SASS Wire Forum

Jim Taylor

Noz

Some of you might know Jim Taylor.

He is known as the pistol packing preacher.

He also is well known in the high power pistol venue. His father is the inventor of the Taylor Throat for revolvers.

He got a call and sold everything he had and went to Africa to establish a mission.

He sent the following:

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and true enemies; succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; be honest and frank anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; do good anyway…

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway.

— Mother Teresa

Some of you might know Jim Taylor.

He is known as the pistol packing preacher.

He also is well known in the high power pistol venue. His father is the inventor of the Taylor Throat for revolvers.

He got a call and sold everything he had and went to Africa to establish a mission.

He sent the following:

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and true enemies; succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; be honest and frank anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; do good anyway…

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway.

— Mother Teresa

Noz. .. when I read this stuff I want to do so much more than I am doing now

. I sorta feel like God had given me a plan to live out and I am failing him ...Maybe when I reitre I can go overseas witht the Peace Corp and do good stuff for the people of God.. It seems like I can not help people here, they help themselves so i feel pretty worthless.. I offer and they take some help.. but there is so much more I want to do.. God made people who need us.. and I want to answer that call .. but few live in the good ole USA.. we are a nation of people who do not depend on others so much..

Dejas....

If you are where God put you

then THAT is your mission field.

You don't have to go to Africa to help people.

....helping people is not always about money.

Everytime I get frustrated with my job and ask God if I can go some place else the answer is "No, stay where I put you, that's where I need you"

I know if I tried to go some place else I would be miserable because I would be out of God's will for me.

Bloom where you are planted.

:->

Dejas....

If you are where God put you

then THAT is your mission field.

You don't have to go to Africa to help people.

....helping people is not always about money.

Everytime I get frustrated with my job and ask God if I can go some place else the answer is "No, stay where I put you, that's where I need you"

I know if I tried to go some place else I would be miserable because I would be out of God's will for me.

Bloom where you are planted.

:->

Some very sage and good advice here, Complicated Lady.

Archived