SASS Wire Forum

Colorado State Shoot

Kiowa Kid, SASS #69870L

First off...Gateway, you should be doing nothing but "supervising" at this point!!! Now, can we haul the small trailer and dry camp? Shanley asked why he had off 17 of the 30 days of June....so I guess we are heading that way. Tell Colorodo kid's lovely bride I'll be wanting some of those cookies!!!! Ha!!! Hope you're well.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:FlagAm:

I don't know if SCR is having a match but I hear there is a pretty big one down near albuquque NM, place called Founders Ranch. I think its name is End of ??? I am sure someone can help me out. :lol::lol:

Regards

Gateway Kid

Wrangler and I will be there.....June is a wild month that's for sure. Colorado is packed full of shoots...no matter where you find yourself....you can shoot.

May 27-30 Craig, CO How The West Stayed Young

June 2-5 Byers, CO Rocky Mountain Regional Raid

June 9-12 Whitewater, CO Colorado State Championship

June 16-19 Cortez, CO Montezuma's Revenge

June 19-26 Edgewood, NM EOT

June 30-July3 Cheyenne, WY Hell On Wheels

And that's just the annuals in the area....lots of shooting to do...YeeHaw

As far as I know....if your not able to make one of the annuals in June....all the clubs are holding their regular week-end shoots also!!!

If you can't find someplace to shoot in June...it's NOT Colorado's fault!!! LOL :D:P

Guest Sheriff Pack Wolf, SASS #31917

I would like to make them all,...but that's about $700.00 in fees, and a thousand or two in gas and expenses.

I hope we have not detracted from each other.

I would like to make them all,...but that's about $700.00 in fees, and a thousand or two in gas and expenses.

I hope we have not detracted from each other.

Without a doubt June is a busy month just not enough hours in the day and days in the month, if some distraction has occured I'm sure it was not done on purpose, shoot at what you can make and have fun.

KK

If I can figure out the camera thingy, (I know I shouldn't be using technical stuff but...) I will post pics of the newly redone stage props from our shoot this weekend. (April 16 & 17)

We at the Thunder Mountain Shootists are getting pretty excited about the State Shoot and our prep work.

1. All props were moved downrange about 25 feet to give more room for the posses to be in the berm area rather than the road. The new Lulu's will have a front porch even!! :)

2. Two of the props now have a 16 x 35 foot deck integrated into the store front, to ensure consistent footing.

3. The train now stretches side to side across a 30 foot bay to give more shooting positions. (should be finished in the next couple of weeks) sidenote the entire train was rebuilt on a deck so no transitions from ground to prop or vice versa

4. We should have the cantina finished by the end of the month (similar to Philthy Phils at WR)

More to come!!

Looking forward to seeing ya all June 9-12

Applications at Thundermountainshootists.com

Regards

Gateway Kid

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds cool, looking forward to seeing the pics!

Grizz

Grizz,

come on and go to the Sate shoot you will not be sorry.

KK

Howdy All,

Directions to our range will be added to the website shortly. There are GPS coordinates that can be used, but if you Google the address it will be off by a mile or so. That's okay though, if you get lost just send up smoke signals. :D Contacts sre listed on the website so feel free to call anytime.

We are putting together a great match and invite everyone who can to be there!

Regards,

CBG

I am thinking about coming to this shoot as part of an early summer RV shooting tour. Is there room at the range for a 45 foot RV for dry camping? I need a lot of room on the road and overhead to get the RV around, and I have never been to this range. If there isn't much room, is there an RV park nearby that the club recommends?

I am thinking about coming to this shoot as part of an early summer RV shooting tour. Is there room at the range for a 45 foot RV for dry camping? I need a lot of room on the road and overhead to get the RV around, and I have never been to this range. If there isn't much room, is there an RV park nearby that the club recommends?

we got you covered. plenty of room for big rv's, plenty of room to drive 'em around and as long as they aren't taller than 16 ft you can get in to the range. KOA is a straight shot down the road about 10 miles. you can dry camp with us for $25 and then go down to cortez for the revenge.

Dragon Hill Dave,

I've dry camped on this range before. It's a large gravel parking lot with lots of room around the edges for campers. Just don't try to show up the morning shooting starts and park it, cuz all those 4-wheeled shooters vehicles make it tough to maneuver. This is a great bunch of cowfolk to spend time with.

Oh yea, KK I forgot to tell you, I'll be there... Got this new fifth wheel and JoAnn tells me if I don't use it a lot this summer, she's sending it back!

GW

Dragon Hill Dave,

I've dry camped on this range before. It's a large gravel parking lot with lots of room around the edges for campers. Just don't try to show up the morning shooting starts and park it, cuz all those 4-wheeled shooters vehicles make it tough to maneuver. This is a great bunch of cowfolk to spend time with.

Oh yea, KK I forgot to tell you, I'll be there... Got this new fifth wheel and JoAnn tells me if I don't use it a lot this summer, she's sending it back!

GW

You going to shoot CC?

KK

Hey Kid, I am hoping to go the Co State Championships. Have you heard anything about accomodations and cost? Please let me know asap if you do! Hoe about anyoneout there in Grand Junction, any suggestions on were to stay and how much per night?

Thanks,

CBA

You going to shoot CC?

KK

DHD! You won't like this shoot at all. The range sucks, the people suck, the weather sucks, the targets suck, your RV will never get out of the snow, don't believe what they're telling you! STAY HOME! ;)

Hey Kid, I am hoping to go the Co State Championships. Have you heard anything about accomodations and cost? Please let me know asap if you do! Hoe about anyoneout there in Grand Junction, any suggestions on were to stay and how much per night?

Thanks,

CBA

there are several hotels on our website - thundermountainshootists.com There is also a link to the GJ Chamber of Commerce tourist info bureau. My phone # is on the bottom of the application if you need more details or a recommendation. At the range we have dry camping available on a "first come, first parked" basis. $25 flat fee for Wed night to Sunday.

I took some pics over the weekend of the new props and some "typical" stages we shoot over here. In the rain no less so send a little love for my suffering for the greater good :lol: Web person says she will update the posse roster and the pics tonight. If it is not apparent in the photos the pistol targets are 16" size at 7-10 paces, rifle targets are 16" size at about 13-19 paces, SG are the "Handlebar Doc" versions at 8-11 paces. My pace is almost 3 feet so I would call them reasonable distance. The plate rack circles are 12" at 8-11 paces.

Our next monthly match is May 14 and 15 if you are interested. Start time is 10AM, six stages each day. I hope to be over to Pawnee Station this Sat if you want to ask questions in person.

See ya down the trail

Gateway Kid

DHD! You won't like this shoot at all. The range sucks, the people suck, the weather sucks, the targets suck, your RV will never get out of the snow, don't believe what they're telling you! STAY HOME! ;)

Now Brother King. You know that Charles Gatewood told me that you told him (though a second cousin who was related to your next door neighbors uncle by a previous marriage) that I was a DNGRGamer! I kinda like that :lol: cuz I am!! :lol:

But everyone else over here is really nice, (they must be pretty tolerant to let me shoot here :lol: ), we put down extra gravel so you front rangers wouldn't need 4 wheel drive to get out of a perfectly good, dry, parking lot :lol: we have our medicine man chanting for temps in the high 70's to low 80's (with a chance of snow on the mesa at night to make things look pretty, just for you! :lol: ) we moved the targets back about 5 yards just to give you a challenge, even made new stands so the targets are at all kinds of different heights cuz we know how you hate straight lines :lol: This shoot is tailor made for you. What more could you want?

See ya soon

Gateway (who loves messing with ya) Kid

What more could you want?

See ya soon

Gateway (who loves messing with ya) Kid

Well... DUUUUUHHHHH..... all the other Classic Cowboys who can whup my a$$ like Dragon Hill Dave to just slam the trunk and stay home! :ph34r:

Stick with me, GK, I'll teach you some 'gamin'! :lol:

Howdy,

Come on Colorado let's support our State Shoot, and to all the SASS shooters in other State's we would love to have you join in on the FUN.

KK

I told everyone on the Front Range (that's the eastern side of the Rockies for all you flatlanders) that their bullets won't know which direction to go since they only know west if they can see the mountains. :wacko:

So far it looks like only three Classic Cowboys so I should have a good chance at 4th unless that varmint from TX, Dragon Hill Dave doesn't chicken out. :D

I told everyone on the Front Range (that's the eastern side of the Rockies for all you flatlanders) that their bullets won't know which direction to go since they only know west if they can see the mountains. :wacko:

So far it looks like only three Classic Cowboys so I should have a good chance at 4th unless that varmint from TX, Dragon Hill Dave doesn't chicken out. :D

So are you going? you know you can win this, you faired pretty well at Land Run.

KK

So are you going? you know you can win this, you faired pretty well at Land Run.

KK

HECK YEAH! You know I wouldn't miss it! I'm just gaming.... sshhhhhhhhh... I think they're getting skeert... :ph34r:

I'm even going to donate $500 to the cause in gift certificates for our King of the Mountain gear. Everyone's a winner! :D

Archived