SASS Wire Forum

You Know You Live In Georgia When...

F.F.R.K...............

(Fresh Fryed Road Kill)

Tastes ssooo good when scraped from da hood !!!!

Orders anyone ????? :lol:

Lots of chicken houses down south. There's a huge one right down the road from my in-laws in LA. Couple of UFOs as well according to locals. :lol:

I've seen UFO's in La on more than one occasion! (ain't kiddin' either) :o

F.F.R.K...............

(Fresh Fryed Road Kill)

Tastes ssooo good when scraped from da hood !!!!

Orders anyone ????? :lol:

On a good day there's a 'tater spill as well. I like fries with my chicken. :P

In North Carolina, sometimes its hogs. We could git together and have a ham and egg breakfast... :D

It's not just down South or rural....

We've got a roadway through the center of Boston called Storrow Drive...runs along the Charles River, and to the unfamiliar looking at a map, looks like a way to avoid the downtown congestion...problem is, it has some VERY low bridges and overpasses.

Several times a year, truckers ignore the "Low Clearance" signs, and open up their trailers like a sardine can, or tip them right over, spilling chickens, hogs, watermelon, eggs, medical waste, toilet paper, fertilizer, ice cream, and whatever else on the roadway. Very often jamb the trailer under so tight that it has to be cut out. Very lively traffic jambs and road rage follow.

The nearly universal statement from the drivers? "I thought I could make it"....

LL

Out here it would be spilt heifers. :lol:

In North Carolina, sometimes its hogs. We could git together and have a ham and egg breakfast... :D

Ham and eggs......a days work for a chicken.....a life commitment for a pig. Just sayin'

Big Jake

Wish I had five bucks for everyone I know around here that forgot to lock the loading gate on their stock trailer.

Bob, I used to travel S. Georgia and all over Florida quite a bit. Thing you had to look out for was pulpwood trucks. None had reflectors or tail lights, much less brakes, and rarely was the load secured properly. Many's the time at dawn or dusk when I saw dark objects lying in the road....roadkilled pulpwood!

Chicken truck, chicken truck, just my luck! John Anderson

When I drove on I-10 and I-40 , "I drive a chicken truck...git da he77 out of my way !"

I had a decal sign on my sleeper dat read , "I don't haul Chickens......I haul Ass !! " :lol:

A friend of mine was driving a semi loaded with 300,000 or some equally ridiculous number of fresh eggs. He lost control on a slick highway ramp in Kansas City. Dumped the whole load on a large overhead traffic exchange. Freezing conditions and they had to get the fire department out to attempt to wash frozen eggs off of the highway. They told him next trip to not take I-35.

Wish I had five bucks for everyone I know around here that forgot to lock the loading gate on their stock trailer.

Bob, I used to travel S. Georgia and all over Florida quite a bit. Thing you had to look out for was pulpwood trucks. None had reflectors or tail lights, much less brakes, and rarely was the load secured properly. Many's the time at dawn or dusk when I saw dark objects lying in the road....roadkilled pulpwood!

==============================================

My late Aunt Mary had her the radiator of her '59 Ford skewered on US 301 in Fla. when a flatbed trailer in front of her lost its load of rebar.

Archived