SASS Wire Forum

Shot shell reloader

Prairie Dog

I am going to buy a new shot shell reloader looking at the discussion on the wire it appears the Ponsess Warren is the one most people liked my question is which one the 800 plus or the platinum

I have the 900 and really like it but have found that the items I have added to it are the ones that come standard on the 1000. The difference seems to be that newer feature get added as new models come out but the drive method changed after the 800s and some did not like the feel of the newer drive system. Never having used the 800, its not something I would miss so I much prefer the newer amenities of their later models. I am currently thinking along the line of a PW 375 set up for 20 and 410 to balance the other end of my shotgun reloading bench!

I've kinda-sorta had it in the back of my mind to sell my PW 800 Plus. It wouldn't be a give-away, but if I decided to sell it and a feller was going to be shooting where I was shooting, it could save him some moolah. Would you like me to seriously consider selling it?

Edit: I just realized the Prairie Dog (doesn't live close) is not Prairie Dawg (lives closer and sometimes is at the same matches as me). I still might consider selling it. I have the box and all the packaging. I could spend a few hours on it and load enough to last a few years. :D

I've kinda-sorta had it in the back of my mind to sell my PW 800 Plus. I wouldn't be a give-away, but if I decided to sell it and a feller was going to be shooting where I was shooting, it could save him some moolah. Would you like me to seriously consider selling it?

Yeah, about four months ago when I was in the market for one. :angry:

I am going to buy a new shot shell reloader looking at the discussion on the wire it appears the Ponsess Warren is the one most people liked my question is which one the 800 plus or the platinum

Must be nice to be a rich retired Vegas gambler.Get to go out and buy all kinds of new toys.See ya in a few weeks if I can get my trailer out of the mud hole the storage area turned into.

I have a Dillon 900

and last year I bought a Ponsness Warren 800B

to load black powder shells.

I am seriously thinking about selling the Dillon - that I use for smokeless shells,

and buying another Ponsness Warren.

The PW is slower than the Dillon, but it makes a better shell.

and honestly I can sell my Dillon for about 2 times the cost of a decent used PW.

COffee

Buck if you are going to sell it let me know,Thanks pard.

Whats a good price on a 900 recently rebuilt by PW?

Here's one (not recently rebuilt) listed on eBay. I will tell you that if my 800 Plus didn't have the ability to remove the shell holders/dies, I might have thrown it in the yard. Every once in a while, something is not going to go right. When it fails to "go right," I'm extremely happy that I can easily remove the shell holders (with the shells in them) to allow me to easily get back on track.

For anyone that is interested, shoot me a PM with your email and I'll send you a Word document with the differences in the PW's produced over the years.

HOLD YOUR HORSES! PW just introduced a brand spanking new reloader 3 or 4 days ago called "the patriot". There will probably be some who must have the newest. Go to trapshooters.com, shotgun world look around Lee

Archived