SASS Wire Forum

My new man-cave

Marshal Dan Troop 70448

Posted this at the Saloon, but thought I would share it here also. My new man-cave, BlueJeans calls it "The Marshal's Office". It will be my workshop and reloading, gun cleaning place. Its 8'x12', with a 10'X14' false front, and 4'X14' boardwalk. MT

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z72/marshaltroop/SDC11325.jpg

I've had a couple of PMs on this project. My total cost was 1782.11, including all hardware nails, paint, etc. which was delivered price. It took 9 days to build, minus waiting 2 days for concrete to set on building supports then boardwalk supports. Painting, caulking took 2 days. With BlueJeans help and support. MT

Posted this at the Saloon, but thought I would share it here also. My new man-cave, BlueJeans calls it "The Marshal's Office". It will be my workshop and reloading, gun cleaning place. Its 8'x12', with a 10'X14' false front, and 4'X14' boardwalk. MT

Groovy.

I'm Jealous, my man cave is a cave. It's the basement, dark,cold, and damp!!!!!!!!!

I'm right there with you. All of my "toys" are there, but I will be working on a model, practicing guitar, cleaning guns or something, but the girls don't seem to respect the whole "man cave" title, either coming down or putting stuff down there for "storage." Of course, it is up to me to figure out how and where, or it is just left in my way...

Oh, and since it is the "Marshall's Office," you need some wanted posters beside the door!

I've had a couple of PMs on this project. My total cost was 1782.11, including all hardware nails, paint, etc. which was delivered price. It took 9 days to build, minus waiting 2 days for concrete to set on building supports then boardwalk supports. Painting, caulking took 2 days. With BlueJeans help and support. MT

Thats awesome! For the price of a Colt you've got a great looking man cave.

Yes, I'm jealous! But very happy for you! Many happy years tinkering about.

I'm gonna think about adding a porch to mine. Yours looks great!

That's probable the easiest thing on this to do. Forb the supports, I used pine 1"x4" and 1"x6"(had to shave off a little from the 6" to make them square, then glued and nailed with exterior 13/4" nails. Made a plug for both ends with scrap lumber. Then used angle irons for support. The front and side trim are made from 2"X 6', the width sawed in half. I bought 8' lenghts of deck flooring cut in half to make 4" width. MT

Thinkin' I see snow on the ground around it..

Have ya got heat in there??

Methinks you need to visit Floriduh. That's ain't snow. :lol:

Porches are OK but he oughta add a ferrarrarri instead.

Yikes!

When I clicked your link. I got a window with "malicious Website blocked."

Yikes!

When I clicked your link. I got a window with "malicious Website blocked."

BlueJeans, (she hasn't read any of the reply's to this post)said, "I won't embarrass you and put up a flowerpots in the windows". She also said, it looks "cute". I corrected her and told her men caves don't, and aren't reffered to as "cute". MT

Archived