SASS Wire Forum

What's on your wish / want list?

Grizzly Dave

If you came into a couple grand and had to spend it on guns or lose it, what would be first on your list?

I'll go first...

For cowboy guns, it would either be a Codymatic 73 or a pair of Longhunter SASS RNVs

Non CAS would be a 9mm, maybe a smaller carry one, a Sig 239, maybe a Ruger LC9 or the next bigger one don't remember the number at the moment.

If you came into a couple grand and had to spend it on guns or lose it, what would be first on your list?

I'll go first...

For cowboy guns, it would either be a Codymatic 73 or a pair of Longhunter SASS RNVs

Non CAS would be a 9mm, maybe a smaller carry one, a Sig 239, maybe a Ruger LC9 or the next bigger one don't remember the number at the moment.

Pair of colt with birdheads... oh, wait.. no, a pepper box derrigner, no a black rifle.. oh no wait.. another 1897 winchester, oh, no wait.. uh... can I have more money please Grizzes?

A Daisy BB Gun? :unsure:

With a very nice figure stock. :rolleyes:

You want a BB gun with a stock that looks like <insert your favorite movie actress' name who has a nice figure here>

You want a BB gun with a stock that looks like <insert your favorite movie actress' name who has a nice figure here>

AAA+ English Walnut stock with a tapered barrel and engraved with gold inlays.

new factory engraved new model bisley vaqueros, 38 spl., marlin cowboy comp,

gabby

Very cool Gabby... I need to look up the engraving guess it is factory, right?

yup they started doing their own engraving about 2 yrs after i had mine done i still like my older bisleys but

new ones weight a little less and that makes a diference now

gabby

Hmmm....

Want for CAS:

Two SAA / NMV revolvers in .357

12 GA. SxS

Want Just Because:

Two Single Sixes in .22LR/.22WMR

An Auto Ordnance Thompson M1928

If I had money left,

A Savage bolt action in .270

If I could find them in good condition,

Two more Single Sixes in .32 H&R Mag.

A lever action in .32 H&R Mag

Honestly, though, if I could get the CAS guns and one .22WMR Single Six, I would be happy.

Well it will have to be at least 20 grand. Now cas would have to be a real 1873 Winchester. Non sass Tommy gun

Any money left over ammo lots of it

Two grand would just be a teaser to my wish list.

On the CAS side, at the top of my list is a pair of the new nickle Colt Frontier Six Shooters, consecutively numbered, with ivory stocks.

On the Non-CAS side, it would be a Les Baer Ultimate Tactical Carry in .45 ACP.

A pair of Colts in .44-40 with Ivory grips. Hmmm......need more money :mellow:

A Schofield or two is on my list as well, just not towards the top.

Last fall a 1911 was at the top of the list, now, not so much, still on the list, but it's fallen down a few places.

Birdgun, I should take pics of the sword that is in my safe, as best we can tell it is an officers dress sword just post civil war. It's not mine, but I've managed to become caretaker of it for the time being.

A Barrett 12412 :FlagAm:

Not a whole lot of guns on my wish list, but I could wish for someone to do all my reloading for me!

Buena suerte,

eGG

B. Searcy & Co. Classic Double Rifle in .375 H&H flanged - here's the website - http://www.searcyent.com/classic.html --- and ya'll need to add in a few more thousands... <_<

A pair of Longhunter Rodeos with the lowered hammer spurs...

Or maybe a pair of SASS Rugers...

Dang, now I can't decide which...

You better hurry on the K98. The surplus market has just about dried up on them. I have only seen them advertised at one of the big importers recently.

Hard to hurry an empty wallet. :lol:

Hard to hurry an empty wallet. :lol:

The biggest drawback to retirement that I have found is that empty wallet syndrome

But for a gun I want this one with the proper molds and period scope

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_92_186_191&products_id=922

a pair of open top in 45Colt with 7 1/2 inch barrels

And two new holsters to match.

Shadetree, I've been shooting a pair of those for the last few years. One is from Taylors and the other from Cimmaron. Mine have the Navy grips. Love 'em! I'm using the same holsters that I used for my Uberti Model P SAAs with 7½ barrels--also in .45 Colt.

A pair of Longhunter USFAs in 38 special with 7.5" barrels and the lower hammers.

--Dawg

Colt 1911 (copy is fine) and an M-1 Carbine. I could maybe justify the 1911 if it was for Wild Bunch (except then I'd have to buy a '97 shotgun and I have zero interest in owning one of those).

The M-1 Carbine is just a fun little gun. But they are WAAAAY too much $$$ just to buy a plinker. Of course, if I HAD to spend a couple grand on guns...

For CAS I'd like a TTN hammer gun with 26" barrels and if I HAD to spend the money I'd have it fitted with screw in chokes so I could do some hunting with it.

Angus

(If wishes was fishes...)

Colt 1911 (copy is fine) and an M-1 Carbine. I could maybe justify the 1911 if it was for Wild Bunch (except then I'd have to buy a '97 shotgun and I have zero interest in owning one of those).

The M-1 Carbine is just a fun little gun. But they are WAAAAY too much $$$ just to buy a plinker. Of course, if I HAD to spend a couple grand on guns...

For CAS I'd like a TTN hammer gun with 26" barrels and if I HAD to spend the money I'd have it fitted with screw in chokes so I could do some hunting with it.

Angus

(If wishes was fishes...)

That is exactly where I am on a 1911 and 97.

Archived