SASS Wire Forum

Classic Cowboys at Winter Range....

Ghost, SASS #50125

I apologize for not responding sooner. The truth is, it took this long to get over my poor performance! Have any of you dealt with this? LOL.

There were 34 Classic Cowboys this year at WR! GREAT! There were some very close races, but you never know what will happen in a gun fight contest, when seconds count, and concentration is paramont.

The Magnificent 7 of the CLASSIC COWBOY SHOOTIST AWARD,are interested in nominations for the SHOOTIST AWARD for 2011. Will you submit a nominee?

You can contact one of the following:

Brother King

Texas Ghost

Dragon Hill Dave

Vance Montana

Needmore Gunz

Cowhand

T-Bone Dooley (Recipient of the 2010 Classic Cowboy Shootist Award to be presented at 2011 EoT)

Ghost

Two come to mind.

Solicitor General - 1st This year at WR. 2nd last year and the prior 4-5 years in CC at WR. Also won in CC the very first year it was offered at EOT and WR.

not bad for a shooter that has a full time job.

Lefty Henderson. 2nd at WR this year, 2nd at EOT last year. 3rd at WR 2010, 2009

I would like to Second,,,,, Solicitor General, His first Eot win was called Classic Shootist I think?? As far as I know he has never shot anything else... Classic Cowboy and Solicitor just go together.... Good Luck----T-Bone

Joe ,,Don't we all have Jobs??????

Well some folks are retarded - I mean retired hehe like me. But actually prior to CC, Solicitor shot Traditional - his best was 7th overall at EOT in 2001 think.

Wow! You can not get a better endorsement than T-Bone!

We still have a lot of events to go this year, including EoT, State Championships, and Regional contests. I hope to see a lot more cowboys shooting CLASSIC this year.

Ladies, have you noticed that only 1-3 are shooting CLASSIC COWGIRL? Are you ready to stand out a little instead of being in the middle of the herd? Join the few elite women shooting CLASSIC COWGIRL today.

Ghost

(Who will be shooting TRAILHEAD at THSS, Columbus, TX, using his '51 Navies)

Lefty Henderson

Great consistent shooter who always wears all the gear and a great pard to ride the river with-

what Joe LaFives said

but in what order is difficult, both are exellent candidates for the award

I'd like to nominate

Lefty Henderson

then

Solicitor General

just to give the magnificent 7 somthing to think about :lol:

regards

Samuel B

Thanks S.B.C. Folks, Samuel B. Carpenter took 5th Place,CLASSIC COWBOY, at WR.

And, yes, it will be a very, very close race for the 2011 Award, but YOU, our fellow SASS members, will make that determination. The Magnificent 7 will only tabulate the votes or brake a tie.

Thanks to Hacksaw Hock for shooting CLASSIC COWBOY!

Ghost

What :unsure:

Nobody has mentioned the current World Champ!!! COWHAND !!!!

Thanks Jack. Cowhand, our current CLASSSIC COWBOY WORLD CHAMPION, is a current member of the Magnificent 7, and thus reconized as a CLASSIC COWBOY SHOOTIST. He is also eligible for the 2011 CLASSIC COWBOY SHOOTIST AWARD. And, in true cowboy values, would refain from voting in a tie that includes himself.

Ghost

Howdy to all the fine classic cowboys out their!!

And to all that participated in WR. This was the best shoot and the weather was awesome. Hey Ghost let's talk about all these candidates it's going to be hard?

Vance

Howdy to all the fine classic cowboys out their!!

And to all that participated in WR. This was the best shoot and the weather was awesome. Hey Ghost let's talk about all these candidates it's going to be hard?

Vance

You said it Vance! There's a lot of great Classic Cowboys out there, you included. Folks, Vance brought his own family to WR with him,(Wife and two sons, brother, and father and mother)all the way from Maine.Lady Ghost and I really enjoyed having dinner and conversations with them.

Ghost

Not sure if I officially nominated GW Ryder before, so I will now.

GW not only dresses Classic Cowboy to the hilt, he lives it. He is posse marshal at most shoots he attends, ROs, assists in teaching RO classes, and mentors new shooters. My first real match he stepped up and guided me thru, loaned me his shotgun, and gave me shells to feed it as what I'd brought wasn't suitable. He's attended EOT and I think Winter Range, and though he may have finished middle of the pack, I know he was there with a smile on his face and a helping hand to any who needed it. I am proud to know him and call him Pard.

GW Ryder

Solicitor General

Two Dot

Lefty Henderson

All great Classic Cowboys! They are welcome at my fire any time..........

I've shot Classic Cowboy against them and can't even come close.

GW not only dresses Classic Cowboy to the hilt, he lives it. He is posse marshal at most shoots he attends, ROs, assists in teaching RO classes, and mentors new shooters. My first real match he stepped up and guided me thru, loaned me his shotgun, and gave me shells to feed it as what I'd brought wasn't suitable. He's attended EOT and I think Winter Range, and though he may have finished middle of the pack, I know he was there with a smile on his face and a helping hand to any who needed it. I am proud to know him and call him Pard.

GW Ryder

Thanks Grizzly, Folks this is an excellent example of describing a nominee. It gives the board some back ground infro.

Ghost

GW Ryder

Glad to see I'm not the only Classic Cowboy that sometimes shoot other categories. Although I've never tried Gunfigher.

Cowtown Scout, that video was taken at a 5th Saturday match that allows a "big bore" category, GW was shooting big bore that day which allows any shooting style (two handed, duelist, or gunfighter), or it does at Pawnee Station anyway.

Maybe I should have found a different video for a classic cowboy nomination :D LOL.

Glad to see I'm not the only Classic Cowboy that sometimes shoot other categories. Although I've never tried Gunfigher.

Scout, my good friend. You are indeed a classic SASS shooter, no matter what category you shoot in. You take great care in your military dress and when you shoot "Classic Cowboy" or frontiersman. You make TSRA, SASS, and me proud to know you.

See ya down the trail.... Gunfigher?

Ghost

Archived