thought I might have broke it at the tip. It is a tiny thing. Called Willie to tell him I would not be able to meet him for lunch.. Went back to on it, got it apart, ran the patch, called Willie to tell him I was on my way. Wr had lunch and went to the range. Signed in and went to the firing line, set up the targets. Badger loads his rifle and pulls the trigger, click. FTF. Jacks out the round and looks at it. Not even a dent in the case. Shoots again, click. FTF. Jacks out the round and looks at it. Not even a dent in the case. Then this genius looks at the rifle. The cross bolt safety was in place and the hammer would stop there. DOH! After that the ole Rigby digested every one of them .22 booluts. Nary a misfire after that. I am pleased. Trying to get some range time on the barrel. It is a pretty tight shooter but I weave like a cloth maker.

Anyway, I had fun. What else matters.

Enjoy yer day Grizz. I may try to shoot tomorrow myself. Let us know how your date with that lil' Russian gal goes.

A few more hours at the office, then off to the chiropractor to hopefully set my back right so I can go shooting tomorrow. I'll go shooting either way, but it would be nice to be able to stand for more than 15 minutes at a time without alot of pain.

Tonight I'll get the guns and ammo ready for tomorrow, and maybe have a go at disabling the auto safety on that new shotgun.

Grizzes go for it... you can either shoot, or watch and help out.. either way it is fun.. So, be cool. and just go and have fun... Take care of yourself.. we luv ya brother..

Shot 6 stages today, 4 of them clean, the other two... not so much. My boy went with and shot a couple of stages as well. Long day, now I need to unload the car, get the videos uploaded to you tube, etc etc.

or take a nap.

Grizz

I love the smell of spent powder! Just separated all the shotgun hulls from the brass, enjoyed the smell the whole time!

Car's unloaded, videos are off the camera and uploading to you tube. Only took 13 today, didn't want to neglect my posse chores too much.

That, and the spent powder smells good.

Dat he-then smokeless or da Holy Black Power or both ??:lol:

Hey ladies! Perfume is expensive (at least, the kind you would want to wear), just put some spent powder behind each ear and you'll get his attention!

Now , dat gits ALL MY ATTENTION !!!! :wub:

Hey Hawk, how goes it?

Well , it goes fairly-middlein'.

Nurse came back da ranch da other day and told me I need to back to da horsepital fer more tests.

Told her , "Nope...it aint happenin'. I need da money too much to leave work."

So she put her hands on her hips and said to me , "OK. Then when yur sufferin' in a 10 plus pain level, and a bandaid box comes to haul ya to da horsepital , you can say I told ya so !"

So , I went. Dis was on a Thursday.....Got home today .

Well, you keep listenin to the docs, yer needed in this here Saloon.

'Pache, what Grizz said!! Otherwise we'll be usin' that rolled up newspaper on ya'!!

Grizz, how'd the lil' Russian gal do?? :unsure:

Well, she needs some doctoring before she'll be a regular shooter. With only one papa dave's cocking lever in it so both barrels would cock, she went back to her old ways of not opening up all the way and staying open. I reckon a little grinding might be needed on that front lug per his instructions. My TTN loosened up after shooting some small game loads at pumpkins, so I might try that too if'n I get a chance to get up to the cabin. I reckon running a couple boxes of anything thru her will do some good.

I shot her two or three stages and then went back to the hammered gun, with messing with it staying open and flipping off the safety, it was faster to cock the hammers as I'm used to. Perhaps I shouldn't have been such a cheapskate and in a rush and should have bought an already slicked up one from one of the fine SASS smiths.

'Pache, what Grizz said!! Otherwise we'll be usin' that rolled up newspaper on ya'!!

Grizz, how'd the lil' Russian gal do?? :unsure:

OK....OK !!!! Geez , what does a cowpoke have ta do to git some rest round here ???? :P

Archived