SASS Wire Forum

CNN is at it again....

Two headlines back-to-back on CNN website, which historically distorts the story with inflammatory headlines to grab viewers....

"Gen. Petraeus Admits Son Served Afghan Term", followed by "Calif. Rep. Compares Gen. Petraeus to Sheen".

Now, when I saw those headlines, I assumed that the General's son was IMPRISONED ("admits...served Afghan term"????), since it seemed unlikely that he had been elected to serve a term of office...especially when coupled with the next headline, which certainly raised the inference of drugs and misbehavior by linking to Sheen...

Read the stories, though, and it turns out that young Lt. Petraeus SERVED in Afghanistan in the Army...he did not "serve a term" (at least I have never heard of a stint, or assignment, or rotation or other period of service referred to as "serving a term"....

And then in story #2, Rep. Lynn Woolsey of CA associates the General with CHARLIE SHEEN because the General shows up on the Hill with frequency, fulfilling his duty to answer fool questions about how long the war will last...

I'm gettin' crotchedy....and probably overly sensitive...but just about every day, CNN also runs a headline with some negative inference about Palin, and when you go to the story, you find that the headline is totally wrong, or a gross exaggeration....

Where are Walter, Chet, David, and Edward R.????

LL

Sensation of words and to dramataize a story. The other day CNN reported old folks trapped in their car for "days" in Japan. When they went to the story from Japan it was reported as "20" hours.

CNN and the other "Lame-Stream" media pander to the liberals,

Truth means nothing, only ratings/spin & liberal agenda.

FOX has the highest ratings because they try to get to the truth (mostly).

We're on the same page there, Pard. I usually avoid CNN and several others except for occasional visits to keep an eye on the enemy camp. ABC is also in the same camp as CNN with the exception of one political reporter - Jake Tapper. He seems to report things as they are without a lot of spin.

BB

Motto of most journalists these days..."Never let the facts get in the way of a good story"...

Read the stories, though, and it turns out that young Lt. Petraeus SERVED in Afghanistan in the Army...he did not "serve a term" (at least I have never heard of a stint, or assignment, or rotation or other period of service referred to as "serving a term"....

LL

Well I had a pard that served a term in Ft. Greely Alaska. :lol:

But don't get me started on today's "Journalists". :angry:

CNN is lame...like most channels. Even Fox has some goof things happen, but they seem to be more relaible and truly more balanced than the other 'entertaining' news programs.

I like One News Now ;)

GG ~:FlagAm:

CNN is not an AP member so they are not getting a steady fed of content, they report most breaking news 20 mins after the fact and most on speculation. Not to mention the liberal bias

CNN is not even entertaining as a farce

Archived