SASS Wire Forum

WTB BIANCHI X-15 shoulder holster

Let me warn you about the X-15 and 1911 pistols. Should you bend over from the waist in the QuickTrip to pick up the change you dropped, the 1911 may just slide right out the top of the X-15, make 1/2 rotation in mid-air and land on the hard tile floor on the cocked and locked hammer. I might also comment that the bore diameter of the 1911 is well over .45" when you see it pointed between your eyes when it hits the floor.

It also scared the poop out of the little guy from India who used to work at the QuickTrip.

Birdshot

edited for poor spelling

In the 'old' days i spent a lot of time in the saddle - a Honda 110 trail bike.

I either carried a Ruger Super Blackhawk in the appropriate Bianchi X15 shoulder holster or another Bianchi X15 for the 1911.

Too many times i found my Colt 38 super half way out of the holster. I quit using it.

I could probably dig it out of my junk box but it is left handed and modified.

elfego :FlagAm:

Well kiss mah grits! I never had one, but I always thought that holster was state of the art. Specially coming from Bianchi. I was under impression that the flat spring grabbed and held on tightly. I'm not wanting it for concealment, just to get the weight off my belt when I'm working around my spread. But I do like for guns to stay where they're supposed to so maybe I better look around. Thanks for the input! No Horse Hair

I've used the X15 for years and if you can get the gun to shake out the top, side or anywhere else then you've got one that is worn out or sprung or something else is wrong with it. If anything that spring in there is so stout it makes it difficult to holster the gun let alone let it fall out. Only reason I don't use mine anymore is that it's more comfortable for me to use the Galco Miami Classic horizontal carry. I'm getting so fat it's a long reach across my chest to make vertical carry work well.

Archived