SASS Wire Forum

Rossi SxS

40Chev

Are there known problems with a Rossi hammerless double (think it's a Squire model)? Something akin to a Stoeger not firing both barrels seeming to be a common problem with them?

It's taken me several years - but I think I may have learned to ask some questions before buying another gun.

Thanks

Are there known problems with a Rossi hammerless double (think it's a Squire model)? Something akin to a Stoeger not firing both barrels seeming to be a common problem with them?

It's taken me several years - but I think I may have learned to ask some questions before buying another gun.

Thanks

Never owned a hammerless Rossi. But I've never heard of anyone reporting a Rossi SxS problem on this or any other of the several forums that I I frequent. The Rossi you're considering is indeed called the Squire. I have owned several of their Overland coach guns (20" hammered SxS) over the years and not one has ever given me a problem. I got my first one as a Christmas present in '73. They are built as stout as an Abrams tank. You may have to have the chambers polished so that the empties just fall out and have the forcing cones lengthened to reduce recoil. But not much else.

My wife shot from about '87 to '95. Never had a problem... would sell it, but it's cut to fit her, and at 5'1", the market is kinda small.

if there the same as stogers the only problem i have had is the fireing pin steel is soft and they tend to peen

over replaced fireing pins with hardened ones have not had ptoblem since

gabby

Thanks for the responses

Since my glass has never been half full - odds are pretty good it will be gone when I get back there

My wife shot from about '87 to '95. Never had a problem... would sell it, but it's cut to fit her, and at 5'1", the market is kinda small.

5'1"? Seems like the market ain't the onliest thing that's small. ;)

Archived