SASS Wire Forum

Couple new 1911's

Goody, SASS #26190

My apologies if these have already been discussed here. Anyone seen or shot one yet?

First we have the 100th Anniversary Browning, in 7/8 scale. Both a A1 and a compact model will be offered. Priced from $599 SRP

http://www.downrange.tv/blog/browning-introduces-1911-22-l-r-autoloading-pistol/7376/

Then a new one branded Colt, but it is made by an outside firm. This one shows a retail of $399, I did find a place online(no guns currently) that is listing at around $360.

http://www.ammoland.com/2010/05/13/umarex-usa-22-lr-colt-government-1911-series/

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/69822

Goody

I have one made by Chiappa. works great as long as you run round nose hi speed or minimax .22 through them. fun little gun.

the recoil spring feels like it could have had a former life as a ball point pen spring. very light.

I'm waiting for the HK MP5 SD from Umarex......that things looks the shiznit...

I like the old style one labeled Colt but at that price I just hope it will work and can pass the South Carolina pot metal test! The little Chiappa does work fine, so far, but I do wonder about its longevity under a heavy duty practice regimen???

Chiappa is pot metal and inexpensive...but it is fun for the money.

For 'bout the same money at that Umarex-Colt, I bought a .22LR conversion kit from Tactical Solutions:

http://www.tacticalsol.com/products/22-lr-conversions?page=shop.browse&category_id=10

(Prices there are high there, you can get them cheaper at Rimfire Sports or at Midway.)

This conversion kit is impressive. It will cycle with anything I feed it (including cheapo Walmart bulk ammo.) It slides right on any of my 1911 frames with no fitting needed. Mags are expensive, but competely machined aluminum.

I previously had a Kimber conversion. It was nice, but would only cycle with the high velocity stuff. I like this TacSol kit a whole lot.

Pancho

I like the old style one labeled Colt but at that price I just hope it will work and can pass the South Carolina pot metal test! The little Chiappa does work fine, so far, but I do wonder about its longevity under a heavy duty practice regimen???

Howdy Slowhand! One of the cowpokes had a GSG 1911-22 at Mid-Carolina last Sunday and it was really nice. Surly Dave is checking into availability now.

I got mine from Ripley Brothers Gun Company in Bedford, TX. he always gets me the great deals. He has been a FFL dealer since 1983. I have known him forever.

I'm waiting for the HK MP5 SD from Umarex......that things looks the shiznit...

I bought one of the GSG5 SD models. I have run probably 1,000 bulk pack Federals trhu it without a single malfunction. Accuracy is very good, looks cool, and it is fun to shoot.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life
Couple new 1911's .22 rimfire!

I'd love to have a pair... but with recoil and all... I would have to get me some "reduced-load" .22 rimfires...

(Just joshin'... for any such folks out there who can't determine which way is up...)

ts

I had me a Kimber Conversion couple years ago. It was nice, but for some reason I decdided to sell it. :blink: You'll have to ask Pecos Clyde how it works now. And I do know about the Chiappa, just was impressed mainly that two big name pistol companies have put their name on some new pistols.

Archived