SASS Wire Forum

Winchester 1887 12 ga. parts

Art

A friend of mine passed away and his wife gave me a Winchester model 1887 12 ga. shotgun he was working on. We couldn't find some of the parts. It's missing the hammer, main spring, breechblock pin & the forend stocks. If anyone knows where to find the parts please let me know. I was also wondering if the Norinco parts would fit and where to get them. My email is onebadlamb@comcast.net. Thanks Art

Art,

Hammers are different, Main Spring will work. I have an 87 12 gauge that is complete and functional. I am looking for a local Machinist that can make me a copy of my Hammer. I need to fix my half cock notch. I could order two if I can find a person that say's they can do it.

Best,

Sam :D

Art,

Hammers are different, Main Spring will work. I have an 87 12 gauge that is complete and functional. I am looking for a local Machinist that can make me a copy of my Hammer. I need to fix my half cock notch. I could order two if I can find a person that say's they can do it.

Best,

Muddy, could you add me to that list?

This would be a good part to keep on-hand. Plus, the more they can make it might be more enticing for them to manufacture the hammer.

I can PM my info if you'd like.

Art,

Best,

If you find someone let me know the cost and I might be interested. Thanks for getting back to me. Art

I just ordered two screws for my '87 from Wisner's at www.wisnerinc.com.

I am keeping my eyes open for an original parts gun. Before I bought mine, I probably passed on 2-3 that I came across either damaged with sokeless powder or rusted.

My half-notch kinda works. I would never trust it. I hope to hunt bunnies with it next fall.

Archived